Ohan

Merm King loot table: shouldn’t trinkets be replaced now?

HowlVoid    8689

I'd like tentacles spikes, poultices and healing salves.

Made of crafting materials you'd find in the swamp.

Poultices also would reduce the competition for reeds so Wurt can use them for her merm homes. Maybe there's a Wormwood that wants those reeds for healing :p.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 3

ALCRD    2705

I don't mind the trinkets because he has a chance to drop Bent Spork which is what i use for sea fishing most of the time.

It's a very effective lure and super easy to get as Wurt. 

And now that Sea Fishing matters for Wurt even more nah leave the trinkets in his drop table or at least the spork.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3

321bwa    56

I'm all for the chance of Swamp/Ocean related stuff instead of trinkets (have a chance to drop Bent Spork instead of flat removing all trinkets). Accessing Ocean related content while inland would be awesome.

• Like 2

ALCRD    2705
Just now, Nickolai said:

You guys are forgetting about the rubber bung.:cry:

Yes addd it to Merm King's loot pool so the Bent Spork doesn't feel lonely.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ALCRD    2705
10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I dunno I think they’re kinda cute and make for superb base decorations..

not everything HAS to have a use: Just ask these little guys-

8409593F-6E9E-48FC-9D72-B1AFB1A2154B.thumb.jpeg.bce7c089d25c40d3f8d25b11e041e3d3.jpeg

Oh what are these called and how do i get them? :>

As much as i hate Beefalos these figurines look fancy.

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    18457
1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

Oh what are these called and how do i get them? :>

As much as i hate Beefalos these figurines look fancy.

by playing in a world with year of the beefalo event turned on, there is a beauty conquest where you get ingredients to sew them in a sewing machine that which recipe is unlock during the event

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

HowlVoid    8689
2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I dunno I think they’re kinda cute and make for superb base decorations..

not everything HAS to have a use: Just ask these little guys-

8409593F-6E9E-48FC-9D72-B1AFB1A2154B.thumb.jpeg.bce7c089d25c40d3f8d25b11e041e3d3.jpeg

What do those have to do to with the trinkets that Merm King drops????

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vasz_    60
4 hours ago, Ohan said:

I would like to see the trinkets be replaced by more interesting things that are actually useful to Wurt.

This 100%

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Mike23Ua    14607
2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

What do those have to do to with the trinkets that Merm King drops????

It’s an example of something that doesn’t have to have a use? 

Trinkets can still be given to other players that they can give to Pig King for Gold, and I think there is a story there: such as the Pig Kings favorite Toys could unknowingly be coming from the very Swamp Monsters pigs are at war with..?

Perhaps Merms even “invaded” a few pig homes and stole their toys and gadgets, but because Merms aren’t good at home repairs the houses ran down and became leaky shacks overtime.

If Trinkets absolutely had to have a use for Wurt then the easiest thing to do with them would be giving them to Merms to increase their Loyality/Followership.

But personally? I’m fine with them remaining to be mostly useless just like Summers Cawnival Decorations, Or the Halloween Candy Wigfrid won’t Eat and without another player.. it just sits scattered at PK”s feet.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

Mysterious box    2043
37 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Or if Batman's batarangs were replaced with party balloons that flew immediately into the sky as soon as you released them? 

Batman is Wes confirmed.

43 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Perhaps Merms even “invaded” a few pig homes and stole their toys and gadgets, but because Merms aren’t good at home repairs the houses ran down and became leaky shacks overtime.

Slander Florp. Also if I remember right it's said pig king and his followers came from elsewhere and merms were here beforehand.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Trevindo    89

- I would like King Merm to give salt instead of toys as the demand for gold has already been resolved with the update.

- I would like more items that use tentacle skin, such as helmets, weapons, etc.

- I would like a profession system for mobs like merm and pigs (Example: Lumberjack, Lake Fisherman, Grass and Twig Collector) and that could define the profession of each one by the helmet you put on it.

- A 1% chance for the merm king to give the trident recipe in exchange for a fish.

- King merm now accepts swapping cornfish and popcorn fish instead of eating them.

- King merm now also has a chance to give pomegranate seeds.

- Merm are naturally aggressive towards dogs when the merm king is alive.

• Thanks 2

Ohan    4562
46 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Trinkets technically can be traded to Antlion for desert stones, but problem is lazy deserter itself needs rework, so I get your point. I like an idea with swamp-related items, (…)

There also should be a way to do something useful with large amount of frazzled wires as well, since right now they are useless for Wurt, but keep accumulating with every ruins clearing unless non-Wurt player helps/one switches Wurt for somebody else.

Yes that is true and they delay her attack too. But so do eggs and frazzled wires which both pile up as wurt like u mentioned. It comes down to if trinkets from MK are useful enough in multiplayer settings to justify them being in his loot table. Spork and rubber bung should probably stay but the use cases of all the other trinkets just seem too fringe to warrant them clogging up the loot table. If they were replaced with cookie shells which was my first thought it would mean Wurt could farm armor material through the king not only for herself but also her guards which sounds way more rewarding. 

but MK specific seeds loot table should be adjusted as well, so one could bring specific resource to trade for one type of seeds with decent chance to get it. At least then that way to start a farm could compete with general method of obtaining specific seeds from planting a lot of random ones.

yeah not being completely at the mercy of RNG for some rewards would be nice like Yaarctopus. 

(i thought id bring these two points here since they fit this thread better)

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 2

sudoku    2165

i like the idea of the Merm King giving stuff to incentivize going out to sea. Things like salt and cookie cutter caps kind of contradicts that notion.

Making him more like the yaarctopus and giving you stuff that speeds up the prep and keeps you sailing is what id like to see. Things like lures and floats, maybe boat patches. You dont want to replace ocean resources just give you items that help you get them faster.

Edited by sudoku

Ohan    4562
19 minutes ago, sudoku said:

i like the idea of the Merm King giving stuff to incentivize going out to sea. Things like salt and cookie cutter caps kind of contradicts that notion.

You dont want to replace ocean resources just give you items that help you get them faster.

He already gives kelp though and u have to go sailing before u can even make his carpet. I dont think the incentive to go sailing needs to be in the reward because he already gives that incentive by requiring ocean fish for gold. 

19 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Things lures and floats

My issue with this is that we already have Pearl for this. Two different NPC trading fishing equipment seems redundant.

MK already gives the spork and bung trinket which can function like lure and floater and they should probably stay in his loot table. Unlike all the other trinkets. 

When it comes to boat patches as a possible reward, i remember someone suggesting the rubber bung trinket should be able to plug boat leaks :lol: i really liked that idea and would be nice for Wurt. 

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 2