Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

A poll about Huge Rework/Content Update  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you want? You just can pick one, so be smart.

• 3D Terrain and layers in game, hill and pit mechanics.
    • New character textures, that make character moves more smooth and have more animations.
    • Huge AI rework that would change every mob AI in game that would change "kite" fight tactic forever
    • Temples, mazes, dungeons similar to Hamlet's pig temples
    • Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLC's be playable as gamemode in DST
    • Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLC's be playable as integrated in game.
    • New fight mechanics like bows, melee weapon combos, special attacks similar to RPG games.
    • Rework current biome with full of content (Comment which and how)
    • Seperated new biome, like sky islands, out-of-sea border islands etc.
    • Reworking all character in one, even already reworked ones.
    • New mechanism and technology update for automation of products, similar to ONI's.
    • An end-game mode that make game harder after player beat a boss or do a puzzle, so game will challange more.
    • Huge sound/music rework that add so much sounds to the game that remove the repeating stuation.
    • Totally new detailed cooking system that would make new dishes and a lot of variation of same dishes by the way u cook.
    • None of above.
  2. 2. Same poll, for the multiple choice.

• 3D Terrain and layers in game, hill and pit mechanics.
    • New character textures, that make character moves more smooth and have more animations.
    • Huge AI rework that would change every mob AI in game that would change "kite" fight tactic forever
    • Temples, mazes, dungeons similar to Hamlet's pig temples
    • Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLC's be playable as gamemode in DST
    • Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLC's be playable as integrated in game.
    • New fight mechanics like bows, melee weapon combos, special attacks similar to RPG games.
    • Rework current biome with full of content (Comment which and how)
    • Seperated new biome, like sky islands, out-of-sea border islands etc.
    • Reworking all character in one, even already reworked ones.
    • New mechanism and technology update for automation of products, similar to ONI's.
    • An end-game mode that make game harder after player beat a boss or do a puzzle, so game will challange more.
    • Huge sound/music rework that add so much sounds to the game that remove the repeating stuation.
    • Totally new detailed cooking system that would make new dishes and a lot of variation of same dishes by the way u cook.
    • None of above.

Karitha    3660

Yeah, like there is not enough of polls in forum these days, I'm gonna make another one.

Let's say Klei is promising one of those "HUGE" reworks for Don't Starve Together, which would you choose?

KM_Harrowick    2148

3D terrain could add so much. Still makes me think of that amazing mountain vignette that Wickerbottom has.

Mountains could make for a cool usage of winter gear outside of winter, too!

jan Mele    1261

I would have gave a second vote for 3D terrain

4 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Could you make a second question that is basically the same but is multivote?

I can't revote xd

Thanks anyways

Karitha    3660
6 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Could you make a second question that is basically the same but is multivote?

You got it.

4 minutes ago, KM_Harrowick said:

3D terrain could add so much. Still makes me think of that amazing mountain vignette that Wickerbottom has.

Mountains could make for a cool usage of winter gear outside of winter, too!

I think same, made my vote to it. DST's template was build on it, here is how was DST supposed to look like.image.png.3e10a6e9a3d7d44f0ef30a178abc9e3f.png

jan Mele    1261
8 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Where is the none of the above option?

Yeah

I'd say shipwrecked and hamlet as game mods is the most tolerable option if you don't want any of these (not offering a solution ofc)

Waoling    1231

I alway want to explore up high like the moutian, the giant trees, the clound, and the hidden floating land that the bird people live.

Bobl    12

I love don't starve as it is I would like some content from the dlc's in the dst, but waiting for unedited content also makes me more excited to see things I've never seen

Karitha    3660
1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Where is the none of the above option?

Added, sorry i forgot :wilson_hurt:

HowlVoid    9449
2 hours ago, Karitha said:

You got it.

I think same, made my vote to it. DST's template was build on it, here is how was DST supposed to look like.image.png.3e10a6e9a3d7d44f0ef30a178abc9e3f.png

Wow, don't starve animal crossing edition lol.

Mike23Ua    15112

As someone who is actually old enough to remember playing the first ever sonic the hedgehog or Mario games: When those games went “3D” and gained hills and terrain to cross it made them feel like whole new experiences in a familiar setting.

It truly was a magical moment in gaming history- And Klei has the chance to relive that moment within their own franchise so if I had to pick only ONE thing on this list I’d Go with making Vertical & Horizontal hills/slopes/etc that elevate the game to new heights.

And just for the heck of it I’ll even throw in a few bonus Klei official vignettes that show why this should’ve been a thing a long time ago.

42D1826A-0B29-4255-8AFA-91BBD842D3B8.thumb.png.b965387129a2566a8ee07897fc6e6dd2.png6645AAAA-B770-4617-B7DB-60C2A8D3C749.thumb.png.82df86f0ed1ca8b7233eb8abab4c2b74.png

In Klei’s art, cliffs and hills has always existed.

Now then let me explain what cliffs and hills can actually DO gameplay wise.. 

In the above photo we see Wilson looking over a cliff ledge, when suddenly it starts raining, WX78 who is below Wilson looking up can run underneath this sticking slightly outward ledge and take shelter from the rain, once it’s done raining.. Wilson can roll down a rope ladder so the WX below him can climb up to Wilson.

Forget every other option on this poll.. I’ve been there when games went from 2D and flat to 3D with hills, platforms elevations etc.. I know the unexplainable magic feeling you get from that experience- and this is the one thing that I would ask for if I could only pick one choice from this list.

Spep    807

Considering that the games engine supports it, some things already use it, and modding has already made it a thing for players, some 3D / verticality would be an absolute blessing for atleast one area.

Also ever since gorge i have longed for a update to cooking and food in general, you get a little tired after your 20th pierogi in a row, and i would rather be caught dead than farming materials for honey poultice.

Nickolai    2727

I have always wanted some sort of elevation in DST, maybe as some kind of dlc or sequel to DST. There would be so many new possibilities with movement, exploration, and game mechanics. A lot would be unlocked with the Y axis.

Here are some 3D concepts made by Fuffles that need to be seen.

Spoiler

5wltS2T.png.f4908dd009e4b3066d19834f31ebb774.png

teOdIIE.thumb.png.2cddd184cf7c0e3c8be7d5f9bd821995.png

la5ShgM.thumb.png.35e0a18c87fcf8eab4ac5c28094124e4.png

LfCfvUA.thumb.png.87a509d0a92886c1043c454faf762d53.png

K7WX2GH.thumb.png.7c87541d3662e811b8cb2fac64a30138.png

hhh2    1235
3 hours ago, Nickolai said:

I have always wanted some sort of elevation in DST, maybe as some kind of dlc or sequel to DST. There would be so many new possibilities with movement, exploration, and game mechanics. A lot would be unlocked with the Y axis.

Here are some 3D concepts made by Fuffles that need to be seen.

Reveal hidden contents

5wltS2T.png.f4908dd009e4b3066d19834f31ebb774.png

teOdIIE.thumb.png.2cddd184cf7c0e3c8be7d5f9bd821995.png

la5ShgM.thumb.png.35e0a18c87fcf8eab4ac5c28094124e4.png

LfCfvUA.thumb.png.87a509d0a92886c1043c454faf762d53.png

K7WX2GH.thumb.png.7c87541d3662e811b8cb2fac64a30138.png

You know if it were done like layers to the world I can see it working well, actually really well, I hope this is in the pipeline somewhere while also bringing interiors back, too.

Frosty_Mentos    2615

I think hills, pits and all would fit well if it were caves and other bits of the cave world since overworld is more or less of a good terrain that is flat and generally good for just building and exploring. Since caves are very bare, any new additions would perhaps make them more interesting even if there were dungeons and rooms to enter as you walk around. Though I believe it would be a really heavy cave rework that would take a bit more time than most peeps would have patience or Klei's budget to keep going on at... instead - any new cave generations should be in that style. If there's gonna be more ancient dungeons or new biomes to explore, I think elevation and room mechanics would likely make things spicier.

Some characters need an additional rework since the new releases and reworks had created a new set example of what is a good and fun design to enjoy. The following characters and/or needed things changed are:

-Wormwood and more healing ways back from compost/farm work, since their whole kit revolves around farming it's very unfair that they cannot benefit more for themselves in some more ways. Composting food doesn't really benefit them in health and healing is too low for how slow animations lasts. Composting bins and making themselves wet while it's sunny should really be their best healing choices of regeneration while salves shouldn't really do much.
-Willow was left in the dirt after her "rework". The only things that changed is that she gained back her immunity and she's not as difficult to play as as he were for few years before her rework in DST. She literally has little to nothing in her kit but just good early start to survival. BERNIE! is pretty cool and super useful body guard, but he doesn't really contribute in cases like lunacy/moonstorms and his tankiness only works well if Willow stacks Bernies in her inventory like how Abigail used to be back then. Bernie is a nice addition but Willow herself may need new fire based abilities or craftables to compensate for the Bernie rework cause she's not Wendy and Abigail.
-Winona - she... I mean, it would be nice to have personal tools that she can only use, other than that - REMOVE THE DARN ANNOYING HUNGER DRAIN FOR CRAFTING! Survival as her feels nearly like playing Wortox at the times, eating additional meatballs just for crafting anything anytime. I get she had to have some kind of downside, but she really doesn't have anything to stand on her own besides faster crafting to need an actual downside. Wendy has less damage to compensate that she has a literal floating shredder defending her, Wanda ages as a high risk high reward and she provides high utility and damage, Wigfrid has to fight to survive due to her need of meat and Wolfgang loses sanity faster to compensate his massive damage. There's no basis why Winona needs a downside since she's nearly the same as Wilson.
-Wortox. There's not really a whole lot that there's a big need for, besides maybe something to do with his souls. I don't think sanity loss for eating them is as necessary but maybe he could make larger souls or some thing out souls to compensate his mid/lategame hunger situation. Eating normal food should really feel more like an option than a necessity he needs to work towards cause of his condition. He's fun to play around as for a bit and you can do a lot of things as him due to his healing and dodge/teleport, but he doesn't really have anything to make you wanna keep playing him in comfort later on.
-Warly. I don't really know what I can suggest... but something bothers me about his state of gaining back health and all. I either don't have enough experience as him or that I feel that he may be a lil too grindy for getting decent healing and food. I might play a lil more as him to get better feedback, but for now this is where he stands for me.

An option that isn't on the poll is to rework the early game / new player experience. Exceedingly so this game either captures a player, or completely shuts them out within an hour. For a lot of people it takes multiple attempts to want to play this game over sometimes several years before they really end up giving the game a true go. I hear this A LOT. I think even having some actual game difficulty sliders/presets could eliminate this, or even like on the homescreen have like a tutorial type story mode crash course thing.

I want reworked cooking, but I don't like the option you have. Cooking doesn't need much. The dishes just need to be a bit better honestly. So many dishes are like way better if you just eat the ingredients, sometimes even raw.

A few new biomes, and definitely tweaking the existing ones would do a lot for the game. Most haven't really changed in years. The formula is great honestly. I don't think it is perfect though.

LiamAshvinn001    581

Hamlet Pig Temples would be cool to be adapted in some way. Probably not as pig temples but something else.

THAT BEING SAID IM STILL WAITING FOR KLEI TO LET US TIE BOATS TGTHER