ADM

Some relatively big changes to improve WX's refresh considerably

Yoyo_Dodo    16

In fact, I was thinking exactly the same thing about the limitation of the 6 slots of the electrical charge meter, and I also came to the conclusion of taking advantage of the gears to increase it. Unfortunately, it would no longer be possible to recreate the same intensity of the overloaded system with the number of circuits it requires, but it would be nice if the slots could be increased. I thought that it could be increased, I don't know, for example 2 gears for every 1 new slot, having a maximum limit of 10 permanent slots (6 default + 4 new). and in the case that WX78 dies, a percentage of the gears consumed will be dropped, and the electrical charge meter will return to 6 slots upon revival.

PS, I did love the harmonious sound of the overloaded system.

Edited by Yoyo_Dodo
  • Wavey 1

Frogzard    92

I would go a step further and say we need to be able to choose specifically which circuit we want to remove. I don't really understand what the purpose is of having to remove all of them. If the logic was that they didn't want it to be easy to just put in a circuit and never have to remove it and keep its durability at 100%, then the limited amount of prong space already achieves that by giving an incentive to swap circuits in and out.

As for your comparison with old WX, I never really played old WX so do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall there was no way to make yourself consistently/permanently overcharged. The only ways I know of to summon lightning are using a touch stone and maybe Telelocater staff spam (neither of which are viable to keep overcharge uptime near constant.)I know you didn't make too fine a point on this, but if that's the case then I don't think it's fair to compare the current maximal stat boost with that of an overcharged old WX.

Also, I think that clockwork aggro is fine the way it is. If they were completely neutral to WX, that'd make ruins exploration way too easy. It's already a lot easier now the way it is.

Edited by Frogzard
  • Like 3

Curly Bill    5

Was thinking of complaining about the accelerator lvl 2 being too good, but wasnt aware of how WX's old overcharge did give 50% speed. Part of me wishes each accelerator lv2 did only 15% each, or make it so it is 25% but it takes up 3. Perhaps it's fine the way it is, but knowing how speed is in this game, i do feel like it alone is really powerful.

The drone circuit and the music box circuit i feel could be a bit better in some way. maybe increase the output but require more slots, as right now, a lot of people dont seem to see any use in it.

Not sure if this is a thing or not, but does two music circuits also make enough noise to speak to all nearby planted crops? because that would actually be pretty useful when you want to circuit up for farming or base construct activities; i feel the music box would have more versatility then.

• Like 1

FourthLess    288
7 hours ago, ADM said:

Changing clockworks to be neutral to their fellow robot would be just great, but we could have more and make WX able to offer them gears for healing and turn them into followers, practically the same is possible from the ruins junks

Anything sounds cool and fine except this. I would take anything other WX being a minion character. 

Edited by FourthLess
  • Like 1

loopuleasa    1992

that's... a long post

keep in mind when adding reworks they need to be kept as simple as possible since real noob players have to start comprehending the changes

ease of understanding has to be part of the design

ADM    11443
10 hours ago, Frogzard said:

I would go a step further and say we need to be able to choose specifically which circuit we want to remove. I don't really understand what the purpose is of having to remove all of them. If the logic was that they didn't want it to be easy to just put in a circuit and never have to remove it and keep its durability at 100%, then the limited amount of prong space already achieves that by giving an incentive to swap circuits in and out.

That would be even better but I suggested this approach as it would be simpler to go remove things by indexing order than select them between the different game platforms and playability (controller vs mouse vs keyboard), but if that be done fast for anyone while making it selectable, yeah why not. :distracted:

9 hours ago, sudoku said:

I think its fine as is right now? I like that you dont just scan a mob once insert the circuit and then never think about it again. Instead its spread out over the course of your gameplay, so you spend time scanning for the circuits you want, equip the one you want in the moment, switch out to another circuit in a different situation, lose durability, eventually you will need to venture out and rescan again. 

For the most, yeah I think it's one of the most successful rework but it feels less permissive in term of interesting plays than what we got with other reworks by far, I've really tried to keep the base untouched as it seems solid, both the prototyping and upgrading, and look to help allow more from that.

5 hours ago, Curly Bill said:

Not sure if this is a thing or not, but does two music circuits also make enough noise to speak to all nearby planted crops?

The range of the chorusbox circuit is identical to the One-man-band, regardless if you have one or two  :encouragement: I made this topic before posting these suggestions so the circuit effects would be known in case I was referring to them, which I didn't really needed to in the end except for a couple.

3 hours ago, FourthLess said:

I would take anything other WX being a minion character. 

Totally agreed, but I should have developed a bit more that part probably because that isn't what I was looking for, rather something to help control these rare mobs. I think I rarely managed to keep more than a single rook, bishop and knight at the surface in lategame because they get killed by their terrible spawn locations, surrounding mobs or get their pretty setpieces smashed up by the rooks as I need to pass by juuust a little too close to pick up something. But yeah I wouldn't want WX-78 to be using them for combat since I wouldn't even risk loosing them to start with (also if you compare to the ones in caves, they'd be too dangerous as they attack other followers and players), what I want is better solution to keep them alive by healing and move them to safer space without using odd behaviours. I think that could be done by enabling this change just to surface one, anyway they aren't any rare in caves. :)

3 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

that's... a long post

I make long posts as I'm used to people getting you wrong at the first occasion, which I don't mind, but I really feel sorry for them so I prefer going over things step by step and help understand. Also I believe I make my posts construction enjoyable, but you had a short version at the end as you should expect it too when it has that many points.

• Health 1

Theukon-dos    4021
9 hours ago, sudoku said:

I think its fine as is right now? I like that you dont just scan a mob once insert the circuit and then never think about it again. Instead its spread out over the course of your gameplay, so you spend time scanning for the circuits you want, equip the one you want in the moment, switch out to another circuit in a different situation, lose durability, eventually you will need to venture out and rescan again. 

Why is scan once and being able to equip most of the good circuits with no real choice or sacrifice good design?

Unless I missed something obvious, that ain't how it works.

Scanning proper creatures prototypes the associated circuit, at which point any Bio-data can be used to craft them. And sense creatures can be scanned once a day, you can easily have an easily-scanned creature or two in pens by your base and build up a surplus of biodata. Such as Moleworms or Voltgoats.

• Like 1

sudoku    2129
16 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Unless I missed something obvious, that ain't how it works.

Scanning proper creatures prototypes the associated circuit, at which point any Bio-data can be used to craft them. And sense creatures can be scanned once a day, you can easily have an easily-scanned creature or two in pens by your base and build up a surplus of biodata. Such as Moleworms or Voltgoats.

I dont have access to the beta, i just assumed you had to rescan the correct mob to recraft. 

If thats not how it works and u can just pen a beefalo then im disappointed. Klei comes up with mechanics to encourgae travel and exploration then always gimps themselves by letting you plant the resource at your base. Oh well.