Hornete

How to die from pulling out (health) circuits as Wx-78!

Recommended Posts

Cheggf    8630

Does anything else deal decimal damage? Maybe fire, damage over time like starving, or attacks from enemies after damage reductions from armor or garlic? Could this hypothetically happen without you going out of your way to do it it you pulled out a hardy circuit while the HUD says you have 1 health if you were exceptionally unlucky?

Edited by Cheggf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CameoAppearance    2994
21 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Does anything else deal decimal damage? Maybe fire, damage over time like starving, or attacks from enemies after damage reductions from armor or garlic? Could this hypothetically happen without you going out of your way to do it it you pulled out a hardy circuit while the HUD says you have 1 health if you were exceptionally unlucky?

Several weapons players can wield do decimal damage; most only go to one decimal place, a few go to two, but a decaying Ham Bat can go up to three. Freezing and starving do damage at the same rate, 1.25 health per second, so I don't think they could do it by themselves. There's also damage modifiers and healing modifiers to consider, like from Warly's food or Wigfrid's passive perks. Being in a PvP world would probably make it easier for this to happen naturally though, if you'd survived getting hit with a partially rotten hambat earlier that day or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    15561
46 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Does anything else deal decimal damage? Maybe fire, damage over time like starving, or attacks from enemies after damage reductions from armor or garlic? Could this hypothetically happen without you going out of your way to do it it you pulled out a hardy circuit while the HUD says you have 1 health if you were exceptionally unlucky?

As I said, yep! It could theoretically happen to you in normal play, practically it'll almost never happen but it could happen. Starving deals 1.25 damage every 1 second, temperature damage(freezing/overheating) deals the same amount of damage but it instead of doing it only every second like starving it does it every single frame which totals 1.25 damage every second, that's a good part of the game where health goes far into the decimals for hp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    18252
10 hours ago, Hornete said:

As I said, yep! It could theoretically happen to you in normal play, practically it'll almost never happen but it could happen. Starving deals 1.25 damage every 1 second, temperature damage(freezing/overheating) deals the same amount of damage but it instead of doing it only every second like starving it does it every single frame which totals 1.25 damage every second, that's a good part of the game where health goes far into the decimals for hp.

offtopic but i would love a setting to increase that number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hhh2    1098
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

offtopic but i would love a setting to increase that number

a setting to increase starving/freezing damage? I think you can change the TUNING.STAVE_KILL_TIME, TUNING.REEZING_KILL_TIME to do that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vorti    185
On 4/20/2022 at 11:17 PM, Hornete said:

Oh, and for your death message? It will be listed as "Shenanigans"!

Thanks, I love it, I'm always in for some shenanigans.

Edit: I guess it no longer works with 125 max hp. So... new idea! Empathy circuit! Effect: destroys your sanity. When pulled out: death by shenanigans.

Edited by vorti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now