RoughCactus69

Everyone Asking For The Old Crafting System

EsaiXD    1135

The Ui is still going through growing pains.  Though people are going to hate it They are allowed to hate it
I personally hate it
but I have a mod that changes it its the best I can do to make it better for myself

KLei needs to still work on the change though because there are players that can't change it via modding.
So they need to make it work best for those players.
This Ui is going to get more changes as time goes on. maybe for the next couple weeks while the masses gets to fully test it.

• Like 3

Blunty_x    253

I wasn't even aware there was alot of hate towards the new system. Overall I'm okay with it, I'm sure they'll tweak it..just need new muscle memory for it is all

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ALCRD    2616
56 minutes ago, Blunty_x said:

I wasn't even aware there was alot of hate towards the new system. Overall I'm okay with it, I'm sure they'll tweak it..just need new muscle memory for it is all

Neither. I only seen like small handful of posts criticizing it on both Steam and Klei forums.

And even then i seen some people who hated it at first admitting it wasn't actually that bad/better after the changes it went through.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

I'm surprised some people had trouble adapting to the new menu. I could craft things at the same speed as previously right out of the get go.

Console players are the majority of who is upset. From what I noticed. 

Seero    1402
13 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Neither. I only seen like small handful of posts criticizing it on both Steam and Klei forums.

And even then i seen some people who hated it at first admitting it wasn't actually that bad/better after the changes it went through.

You like hellsing?

Cheggf    8628
3 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Not everyone. Some. Yes, is a pretty consistent "some", but still a minority.

I think the title is addressing them. "[To] Everyone Asking For The Old Crafting System".

• Like 1

PeiperPires    218

The only thing I dislike is the new filters. I don't really like how itens show up in more than one filter. I would like it better if the filters worked like the old tabs, but i understand why they are like that.

• Like 3

Cloakingsumo198    2046

I don't like how when you're pinning items it moves your cursor over to the pinned tab instead of staying in place.

So if you want to pin multiple items from one tab you have to keep moving back into the crafting tab because you're forced to the bottom of the "pinned" tab.

Also when you're in the "pinned" tab portion of the crafting menu you can't reenter the normal portion without scrolling all the way to the top of your pinned items where it's near the other tabs.

Enless the crafting tab is full to the brim moving from the "pinned" portion and then moving back into the "crafting" portion is awkward.

These are controller issues btw.

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

you can move left/right on the controller if your on the far left of your inventory and tap left again it now moves you far right and Vice versa..

Hey Mike I know you play console too has this been added to consoles yet?  From what I've tried I haven't been able to... funny how pc gets better controller compatibility eh?

Edited by Cloakingsumo198
  • Like 1

Mike23Ua    14506
11 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Hey Mike I know you play console too has this been added to consoles yet?  From what I've tried I haven't been able to... funny how pc gets better controller compatibility eh?

Console version is always several hotfixes behind PC Version, this is no fault of Klei’s and is strictly a result of Sony & Microsoft’s lengthy certification process. But when the feature goes live on console it will be mentioned within the console patch notes found here:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst_ps4/

or Here:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst_xboxone/

The most recent one is here:

It’ll likely go live in the “next” game update build for consoles.

• Thanks 1

Cheggf    8628
5 hours ago, PeiperPires said:

The only thing I dislike is the new filters. I don't really like how itens show up in more than one filter. I would like it better if the filters worked like the old tabs, but i understand why they are like that.

I used to think that but then I realized I was just thinking that for no reason. Are you able to properly put into words why it's worse that the items appear in multiple categories? When I thought about it like that I was unable to come up with a good answer and now I like that they appear in more than one tab. I see that it's very useful for finding items, especially seasonal ones.

• Like 1

PeiperPires    218
28 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I used to think that but then I realized I was just thinking that for no reason. Are you able to properly put into words why it's worse that the items appear in multiple categories? When I thought about it like that I was unable to come up with a good answer and now I like that they appear in more than one tab. I see that it's very useful for finding items, especially seasonal ones.

I have a thing with organization, and I'm already used to the items in the game, so seeing them in multiple filters kinda triggers me. It's mostly personal opinion tho. I loved the new crafting the first time the beta went up, it was instant adaptation, but I can't quite put my head around the fact that now each item is not tied to just one single filter. Some itens in some filters feel like a bit of a stretch, and that bothers me more that it should.

• Like 2

minespatch    95564
12 minutes ago, RAFAEL-Y said:

everyone? No, I like the new crafting system.

The favorite, pages, and search bar are duly needed for the mass amount of recipes.127783363_smithwoozy.png.03217d23ad7c5b1a52811007c377c77e.png

Cheggf    8628
1 hour ago, PeiperPires said:

I have a thing with organization, and I'm already used to the items in the game, so seeing them in multiple filters kinda triggers me. It's mostly personal opinion tho. I loved the new crafting the first time the beta went up, it was instant adaptation, but I can't quite put my head around the fact that now each item is not tied to just one single filter. Some itens in some filters feel like a bit of a stretch, and that bothers me more that it should.

That's the same answer I came up with. I realized that there wasn't actually anything wrong with it and it was just weird because it was so different.

Some items in certain filters are only there because they technically accomplish the category's requirement, but if those weren't included then it would have to be subjective on what goes where and that would cause all sorts of arguments. All items included in the categories are at least a little helpful in what they're categorized in, and sometimes that little bit can be the push you need (such as the umbrella plus absolutely anything else).

• Like 1

QuartzBeam    8082
6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Talk about Character Development :P

• Haha 2

GodIess    237
On 4/4/2022 at 8:01 AM, Cheggf said:

it’s just that before all the items were only in 1 tab and you knew exactly where to look for, and now, you open the tab, you see this item and get a little lost because you saw it in another and you have to go through the tabs in search of what you need, for example, the same backpack I would not have thought that it could be in clothes, but he is there

• Like 1

Cheggf    8628
2 minutes ago, Maksym.12 said:

it’s just that before all the items were only in 1 tab and you knew exactly where to look for, and now, you open the tab, you see this item and get a little lost because you saw it in another and you have to go through the tabs in search of what you need, for example, the same backpack I would not have thought that it could be in clothes, but he is there

Why does that make you get lost? And why do you need to go search through the other tabs just to see every place it is? You only need to find it once.

• Like 1