JoeW

DST is Coming to Nintendo Switch April 12th +More!

Cap0319    16
25 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Since the launch of Don't Starve Together we have been building resources for our players to be able to get cool item skins in lots of different ways. Soon, players will be able to share these skins across participating platforms. 

Can't wait to have this! One of the main factors which discouraged my switch to platforms was my skins as I like making nice looking bases, but now I see no reason as to not play on both! I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

Lemsip    8

You say it's not ready yet for playstation but does it go the other way? ie I mainly play on ps4 but plan to switch to switch when it comes out will the skins I have on my ps4 be available on switch? 

This is amazing if true 

Mike23Ua    14563

Actually I do have a question or two now that I think about it.. & out of curtesy to MrJoeW I’m going to spoiler tag this so if it’s too far off-topic it’s not too disruptive.

Spoiler

I have a question about the Xbox Series X/S though (you don’t have to answer this if your not yet ready to reveal or if you have no plans for the next gen platforms)

See I’m running into a MASSIVE problem with X/S games, some of them upgrade to X/S versions but are no longer compatible with playing with my friends who can’t afford a Series X/S

Some games do let you play Cross Console, such as Rogue Company, Fortnite & Apex Legends, while others DO NOT such as Watchdogs Legions and GTA Online.

Im not saying there ever will be but IF a X/S version of DST were to be made- would it still be able to share my skins across the above mentioned platforms?

Currently I play DST on my Series S because it’s playing the Xbox One version of the game via, Backwards compatibility.

But on XBOX (and this is exclusively an Xbox Problem) when a game gets updated to X/S version unless this game is sold separately by itself, it is updated through an Xbox feature called “Smart Delivery” 

When this happens: Games that used to be Xbox One games become Series X/S enhanced, and some of them no longer play on your external HD and must be installed to the internal HD to play: It’s a coin toss on which ones can still be played with your friends on last Gen & which ones can’t.

Please Klei I’d love any information your ready & willing to share on this. Also out of curtesy of everyone because it could possibly be seen as Off-Topic I will spoiler tag this. I just need to know that when/if DST goes to X/S will I still be able to use my characters, skins & play with Xbox One friends?

Edited by Mike23Ua

BezKa    4734

As a filthy PC only user I'm happy for all people that use multiple platforms :D

• Like 4

Sindex    166

Weirdly enough I was getting the steam deck just because of limitations of not sharing skins on different accounts. Even after the announcement of DS:T coming to the switch.  However this is just a bonus how I see it.  Really can't thank you enough Klei.

OMGkawaiiAngel    5822

Hmm will it like give you a seperate code/second copy to gift your friend like it does on Steam when you buy it? Maybe I'm gonna push my friendboy hard enough to buy it then.

Pinkamena11FazP    1156

How will Nintendo online effect the game? As due to Nintendo forcing a Subscription to play online it'd pretty much kill the whole "Together" part of Don't starve Together, you won't be able do do the best part of the game if you can't afford or don't want to pay for a subscription.

• Like 2