Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Dextops

Venting thread 2 (pls don't die this time)

Recommended Posts

Hornete    16735
4 minutes ago, Dextops said:

talk to me when silk song comes out

Damn... didnt have to cut that deep dude...

sad-walk.gif.48dfbd8a2f51a1501288b668d503c5e5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sudoku    2359
On 5/1/2022 at 12:12 PM, Dextops said:

how could you not love "friend"

I have no friends

tumblr_lpmg3tDbQY1qamva6o1_500.jpg.a1f46839d8166cba989b716c2e8aede1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlVoid    9490
2 hours ago, Dextops said:

Talk to me when silk song comes out

Damn, devastating, hornet is obliterated, done, sent to the shadow realm, finito, beam me up Scotty, coping, seething, boiling, super sayin 3, bankai, Gomo Gomo, de-materialized, passed away, buried 6ft under, @yahoo.com instead of @google.com, ghosted, scorched, torched, banished, in recovery, no recovery, nope'd, this is Sparta, gone, disappeared, squashed, etc etc.

Why you gotta do him like that :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just-guy    3403

I'm slightly annoyed that Klei used "Enlightenment" instead of "Lunacy", I know it's synonym for insane but come on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    96334
7 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I'm slightly annoyed that Klein used "Enlightenment" instead of "Lunacy", I know it's synonym for insane but come on.

Still waiting for those unimplimented amoebas to be implimented. I like those twisted mimic concepts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    19491
8 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I'm slightly annoyed that Klein used "Enlightenment" instead of "Lunacy", I know it's synonym for insane but come on.

i guess is because they want to remark that the character is mad for having the head filled with knowledge but being called lunacy was the perfect name. Kinda curioys when that was the whole point of forbidden knowledge draining your sanity like ruins items

a reference to Lovecraft mythos where the characters become insane when they knew more than they could hold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ardcrumb    770
On 5/8/2022 at 1:39 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Snip

Enlightenment is the ant knowing what a circuit board does, sanity is trying to comprehend it in a way the ant understands 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    6186
On 5/7/2022 at 10:32 AM, Just-guy said:

I'm slightly annoyed that Klei used "Enlightenment" instead of "Lunacy", I know it's synonym for insane but come on.

It took me this long to realize that Enlightenment is also a pun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    6186
1 minute ago, UbiAnomaly said:

Explain.

shadows are shadows

moon is light

when we are graced with its power

we are

enlightened

 

...and those areas are usually suitably filled with light sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    19491
16 hours ago, Ardcrumb said:

Enlightenment is the ant knowing what a circuit board does, sanity is trying to comprehend it in a way the ant understands 

sanity is your mental health that is lost if you know the dark parts of reallity (represented in ds with reading codex umbra or using ruins items) or meet eldritch monsters with shapes that your brain cant hold (represented in ds with deerclops/fw/spiderqueen insanity aura)

enlightenment feels like the moon fill your brain with info and promises of knowledge until you go are overcharge of knowledge or ascend like bhuda in a trippy way rather than divine. For that you need to lower your sanity, you need to be crazy to limit your intellect so you cant reach that much knowledge that will overwhelm your mind

atleast is my understanding of both mechanics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dragonboooorn    922
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

sanity is your mental health that is lost if you know the dark parts of reallity (represented in ds with reading codex umbra or using ruins items) or meet eldritch monsters with shapes that your brain cant hold (represented in ds with deerclops/fw/spiderqueen insanity aura)

enlightenment feels like the moon fill your brain with info and promises of knowledge until you go are overcharge of knowledge or ascend like bhuda in a trippy way rather than divine. For that you need to lower your sanity, you need to be crazy to limit your intellect so you cant reach that much knowledge that will overwhelm your mind

atleast is my understanding of both mechanics

I believe lunar enlightment shows you new possabilities so terrifying, you unironcly start to go insane from such "enlightment" aha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dragonboooorn    922
5 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Enlightenment Wormwood should do something special.

I mean Wormwood is literally came from the moon but has no special feelings about it. Like there is no boundries. With all that changes that happend to the moon, I hoped Wormwood will change somehow too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CodexCorporis    1826

really only applies to me but i can't pitch this game to any of my closest friends, because they all had it ruined by one friend who was so horribly toxic and annoying over the game. shout out to you, buddy. you said dark swords were useless and magic was a stupid system but couldn't go to the ruins without cheats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALCRD    2815
31 minutes ago, NightfallsCurse said:

Anyone else realize that Webber has a (sorta?) spider shape on his forehead?

216324226_Screenshot2022-05-12165551.png.bf1114df76522e9503cc7d0e7a80707c.png

That was the first thing i noticed about Webber.

It even sort of mimics Webbers ingame expressions too. (even tries to "smile")

It makes sense Webber is 2 for 1 lore wise (fun fact: even drops 2 souls ingame when killed near Wortox)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOT Tuja    212
8 hours ago, NightfallsCurse said:

Anyone else realize that Webber has a (sorta?) spider shape on his forehead?

regular spiders have that too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waoling    1233

We will never know the backstory of the single player characters unless Klei decide to port them to DST or make them a NPC in DST, which very unlikely, but I really wish Klei do that since I love all 5 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it that whenever I fight Crab King and use more than a measly 2 hand items, my inventory scrambles apart like a blender and he heals 6853895327 HP while my boat explodes because I didn't react to the ice staff's 5000th new slot in 5 nanoseconds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    19491
2 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Why is it that whenever I fight Crab King and use more than a measly 2 hand items, my inventory scrambles apart like a blender and he heals 6853895327 HP while my boat explodes because I didn't react to the ice staff's 5000th new slot in 5 nanoseconds?

how are you organizing your inventory? if you, let say, put your weapon in your hand, WP in slot 1 and ice staff in slot 2 they shouldnt do weird things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waoling    1233

Why can't Woodie eat wood, rock, grass, dust, and fur in he regular form? Why can't Wormwood eat turf? why can't Wurt also eat Dust? And Why can't anyone eat ambosia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites