Cheggf

Players think using the Terrarium is griefing due to the way it spawns the boss.

ZombieDupe    467

Yes, very easy griefing potential indeed. Klei could just make the terrarium go for the player closest to the terrarium. As fun an idea of randomly selecting a player is, that's just on paper, in practice we can get this whenever someone wants eye mask. Even worse when someone wants the shield, good luck surviving that when you join day 1. Can't always just run away, imagine being spawn camped at portal by the twins! And to avoid randomness players can go in caves or gather in a group. Why was randomly selected player even a mechanic that was implemented? Are we trying to improve the game or actively give more options to ruin it for more people?

Edited by ZombieDupe
  • Like 1

Dr. Safety    6226

I think it was a fun idea since in terraria, the boss spawns on a random person when the fight happens naturally (similar to seasonal bosses in DST), but I can't tell you how many new players got smoked because they weren't with the main base of people who were trying to fight the boss and just get unlucky. I definitely think this needs to be looked at by the devs

• Like 2

Grim0514    163
2 minutes ago, Seero said:

I haven't but if it was me i'd kill that giant eye MF no cap 

Based and F key pilled

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Spool 1

Alyssa4Life    13
36 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

everybody gangsta til you spawn in at the portal at night and the boss picks you at that exact moment

Oh god--

• Shopcat 1

hhh2    1099
1 hour ago, Seero said:

What it's not like the eye bosses destroy structures... do they?

i think they do??? i really can't remember but i always spawn them at my current base, so maybe not.

W0l0l0    1081

While we're at it, does anyone think adding dusk to the "night" time would be a good idea? Night is often too short to kill the bosses. Would be nice. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Alyssa4Life    13
42 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

They destroy anything with health, including shadows for some reason lol. I'm assuming they can destroy walls but they can't smash any other structures.

But "anything with health" includes the dude who just got the game, has no idea what's going on, isn't wearing armor, and doesn't have a light source so he's glued to the fire pit.

Thank you! At the very least, they could just randomize it with people around a certain radius. It shouldn't be able to go across the entire map and hit a solo player who was never intended to be in the fight.

• Like 1

Mr.Rickzzs    125

What a coincidence that yesterday I was about to make a mod to fix this. I remember months ago I was Wanda voyaging with my beefalo and an eye suddenly befell me. I had to rescue my beefalo! However, at last I died before my beefalo, then I requested a rollback....

Here is the mod:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2785814369

description:

He who touches terrarium has a terrible time. Good night!
Terrarium now seeks who activated it , or who is nearest, or a random victim.

compatibility:

Incompatible with other kinds of terrarium fixes because I overwrite the prefab terrarium.lua.

Edited by Mr.Rickzzs
  • Thanks 1