loopuleasa

Poll: What changes would you like to see for Maxwell, if any?

Poll: What changes would you like to see for Maxwell, if any?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see changes to Maxwell?

• No, the character is perfect already
    • No, the character is fine as is
    • Yes, but only some QoL changes
    • Yes, some new mechanics would be nice
    • Yes, and I would love to see a full rework
  2. 2. Waxwell changes:

• [QoL] Remove codex umbra as an item and just let him summon the shadows without it (still play the book animation)
    • [New] Max dapperness tied to his suit, which he has to maintain and repair
    • [QoL] Codex umbra can be used to "store" shadows inside it for later use (max sanity loss remains while stored)
    • [Disadvantage] Codex umbra starts out torn, and must be completed
    • [New] Maxwell can utilize magic tab items better than others (fire/ice staffs, telelocator, lazy explorer, star/moon callers, lazy gatherer, magilumi, etc)
    • I don't like any of the above options
    • Something else (comment below)

loopuleasa    1992

Source thread is this:

Previously I asked "What character do you main?" and after, I contacted people that replied to the poll, I compiled a list of desired changes.

In this thread feel free to vote and discuss about this character.

Cheggf    8629

They could literally do nothing except give him Wanda's magic related perks and I'd be happy lol. Personally I'd like if the tool requirement for the shadows was removed. Just a cost of 2 nmf each would be a lot more fun. Not really a huge buff since flint is easy to get, but I just think it's a little tedious to make tools then give them to the book. It would just let him be a bit more versatile without needing to carry flint and twigs around, and make his duelists suck a bit less since making spears just for them is annoying.

• Like 2

hhh2    1096

idk maxwell is already one of the best characters, but giving him some QoL and more utility outside of resource harvesting would be welcome changes. As for disadvantages, 75 health is still a big disadvantage so... none.

SinancoTheBest    6286

Like Wendy's rework, we desperately need more control over his minions, let us command them around, order them to stop, get certain stuff or get everything etc.

Many more variations of shadow minions please. Shadow tillers, shadow rowers, shadow wrecking crew. I'd really like his forge perk integrated in some way too where he uses a horde of shadow fighters to attack.

Additionally a different route to go would be to make his minions more neutral/changeable and make him able to equip his minions with tools, weapons and armor for different effects, be able to swap out tools etc.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

RoseAppraiser    280

Maxwell was someone who was privy to some of Their secrets. It makes sense that he learned a thing or two about the fuel and how to utilize it effectively.

Wolfgang's short proved how William (unintentionally) gave Wolfgang a boost in muscle mass. Who's to say Maxwell can't do something similar, such as temporarily spawning hordes of friendly shadows to help keep him safe. His frailty, from his prolonged reign on the throne, can result in shadows doing less damage to him. He would also have a proficiency or gimmick where he can repair nightmare fuel items at a reasonable cost, say some health and sanity.

He is also well-versed in Ancient history, so perhaps he can access some unique creations at a pseudoscience altar or at least prototype the basics.

• Big Ups 1

vorti    184

I don't really play him, the playable version is kind of a disappointment for me. The former ruler of the world now chopping trees, his shadow magic is easily defeated by the first random treeguard. Also "Can split his mind into pieces" just sounds way more exciting than it actually is.

A main character like him would deserve the most game-changing* rework we've ever seen.

*literally

• Like 3

321bwa    56

The ability to recall Shadows would be awesome. An actual animation/prompt for dispelling Shadows would be great too instead of Maxwell punching them.

Shadow Duelists could either respawn after being killed, have much more health given their bad kiting AI, scale in damage based on the amount of puppets deployed, or make them un-targetable by mobs.

I'm excited for his eventual rework in using advanced and showy shadow magic to make up for his frailness.

• Like 3

loopuleasa    1992
2 hours ago, medabunny said:

The only thing I would change is to give him finer control over his puppets and make the shadow duelists actually useful somehow, maybe better kiting AI or at least more health.

This.

I want to play shadow overlord.

23443244.thumb.png.40c7cda973b5b8c898b17bd49f3d1d5c.png

57 minutes ago, 321bwa said:

have much more health given their bad kiting AI

No amount of health can compensate for bad kiting.

Dodge is the most important stat in this game apparently.

I like how Wendy with a simple on/off flower control can control aggro really well.

Heck, even Webber has good aggro control options with his spider tools.

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 2

Cloakingsumo198    2048

I want Maxwell's max sanity to decrease in max size instead of getting black chunks when using minions.

So I can have workers without looking at the ugly insanity filter.

Mike23Ua    14506

Remove the Maxwell puppets, re-design them as Shadow monster constructs that are still capable of doing all the boring Mining work, but are ALSO capable of fighting..

Example being- A summoned Crawling Horror or TerrorBeak could “Bite” Rocks to mine them, And if something attacks Maxwell they can stop what they’re doing to protect him.

Maxwell is the former Shadow king, yet in his current form.. all he can summon are a few cheap clones of himself.

Other changes: Codex Umbra is now held in his hand and Cast without needing to drop the book on the ground to craft from it.

Anthony_L3hr    971

I want his shadows to mirror his current speed, so like when holding a walking cane and wearing Magi., they would be able to run on par with Maxwell. 

• Like 1

Mr_Vol    5

I main Maxwell and you will always find me riding a Beefalo, if you are going to make it so Maxwell can summon Shadows in his hand (without dropping the codex) please make it so you can do it while on tip of a Beefalo. 

• Like 1