Sign in to follow this  
Timon

Savegame lost, closed while ressurected

Timon    10

Well i tried to be cheap :D

I closed the game while dieing, to revert back to my last saved game, because i tried some weird stuff (dont ask ;)). I died and didn't want to loose my Meat Effigy because of it, so i closed the game. When i wanted to go back to my completely built base i couldn't since my savegame was gone and the game only gave me new game and new world options, but no continue.

Too bad im not as cheap as backing up my savegame. QQ

Thought i might let you know, since ppl could also crash while being ressurected at an effigy and loose their savegame.

Corey    181

I'm not really sure that losing data by trying to evade death by force quitting the game durring death or resurrection is a bug haha. In almost every game on console or PC you will get explicit warnings not to force exit the game or power down while saving or loading as it will often corrupt your file.

The game is perma-death, so we wouldn't really want to change that as it would prevent people from trying to cheat the game. However, crashes are not desireable so if you can produce a crash from this in a repeatable way, let us know the exact steps. So we would need to know the "weird stuff" you did in order to confirm if this is a bug, crash or as designed.

Timon    10

Well that's a point. The weird stuff was mostly testing fighting stuff, making things fight against each other.

But it seems to me, that if the game gets closed while you get resurrected by your meat effingy the game assumes, that you died and deletes your progress.

I can't test that atm, since i need to rebuild my farm, goin to be a while until i can get my effingy back up and test it, this time i'm going to backup the savegame before testing though.

And as i see it, i'm not only playing the game, but trying to break it, to find weird stuff. If someone want's to circumvent the permadeath, that's not hard at all, since you can backup your saves...

Enjou    10

I just got this game this weekend and haven't made an effigy yet, but I can speculate on the problem. If people who crash during resurrection are having their games deleted as well, I imagine the logic works like so...

No Has Effigy:

Death => Save data deleted => World data reset

Has Effigy:

Death => Save data deleted => Resurrected in current world

If this is the case you have a period between your data being and the next save where you have no saved data. Even exiting your game legitimately after you resurrect would result in loss of saved data if you do it before the game is saved again.

If this is true, then the logic should probably work like this when you have an effigy instead:

Death => Save overwritten => Resurrected in current world

This way if you crash or something while resurrecting you won't lose your save data and when you load up again and you'll just resurrect.

Sign in to follow this