ScottHansen

March Quality of Life Update Now Live!

Echsrick    3458
2 minutes ago, keena said:

please for the the love of god make the old UI an optional setting i am far too old and far too stubborn to figure out how this works.

if it helps, the mod i have posted is relative close to what the old ui is, its better then nothing

• Like 2

G-Forces    208
4 hours ago, Eughstein said:

are you joking or what?they already confirmed multiple times that wilson rework gonna be in this year

When did they do that?

4 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Idk why did they do another Wolfgang rework?

I wouldn't call that a second rework given recent it was, more of a balance update to the existing rework.

6 hours ago, Zaokllr said:

I'm personally thinkin' it'll be more along these linessee_here.png.7fd4bd03f3929b80dc518fc75d99144c.png

Did you get that from mining the games files?

LiamAshvinn001    432

Damn Klei this update is awesome! TYSM for making a science machine skin, the Terrible Ooze Machine just didnt feel DS. This update is awesome and i cant wait to try new Wolfgang! Keep up the good work!

8 hours ago, G-Forces said:

Зачем им делать еще одну переделку Вайноны?

Они не собираются переделывать Уилсона, он должен быть основным ванильным персонажем, у которого нет особых способностей.

No

1825498689_GIF01_05.202012-26-11.gif.746fd5fd0f133511f255f4f9e16ef903.gif

RoughCactus69    406
13 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Reduced the fuel value of all turfs

You guys hurt me. This is pain! The best fuel source now gone.... 

:(

Sincerely, 

Cactus

1 hour ago, pokerzero0 said:

To be honest,I hate this new Crafting UI.Why not get an option to choose the old one for players?

If you read it properly, they mentioned that it will help them issue in new crafting things. They didn't want to clog tabs with 20+ crafting tabs. This makes it easier. 

Sincerely,

Cactus

13 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Err, first of all, they just removed that announcement, so clearly it wasn't ready.

Secondly, the announcement said the feature would come out with the Switch version of the game.

Thirdly, Playstation is not included in the shared curio. :P

Why won't PS be included in the shared curio? 

Just curious.

Sincerely,

Cactus

Edited by RoughCactus69
  • Like 1

Ghusto    1

For real, the new UI just put the same item in different category which is badly bad, it makes us crafting slower and harder to find what we want. So have to admit that the new UI is fail, u can conserve this UI if u want, but at least please just give players an option to choose between this one and the previous version, it's important to know this!  PLEASE!

• Like 1

ALCRD    2586
8 hours ago, G-Forces said:

I wouldn't call that a second rework given recent it was, more of a balance update to the existing rework.

Aka "Character REFRESH" as Klei calls it.

And Winona will have one too. There is some heavy Winona themed foreshadowing by Klei here not just with the spoiler image that you somehow missed despite it being quite obvious..

Edited by ALCRD
  • Haha 1

minespatch    95530
2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

There is some heavy foreshadowing by Klei here that you somehow missed despite being so obvious beside the spoiler image..

Woodie is getting a new lore short? 1525292350_Smithustajaokay.png.649669e2f3666c4da9886184a95255c4.png

• Haha 1

Lizarazu    13

6 hours ago, pokerzero0 said:

To be honest,I hate this new Crafting UI.Why not get an option to choose the old one for players?

It will take me months to get used with the new Crafting UI :grumpy: I know to play very well and it's taking me a day to find something I don't use often

Edited by Lizarazu

ryukamiya    27

Spend time getting used to the new UI? Then I will play other games at that time.

I don't want to feel stress in the game.
At least now I'm stressed by the new UI.

I understand that it is a UI for those who are just starting dst.

• Like 1

Cheggf    8601
11 hours ago, G-Forces said:

Did you get that from mining the games files?

He got that from drawing. @Zaokllr (pronounced zow-ocular) is something of an artist, or as I like to say, fartist. Cuz he stinks. Nananana booboo.

• Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

ArubaroBeefalo    18115
33 minutes ago, ryukamiya said:

I understand that it is a UI for those who are just starting dst

is also very good for those who were already playing the game. I have been playing this game since before caves were introduced in DS but after i tried the beta i couldnt go to the main branch for how convinient it is

QuartzBeam    8036
1 hour ago, Lizarazu said:

it's taking me a day to find something I don't use often

Have you tried reading the names of the filters?

Zaokllr    147
49 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

He got that from drawing. @Zaokllr (pronounced zow-ocular) is something of an artist, or as I like to say, fartist. Cuz he stinks. Nananana booboo.

DUDE!!!!!!! >:(

Mike202    2

Bad controls for console version every time you move across if it goes to far on the menu just goes back to the start, also can’t take hats off? I’m sure it’s great on computer where you have more control but it’s no for console.

• Like 2

socky-2-me    40

The last time i popped into the DST it was to support the wurt axolotl skin (granted idk if it helped, but im glad u guys created it!) now.... i have but tis another suggestion... when a item is being crafted and shows a list of images and the amount needed to make said item... i DO HEAVILY suggest that if i do not have enough material made of said item (for example i do not have enough rope), BUT i do have enough materials to make it (for: example grass)...... to simply click on the (rope) picture given on the list of crafted items needed to make it, INSTEAD of redoing the entire search to go find the material (rope). i tried my best to break this down... but simple.. if any image is shown for crafting a material and its not made... to simply click on the picture to craft it. this would actually make dst crafting faster less mentally tasking. (even from the original) 

• Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

ArubaroBeefalo    18115
24 minutes ago, socky-2-me said:

The last time i popped into the DST it was to support the wurt axolotl skin (granted idk if it helped, but im glad u guys created it!) now.... i have but tis another suggestion... when a item is being crafted and shows a list of images and the amount needed to make said item... i DO HEAVILY suggest that if i do not have enough material made of said item (for example i do not have enough rope), BUT i do have enough materials to make it (for: example grass)...... to simply click on the (rope) picture given on the list of crafted items needed to make it, INSTEAD of redoing the entire search to go find the material (rope). i tried my best to break this down... but simple.. if any image is shown for crafting a material and its not made... to simply click on the picture to craft it. this would actually make dst crafting faster less mentally tasking. (even from the original) 

seems like they will include something similar

21 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

There are still a few things that will be added throughout the next week(s). These include: Adding pages for the pinned recipe bar and changing them to be stored on the profile instead of per world, a system to support crafting refined ingredients directly from the currently selected recipe, optimizations, and mod support for adding new filters. 

• Health 1

22 hours ago, GuyNamedChris said:

Yay, shared skinventories! And they said it would never be done :lol:

What did you mean by shared skinventories? I have read over the notes several times and can’t find this.. but then again my adhd makes that happen sometimes lol.. 

QuartzBeam    8036
6 minutes ago, meagsthebeags said:

What did you mean by shared skinventories? I have read over the notes several times and can’t find this.. but then again my adhd makes that happen sometimes lol.. 

That bit was removed like an hour after the post was made, but Xbox, Switch, Steam and Wegame will have shared curio cabinets (so skins and characters) soon.

Raine dason    0

Hi ScottHansen, firstly thanks so much for your update.

But tonight, many players found that they can not log in the game. Maybe there is something wrong with Klei server. 

Please check the server as soon as possible.

Thank u so much again.