Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

SomeRandomFinn

The "Super sustainable" achievement and the coal generator on the second (teleport) planet

Dupes can automatically fill/fire up the coal generator on the second (teleport) planet. This fails the Super Sustainable achievement.

Two suggestions related to this:

1) The description for Super Sustainable is a bit misleading. It currently says "Never built a coal generator." But using a pre-built coal generator fails the challenge. A small addition to the description might be helpful: Never built or used a coal generator."

2) A way to avoid accidentally having players fail the challenge would be to have pre-built coal generators start disabled.

pether    1439

I suspect after that there will be more cases when players complain about POI generator not working than achievement not achieved currently.

Can't you just leave it behind natural tiles to prevent any coal deliveries?

4 minutes ago, pether said:

I suspect after that there will be more cases when players complain about POI generator not working than achievement not achieved currently.

Can't you just leave it behind natural tiles to prevent any coal deliveries?

I agree that starting disabled can be confusing and might not be worth the risk or confusion. (There is an icon for disabled buildings, though.)

As for leaving it uncovered, I wasn't specifically trying to digit out - it was on the way to digging my way to the transport buildings. Suddenly I noticed that Nails had put coal in it, which reminded me of the super sutainable achievement. Had I not been following that asteroid I would have failed the achievement without even realizing it.

Sasza22    4091

The easiest fix the devs could make is disconnecting the wires. With no batteries or consumers attached the dupes won`t deliver coal until you connect the generator to your powerline.

Spoonwood    37

Also, there can be reason to go to the second planetoid to get the super sustainable achievement in a meaningful manner (not just making power... using it too!).  Two come to mind:

1. It can have a big water source like a saltwater geyser.  Electrolyze that with a suitable SPOM, and it's power positive, and you have hydrogen power for other projects.  A SPOM without oxygen pumps in the vacuum of space could be one example.

2. There might be crude oil at home which you don't have at home.  Metal refinery-steam turbine heating and cooling loops, of which there exist several varieties one here shown in FJ's video, recover some of the power used of the metal refinery in making refined metal in some cases and in some other cases are power positive overall.

3. There might be magma there for a geothermal plant, which isn't accessible on the first asteroid.

4. Oh yea... hydrogen vents exist on the 2nd asteroid too sometimes, correct?