Answer honestly. As always, message or reply to me if there is something you don't understand.  

167 members have voted

1. 1. What character you like the least?

2. 2. Did you pick more then 1 character in the last question?

3. 3. Why did you pick the character that you did?

• They're boring.
    • They're tedious.
    • Nothing's wrong with the character I picked, it's just that I like everything else more.
    • I dislike their personality.
    • I dislike their playstyle.
    • They're bland.
    • They're just not VIABLE.
    • Something that's not listed here.

NightfallsCurse    1643

I chose Wanda, even though she requires a lot of skill to become OP, once you build those skills, I feel her Alarming clock easily cuts through the game, I feel the same with Wendy, except she doesn't need the skill to be OP, Abigail practically makes Wendy's weakness invisible

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What's with the quotation arrows?smeel.png.789cb34c1e8f67da8cb03750d2eee959.png

it's because of what they said I suppose?

8 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

The character I dislike the most is Webber. I just don't like them, though they do look cool, I'll give them that.

• Like 3

YouKnowWho    8824

i like wurt, but i'm pretty sure she's the one who stole my credit card so it'll have to be her

sorry wurt :( 

• Haha 2

minespatch    95573
4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It's because he is the correct choice :D

Webber and Wurt basically have similar colonial mechanics of conquering lands.

• Like 1

Flarezen    424

Worst survivor is the players, we died with the characters when starting off as a novice to the game and when fighting bosses for the first time.

• Big Ups 1

chincer    124

i love walter and wortox but i hate them anyway, walter could be so much more but the slingshot just isn't useful, wortox needs rebalancing, maybe make it the first character without a hunger meter, just have a souls meter and work around that

but my pick has to be wormwood, specially now with the WX rework it feels his upsides just arent interesting enough

• Like 1

Dextops    3897
7 hours ago, chincer said:

wortox needs rebalancing, maybe make it the first character without a hunger meter, just have a souls meter and work around that

man he already isn't doing too well idk if we gotta cripple him more

• Like 2

JeroLudo    42
On 4/27/2022 at 9:23 AM, SecretPizzaMan said:

The character I dislike the most is Webber. I just don't like them, though they do look cool, I'll give them that.

I think it has to do with their playstyle. Just very bland. Plus spider shrieks start getting annoying quickly.

I didn't know the little guy had a dissociative identity disorder.

CameoAppearance    2994

I'm not really sure how to answer because I like all the characters' personalities (at least, everyone in DST and most of the singleplayer characters) and that's what really determines my answer to "do I like this character", but there are some characters whose playstyles really don't suit me. I don't care for Winona, Wickerbottom, Wurt, Woodie, or Walter's gameplay - or Wes, but he's supposed to be like that - but I love their characterization.

Edited by CameoAppearance
  • Big Ups 1

GelatinousCube    1311
On 4/28/2022 at 3:54 AM, Blunty_x said:

I personally picked Wanda, I haven't played her more than a few seasons but I've seen her gameplay and I honestly don't like it..her upside is hugeeee idc what anyone says..she is a glass Canon, with tons of utility, tied with Warly imho in that regard. Only downside is she is locked behind a pay wall and not noob friendly. I feel she is in the spot Wolfgang used to inhabit 

Picked the same for more or less the same reasons =D 

Her downside doesn't remain a downside at all as you get better with her and have practise. She makes absolutely no sense being so ridiculously strong when the last few reworks have nerfed some of the other stronger characters. I don't really understand the disconnect between everyone begging for harsher downsides for everyone else but being ok with her complete lack of real downsides. She's genuinely becoming even more pay to win which is both lame and sorta gross.

• Like 2

SpookyXy    116

I can't stand Wortox's personality and the fact that his knowledge of the ancients and ability to travel between dimensions invalidates a lot of the story's mystery and premise. He's the only survivor who doesn't need to be there and who could theoretically free the survivors and end the story whenever but he just chooses not to.

• Thanks 1

GrapeVruit    601
10 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Her downside doesn't remain a downside at all as you get better with her and have practise. 

Y'know that applies to the rest of the other characters too, right? The more you play and get experience with a character, the more you learn to play around their downsides and how to utilize their perks effectively. Once you start to understand your character a lot more, things stop being challenging, as you have the experience to know what to expect. Generally speaking, doesn't this statement apply to the whole game too, since Don't Starve doesn't remain uncompromising when you keep playing it. 

• Like 4

Mx-Pain    425

I have not voted yet, however I'm pretty sure Walter is on top.

He have won previous polls so I know he' on 1#.

Edit: Pretend  to be shocked.

Edited by Mx-Pain
  • Like 1

Quackkyy    23
10 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Her downside doesn't remain a downside at all as you get better with her and have practise.

Isn't that just normal though? Of course her downside isn't that bad if you practice with her and are very good at the game. Just like every other character, if you're really good at managing her downside and practice a lot, the downside isn't very bad.

Also, to get her Wolfgang level damage with the alarming clock, you have to be at the equivalent of 37.5 health, AKA always within a couple hits from death to a boss. Combined with her long healing animation, and the fact you have to go to the ruins to get a good amount of her clocks, I think she's the most balanced and best designed character in the game right now. :wilson_wink:

I hope I don't sound rude, I'm just speaking from my experience.

Edited by Quackkyy
minor quoting mistake
  • Like 3

GelatinousCube    1311
2 hours ago, GrapeVruit said:

Y'know that applies to the rest of the other characters too, right? The more you play and get experience with a character, the more you learn to play around their downsides and how to utilize their perks effectively. Once you start to understand your character a lot more, things stop being challenging, as you have the experience to know what to expect. Generally speaking, doesn't this statement apply to the whole game too, since Don't Starve doesn't remain uncompromising when you keep playing it. 

I get what you're saying but given that you can literally turn her downside into a strength it's a bit of a different situation. She also has a ton of perks and some are ridiculously strong and somewhat trivialize aspects of the game. Time and inventory management are a joke when you can just teleport around the map at will and with no cost other than initial setup cost.

3 hours ago, Quackkyy said:

Isn't that just normal though? Of course her downside isn't that bad if you practice with her and are very good at the game. Just like every other character, if you're really good at managing her downside and practice a lot, the downside isn't very bad.

Also, to get her Wolfgang level damage with the alarming clock, you have to be at the equivalent of 37.5 health, AKA always within a couple hits from death to a boss. Combined with her long healing animation, and the fact you have to go to the ruins to get a good amount of her clocks, I think she's the most balanced and best designed character in the game right now. :wilson_wink:

Not rude at all.

My experience with her says otherwise though. You don't have to be at Wolfgang level for her to  still hit like a truck AND have a bunch of other crazy perks that are far better than any other characters as well.

Don't get me wrong I like her overall design and had the last several reworks provided pure buffs instead of new downsides and generally bringing other characters overall strength down I wouldn't mind her anywhere near as much.

To argue best designed is one thing and fair enough but c'mon seriously most balanced? She's in a tier of her own compared to everyone else yet other reworks have been reducing characters overall strength. She's not balanced in the slightest.

• Like 1

Catcoon-pop    212
On 4/27/2022 at 8:37 AM, 00petar00 said:

Its mostly because of lag but i dislike characters that are encouraged to have a lot of followers when 99% of servers can't handle that, so Webber.

If you have a Webber on the server and he has a large spider army, he accounts for 3-4 players with how many resources he drains from the server.

I also dislike spiders and i manage them on every world i plan to play for a longer period, i wait until spider dens become tier 3 and i go on massive killing spree and remove all the spider dens on the whole map and i just make my own managed spider farms.

Spiders spread like plague and the longer you wait the more of them are there and if there are Webber players they just speed the process up, try going 1000-2000 days without killing them and walk by so that spider queens spawn and expand and you'll see how difficult it would be to remove them.

as a webber main i never really thought about because i rarely play on other public servers and play alone most of the time, and when i do go into a public server, i never stay long enough  to even get a sizeable army. But i'll more considerate of this fact now when joining public servers :wilson_smile: 

• Big Ups 1

Mysterious box    1997
6 hours ago, Quackkyy said:

I have nothing against Wanda personally but she's definitely alot more stacked than the rest and I feel like people underestimate how much her old age hp can stretch with higher tier armors.

• Like 1

loopuleasa    1992
On 4/29/2022 at 9:33 PM, Left 4 Sharkbai said:

TIL a surprising number of people hate Webber.

I think the data in this thread is slightly biased since creator added those arrows towards webber. Unfortunate.

Still, I was very surprised to see people think Walter is worse than Wes.

Walter still has some good and underrated uses. I also recommend a cool series by Jazzy, where he actually played walter for a long playthrough.

Ever since then, I have been rushing beefalos on Walter and it completes him really well.

• Like 1

Mysterious box    1997
4 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

I think the data in this thread is slightly biased since creator added those arrows towards webber. Unfortunate.

Still, I was very surprised to see people think Walter is worse than Wes.

Walter still has some good and underrated uses. I also recommend a cool series by Jazzy, where he actually played walter for a long playthrough.

Ever since then, I have been rushing beefalos on Walter and it completes him really well.

I've been thinking this for awhile but I feel like most of hate from Walter comes from his slingshot and his sanity damage downside people always seem to try to beat around the bush on it but I'm willing to bet if 1 of or both of those were changed alot of the complaints against him would disappear.

GelatinousCube    1311
11 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I've been thinking this for awhile but I feel like most of hate from Walter comes from his slingshot and his sanity damage downside people always seem to try to beat around the bush on it but I'm willing to bet if 1 of or both of those were changed alot of the complaints against him would disappear.

I personally don't mind the slingshot too much and just use it for killing small animals and other niche situations rather than an actual proper combat tool against bosses etc. That being said last time I played him I absolutely ruined Deerclops with Lost Marbles with such ease. Certain slower bosses/giants like Deerclops, Treeguards etc the slingshot is incredibly powerful against but against most bosses or even mobs it is pretty awful. 

The sanity damage downside however is super rough. Basically get hit once and you're insane with a very short period. Its definitely the main reason I don't play him much at all. I'd much rather he just had some super minor sanity perk rather than ignoring sanity auras completely but becoming insane almost instantly when damaged. With how the slingshot and Woby works its just so easy to get hit that first time then everything can go downhill so quickly. 100% the main reason I don't play him often or for very long. 

I know being insane isn't the worst thing and you can farm shadow fuel that way etc but I personally only enjoy being insane when I want to be/am prepared. Anytime I'm hit and become insane as Walter it just always seems way worse then when I become insane with other characters for some reason, it always seems to be at the worst possible time or I always seem to instantly get two terrorbeaks.