WX-78 Refresh Available On Steam, Xbox and PlayStation Today!

21 hours ago, kojuggalo said:

I have a wx78 world I've played for some time. Spent tons of gears upgrading him. 

I only play as wx78, im unhappy with this update.

I am unable to build any circuits all locked, i have biodata. 

Kinda feel like quitting now take my ball n go home.

Don't eat gears like that. WX doesn't upgrade via gears anymore.

Biodata is just an ingredient! You have to actively scan mobs to unlock their recipes. Like rabbits, butterflies, slurpers, ECT!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GuyNamedChris said:

Nope, like kilobit mentioned it's just a gag. Just like how the rest of the survivors have bones in their hair when zapped.

Who's to say they don't have bones in their hair?:wilson_sneaky:

Edited by Bumber64
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 9:19 PM, kojuggalo said:

I have a wx78 world I've played for some time. Spent tons of gears upgrading him. 

I only play as wx78, im unhappy with this update.

I am unable to build any circuits all locked, i have biodata. 

Kinda feel like quitting now take my ball n go home.

You are seriously considering quitting the game over 15 gears? Wow. Just wow. I'm at a loss of words. 

You need to scan specific mobs to unlock them. Sort of like Webber and his spiders.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Gears that could be used to stop fires and make fridges. 1525292350_Smithustajaokay.png.649669e2f3666c4da9886184a95255c4.png

I mean you're right. But like... even without resetting the ruins, you get plenty. Let alone grave digging and picking tumbleweeds. Not to mention the sculptures you can build etc. There is a many ways for gears. 

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

8 hours ago, mervin_hk said:

The new wetness mechanic was fine in the beta when WX loses one charge every 20 seconds.
But when the update went live, the mechanic becomes a complete nightmare: Now WX loses one charge every few seconds and the frequent stuns that happens with it makes this poor little robot character unplayable for a lot of people.

Imagine if someone throws a water balloon at WX.
It will go to robot heaven in a matter of seconds.

See the source image

Skill issue. 

But for real the wetness isnt that bad you will already have a football helmet on your head(if you dont what are you doing?) so just make an umbrella and you will have 100% wetness imunity. One you kill deerclops its basically a none exsisting downside. (deerclops eye can be used for the eyebrella if you dont know.) 

6 hours ago, themightyone said:

Can someone please explain what the circuits do exactly?   Or just give a actual decent list of this re-work ? 

All the original post says is circuits create different perks .....well what are they !?

Thanks

There are 15 different circuits now. About half of it are inferior-superior versions of one another. 8 of the circuits provide Stat boosts of Health, Hunger, Sanity and Speed. The remaining 7 are a bit more unique. Each circuit has a different number of prongs an WX' new charge meter has space for up to 6 prongs so you can insert any combination of circuits up to six prongs, including inserting more of the same for stronger effects. The list goes as follows:

Hardy Circuit: 1 prong, 50 points of increased max Health 

Super-Hardy Circuit: 2 prongs, 150 points of increased max Health

Processing Circuit: 1 prong, 40 points of more increased Sanity 

Superprocessing Circuit: 2 prongs, 100 points of increased max Sanity and passive sanity restoration

Gastrogain Circuit: 1 prong, 40 points of increased max hunger

Super Gastrogain Circuit: 2 prongs, 100 points of increased max hunger and slower hunger loss

Acceleration Circuit: 6 prongs, 25% faster speed.

Super Acceleration Circuit: 2 Prongs, 25% faster speed. Stacking more of this grants a total of 40% and 50% speed respectively.

Illumination Circuit: 3 Prongs, Indefinite light around WX78. A second one increases the light radius.

Optoelectronic Circuit: 4 Prongs, Indefinite moggles effect (nightvision) during nighttime and in caves.

Chorebox Circuit: 3 prongs, WX produces continues music from its body, prpviding sanity aura for everyone and auto-tending crops. A second one increases the sanity regen of the aura and adds beats to the playing tune.

Electrifying Circuit: 2 prongs, returns 30 electric damage to anything that attacks WX. Adding more of this circuit increases damage to 60 and 90 respectively.

Thermal Circuit: 3 prongs, raises WX' minimum temperature by 20 degrees, makes WX emits heat occationally and perishables in its inventory perish quicker. One is enough to prevent freezing but adding a second one will comfortably keep WX at minimum 20 degrees and emmit heat more.

Refrigerant Circuit: 3 prongs, lowers WX' max temperature by 20 degrees, makes WX emit cool air occationally and perishables in its incrntory perish slower. One is enough to prevent overheating but adding a second onr will comfortably keep WX at highest 50 degrees and emmit cooling aura more.

Beanbooster Circuit: 3 prongs, passive sanity and health regen.

• Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

This animated short is spectacular! Aren't we supposed to have a sale running in the shop?

Thank you for all your hard work! I'm still waiting for my 7th slot since WX'S stats were nerfed even more... Plz Klei with sugar on top! 

13 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

There are 15 different circuits now. About half of it are inferior-superior versions of one another. 8 of the circuits provide Stat boosts of Health, Hunger, Sanity and Speed. The remaining 7 are a bit more unique. Each circuit has a different number of prongs an WX' new charge meter has space for up to 6 prongs so you can insert any combination of circuits up to six prongs, including inserting more of the same for stronger effects. The list goes as follows:

Hardy Circuit: 1 prong, 50 points of increased max Health 

Super-Hardy Circuit: 2 prongs, 150 points of increased max Health

Processing Circuit: 1 prong, 40 points of more increased Sanity 

Superprocessing Circuit: 2 prongs, 100 points of increased max Sanity and passive sanity restoration

Gastrogain Circuit: 1 prong, 40 points of increased max hunger

Super Gastrogain Circuit: 2 prongs, 100 points of increased max hunger and slower hunger loss

Acceleration Circuit: 6 prongs, 25% faster speed.

Super Acceleration Circuit: 2 Prongs, 25% faster speed. Stacking more of this grants a total of 40% and 50% speed respectively.

Illumination Circuit: 3 Prongs, Indefinite light around WX78. A second one increases the light radius.

Optoelectronic Circuit: 4 Prongs, Indefinite moggles effect (nightvision) during nighttime and in caves.

Chorebox Circuit: 3 prongs, WX produces continues music from its body, prpviding sanity aura for everyone and auto-tending crops. A second one increases the sanity regen of the aura and adds beats to the playing tune.

Electrifying Circuit: 2 prongs, returns 30 electric damage to anything that attacks WX. Adding more of this circuit increases damage to 60 and 90 respectively.

Thermal Circuit: 3 prongs, raises WX' minimum temperature by 20 degrees, makes WX emits heat occationally and perishables in its inventory perish quicker. One is enough to prevent freezing but adding a second one will comfortably keep WX at minimum 20 degrees and emmit heat more.

Refrigerant Circuit: 3 prongs, lowers WX' max temperature by 20 degrees, makes WX emit cool air occationally and perishables in its incrntory perish slower. One is enough to prevent overheating but adding a second onr will comfortably keep WX at highest 50 degrees and emmit cooling aura more.

Beanbooster Circuit: 3 prongs, passive sanity and health regen.

Thanks very much. This sounds like a cool update. Looking forward to trying it out .

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 1:23 PM, Deerclops Mika said:

This skin was found in the game files in the beta test, but it did not appear with the release of the update. Does anyone have any guesses?

Omg we need this wardrobe skin!

image.png

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2

15 hours ago, ksa_boi said:

Nice but uh can you add chat to nintendo switch plz emotes isn’t enough to contact with people

Think with this they would need access with nintendo phone app, so you can use your phone to type. because currently anything typing like signs takes you out the game into the switch typing screen.

So far from the things I’ve been able to craft and do with WX78 I’ve been having fun with this rework, I do have a few questions about it though.

If I plug in TWO of the 3 pronged Moggles circuits will that have any effect? (Such as instead of making the screen black/red it remains in full color?)

In my current world 4 people have joined as WX78, died and left their Jimmys in my world so I pick them all up and “activate” each one of them hoping they would follow me around like Lightbulb Bugs do from the Forgotten Knowledges update.. unfortunately, these will just all clutter back into one spot so even if 4 are active at the same time: It doesn’t appear to have any ACTUAL benefit in doing this… I kinda figured that with multiple Jimmys active they could spread out and cover a larger scanning radius or something- but for now there’s no benefit at all in creating or having more than 1 active.

Can this please be fixed?? Just think of it like doing mo-cap animations or something, the more little balls you put on your suit/the studio set piece- the more accurately you’ll be able to capture/film.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If I plug in TWO of the 3 pronged Moggles circuits will that have any effect? (Such as instead of making the screen black/red it remains in full color?)

You can't, as optoelectronic has 4 prongs. Illuminalion is the one with 3 prongs and having two of them increases the light radius.

Love DST and really like the direction they took this rework. One issue I did have was I felt it was inconvenient to figure out what I could and couldn’t scan the first time. Obviously once you learn what needs to be scanned it’s not an issue. But I tried out the rework without looking up the info and it felt like I was just walking up to every living creature, only to find out it wasn’t scannable. Instead of getting to try out different circuits and combinations, most of my first play through was wandering around trying to figure out what I needed to scan. It got so frustrating I eventually had to look up what I needed to scan. Think just having some way to point WX players in the right direction on what needs to be scanned would be appreciated. The crafting recipes offer some hints, but feel like there needs to be a little more.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:23 PM, FireClaw248 said:

One issue I did have was I felt it was inconvenient to figure out what I could and couldn’t scan the first time.

When Jimmy is in your inventory, it beeps a lot if you are near a scannable mob.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, ALCRD said:

The Merm King's slower hunger drain rate didn't make it into the final? Or just not mentioned in the changelog?

Unless I've missed it no one seemed to have answered that... Does anyone know if the changes made it to this patch?

edit : I did an in-game test with a mod that shows his hunger and he indeed loses 25 per day now instead of the old 50

Edited by Abilify