ovidiu25    4

It will be great for DLC 2 or future oni2 to have some type of world invasion type of DLC where you get attacked by some bugs/enemys on your home planet and you defend yourself and attack other planets killing and force colonizing other places. It will be just great to send hero dupes out there in space to fight not knowing if they will ever return home ... :)

What are your ideas?

• Like 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

Spoonwood    34

It's an interesting idea.

I wouldn't want it to change the already existing game.  A special asteroid for that maybe.

Also, such might be laggy. 

Perhaps it's best suited to a mod.

• Like 1

Sasza22    4075
On 4/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, bolt-007 said:

Completely change the physics of the game.

1. Mechanical energy. the ability to push some buildings, liquids and gases.

2. Rework the concept of pressure. So that gases with high pressure move gas with low pressure.

3. Construction of the piston type (High-pressure gas will push the piston) when mechanical energy is supplied, the piston will push the gas.

4. Fire. burn fuel to get the temperature in the world (not in the building)

5. Temperature dependence on gas pressure. The more we compress the gas, the higher its temperature and vice versa. (will allow you to make real refrigerators)

These changes will completely reboot the game.

1. It will be possible to make refrigerators

2. It will be possible to make internal combustion engines.

3. it will be possible to make real turbines.

4. It will be possible to make melting furnaces.

I`d like to see a game that works like this but the amount of changes the game would need for all that to work sounds more like ONI2 than DLC2. But if it was possible it would really be a cool game. Maybe even as a separate physics simulation game.

• Like 1

ZombieDupe    467

I would rather not. It's not what the core gameplay of this game really is. There are games that tackle combat like this already. A better way I think would be as a feature to have more hostile critters that are present on planetoids as is. Probably some ways you could make existing critters more hostile depending on for example if they are fed or not. Heck, make morb infestation more of a thing somehow, make them release tons of slimelung when killed and latch on to dupes to release tons of slimelung, if the disease becomes more deadly it would be a potential nightmare to deal with, but fun! Maybe a mutation of them that releases zombie spores and can latch on to duplicants' heads and if not wearing a suit could turn them into zombies? Beetas were supposed to be dangerous if not asleep but now they are passive if your duplicants are wearing suits? You will usually tackle them in suits anyway so it really removes any potential danger to begin with. It would be like if lead suits provided you with 100% radiation protection and you basically never had to pay attention to it.

Edited by ZombieDupe
  • Like 2

Mesaryb    1

I apologize for my bad English.

These are my ideas about new DLC.

Duplicates should become mortal, and their spawn can be automated.
Printing pod should be able to print duplicates automatically, and it should have the opportunity to choose desired duplicates amount, their specializations.

Receiving abilities and improving attributes.
Add classrooms. In them, duplicates should learn new skills and improve their attributes. Reduce or remove attributes improvement from performing work.

UI.
In those places of the interface where specific duplicates need to be specified (Schedule, Rocket Crew, etc) should be chosen group of duplicates. These groups should be configured in the printer pod. The group should contain the desired parameters of new duplicates, and printed duplicates should be automatically assigned to the groups for which they were printed.

• Like 1

LaShomb    45

I just want a mechanism for upgrading and customizing existing buildings. Upgrades as simple as improving power consumption or out-of-the-box as upgrading toilets to collect the natural gas from flatulent dupes before they release it into the environment. Could be a weird system like dupes shrinking down and entering buildings to rework their micro-components using special micro resources. Could be as simple as finding special blueprints for upgrades that require rare resources.

• Like 1

solo6490    49

1. I want more Dupe customization like outfits that can provide certain buffs (or debuffs for a tradeoff) or cyborg parts. WE ARE BORG!

2. More end game goals. I rarely have any reason to go to more than one or two planets. A world with super aggressive creatures that is a real challenge to tame and colonize. 

3. Energy dumps of some kind...material synthesizer maybe.

4. A new game+ system of some kind (carry over my three best dupes from my last colony if I send them through the temporal tear)

5. Fire, and combustion I want to blow stuff up.

6. Automated Rockets of some kind especially for harvest missions. I feel like the current system is a waste of frames. Colony ships will still be needed for new plants. Maybe a remote control system that requires a relay network or work.  

7. Space/Relay Stations

8. New geysers that require out of the box thinking to tame. (hot sour gas geyser) 

9. Plant mutations need some work, I dont like how they require radiation to grow its the main reason I dont use them. (to get the seeds its ok and them not producing their own seeds is fine)

10. Repeatable research of some kind, need more use for my science dupes in late game.

11. Events or timed missions for the end game with rewards for doing so. Could come from the printing pod

12. More use for enriched uranium, like building a nuke to break through the crust of a late game planet. or to irradiate a large area for like 100 cycles.

13. More rocket harvest destinations or the ability to convert them for a large price (again nukes) or another use for the temporal tear opener after you open the tear.  

14. Small random dupe stories not player controlled (like dupe x has been elected leader of colony B and gets a small buff for 25 cycles)

15. Let me cause a supernova or black hole and destroy everything. 

16. A reason to sacrifice dupes in different ways, the better dupe the better the payout. (Joe vs the Volcano 1990) make it an achievement too. 

17. A little cross over with Don't Starve would be cool (special dupes and what not).

18. Ghost dupes when they die and haunt the colony for a little bit or until you put them in a grave. Normal dupes will run away from them and obviously wont get chores done as fast.

19. Fall damage for dupes (can even die if they fall from to high)

20. More water critters like electric eels or sharks that can hurt dupes.

Duck986    2841
On 4/11/2022 at 7:13 AM, ovidiu25 said:

It will be great for DLC 2 or future oni2 to have some type of world invasion type of DLC where you get attacked by some bugs/enemys on your home planet and you defend yourself 

No, no-no-no-no-no-no, I don't want like in Rimworld, where a single infestation can devastate your entire colony. ONI was not developed for that, it's a 2D game, not 2.5D like don't starve and rimworld, and it doesn't have "valid space" (?) for sentries and stuff.

Le0n1des    48

I think of several new mechanics to branch off the underused doctoring profession:

1. Rework the phobias to produce massive stress upon doing the related task, and hide the exact phobia triggered... Some sessions with a Psychiatrist are needed to figure out the exact phobia, and maybe even cure it by shock therapy (by enabling only the phobia related task, and managing the stress outbreaks)

2. A Genetics expert could liquefy creatures into tonics to be administered to dupes for a timed buf - for instance a cycle of "mole hands" for sacrificing a Vole, "glow stick" for a Shine Bug, "rad eater" for a Beta and so on

On 4/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, ovidiu25 said:

It will be great for DLC 2 or future oni2 to have some type of world invasion type of DLC where you get attacked by some bugs/enemys on your home planet and you defend yourself and attack other planets killing and force colonizing other places. It will be just great to send hero dupes out there in space to fight not knowing if they will ever return home ... :)

What are your ideas?

I can't keep my multibase running and you expect that someone came and attack me ? 

BezKa    4733

A DLC would have to add something entirely new or rework completely a section of the game, the way SO changes space travel at it's core. 

I wonder what parts of the game could be reworked. First coming to mind are vents geysers and volcanoes, but i don't know how. 

Also makes me think about evolution, and the way critter morphs work. That'd be interesting to see re imagined. 

Or a automation overhaul? With tons of new functions and multifunction sockets for buildings that can make them more controllable (like selecting specific materials to be made, etc.) 

Disease expansion, with mutating viruses and stuff (or is that too soon?)

Or add something completely new. I'm not creative enough to speculate what though. 

goboking    2288
1 hour ago, BezKa said:

I wonder what parts of the game could be reworked.

Assuming multiplayer is off the table, I think combat, diplomacy, combustion, chemistry, robotics, and time travel are the game-changing mechanics they could tap into.  Some of these fit into ONI's design better than others.  Diseases need an overhaul, but I'm not sure there's enough there to warrant an expansion.  They could have (and I'll argue should have) saved radiation for a standalone expansion rather than packing it into Spaced Out.

Addendum:  If diseases rework Zombie Spores to actually turn dupes into zombies, then I could see a medical expansion with elements of combat/defense being sufficient enough to warrant its own expansion.  Whether or not the community would welcome such an expansion is another matter.

Edited by goboking