DDNW    48

I'd add some stuff that make me think there is more:
1. Description has 0 and 1 binary code translating to: too late too late too late
2. There is available switch on youtube for annotations, but there is no one (or at least you normally don't see it)
3. The letters, espetialy last sequence contains an "N" at end.

• Like 4

Waoling    1211

There probably gonna be a half hour long video about WX short in a few day so I don't worry about it too much.

pyroisshy    410

So is WX-78 non binary for real or did they just forget about their entire life as a human? Can Klei comment on this before the forum explodes please

• Like 3

jan Mele    1260
10 minutes ago, pyroisshy said:

So is WX-78 non binary for real or did they just forget about their entire life as a human? Can Klei comment on this before the forum explodes please

I mean, WX still refers to other machines using gendered terms, so probably enby

What a silly thing to talk about!

Edited by jan Mele
  • Like 2

Szczuku    18856

My best guess is that the human that became Wx was Wagstaff's friend/father who was very ill. Wx was their way of 'treating' his illness. Or just escaping dying of old age. Y'know science-fiction-style.

I'm saying that cuz the person's silhouette looks like he might be balding and have a beard; classic way to show an old man.

• Like 2

jan Mele    1260
7 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

My best guess is that the human that became Wx was Wagstaff's friend/father who was very ill. Wx was their way of 'treating' his illness. Or just escaping dying of old age. Y'know science-fiction-style.

I'm saying that cuz the person's silhouette looks like he might be balding and have a beard; classic way to show an old man.

Idk, Wagstaff seems to be too based for caring about this

Also, I think that wx didn't have a beard and it's hair just was long-ish

Edited by jan Mele

sudoku    2156
1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

The real question is did their name start with a ''W''. I guess if they were a relative of Wagstaff then that rings true. 

Actually where did the name WX -78 even come from? Since there are multiple body shells, perhaps this is the successful 78th attempt at creating WX. But then what about the WX part. As far as naming conventions the rat we see is name IA4, so WX is unique to them. Perhaps WX is the humans initials?

GetNerfedOn    8860

Screenshot_20220429_015953.thumb.jpg.33ec217be032bab3c8acf668460ea0fd.jpg

Something i fixated on is Wickerbottom aging to the point of having pure white hair. 

Perhaps that will have implications in the future rework

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

RoseAppraiser    282
2 minutes ago, sudoku said:

The real question is did their name start with a ''W''. I guess if they were a relative of Wagstaff then that rings true. 

Actually where did the name WX -78 even come from? Since there are multiple body shells, perhaps this is the successful 78th attempt at creating WX. But then what about the WX part. As far as naming conventions the rat we see is name IA4, so WX is unique to them. Perhaps WX is the humans initials?

Voxola and Wagstaff had a peculiar naming system so it likely ties in that way. 

PR-76 was the radio

ML-77 was the gramophone

WX-78

• Like 2

sudoku    2156
9 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Screenshot_20220429_015953.thumb.jpg.33ec217be032bab3c8acf668460ea0fd.jpg

Something i fixated on is Wickerbottom aging to the point of having pure white hair. 

Perhaps that will have implications in the future rework

The background characters  in that whole intro and end scene looked rough. I think it was just an oversight. It wouldnt really make sense to have Wickerbottom age especially since we already have Wanda

Edited by sudoku
  • Like 2

Falkenpelz    3182

At the beginning we see Wagstaff or human Wx noting down "specimen displays erratic behaviour - organic part to blame?" right after seeing the half-mechanical mouse. So there was clearly some stuff going on with creating Cyborg-creatures and to suspect that the organic part is what makes a being act "erratic" is a rather cynical view on life. The two were either trying to create the "perfect" creature that could perform tasks better than human beings, trying to cure sickness through replacing bodyparts or were going even as far as searching for human immortality. I'd suspect them both to fit into the mad/immoral scientist category, but I can't quite tell, who the greater madman was in the end.

• Like 1

Owlrust    6820

It seems the survivors may have been raided by pigmen as seen by the destruction caused at the camp (possibly due to Wurt's presence). They either stole or were given battle spears and Wigfrid received some injuries.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1