Have you ever taken a break from the internet? For how long?

OMGkawaiiAngel

Have you ever taken a break from the internet?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever taken a break from the internet?

Hmmm, I haven't taken a break from the internet entirely. But I did dip from the main forum around 2020, I was a jerk back then and it took me a shameful long time to realize that

But I'm doing better now and I'm doing better on the internet in general, so I don't particularly mind the break

I want to break free. Every day that passes I feel like I am sinking into this reality where things accumulate and cannot be controlled or resolved, I am tired of technology but at the same time I need it to pay my bills since it is my source of income. I wish I could live on an island and sell seashells and forget about toasters.

However, I like to forget about my pc during sundays or saturdays, it helps :flustered: and sometimes I yell at my phone since it recommends me things I was talking about, I know Meta is spying me

I should, but I haven't. It's hard when modern society revolves around our electronics and staying connected at all times. Personally, I'm tired of having to care about issues that I can't do anything about or listen to the problems and feelings of people I don't know and it's my fault I keep doing it.

Validating, praising, learning, empathizing, etc. Being told that you have a duty to address major issues as part of a majority while also being told how little you really matter in the grand scheme. Seeing crime, corruption, and apathy on a near-constant basis with it being only a click away. Seeing people's constant opinions and feelings without filter. Meanwhile everything and everyone encourages more online interaction, more stressful media, apps, and subscriptions that drain you dry.

I had a theory that maybe we're not actually as depressed or anxious as we think we are, rather we don't have the capacity to de-stress because of how much our minds are invested in the online world and too many companies as well as therapists benefit off of this because of how much they can capitalize off of it. Seems that almost everyone is depressed, angry, and anxious nowadays but it's usually explained as just being more acceptable to talk about; although, what's one thing almost everyone is exposed to? The internet. Maybe I'm wrong, and I don't intend to downplay anyone's emotions or personal struggles; I myself suffer from terrible anxiety and subsequently depression but maybe I might also be onto something. I'll have to try cutting the internet out for a bit and see. Just gotta get myself there first.

Archived