Terra B Welch

Getting over some childhood trauma, with a randomizer.

viberr    1492

I don't have childhood trauma 

because I'm still a child

well, on a more serious note, it's awesome that you're facing your childhood trauma head on, good on you! I'll be cheering from within the Klei forums

(WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU CAN DO IT TERRA! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, WE BELIEVE IN YOU!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

GetNerfedOn    8859

Good fortune wend you in your way! HG is something i want to play eventually (when i'm not sinking my time into other games lmao) and so far i'm intrigued by the concept of two whole regions being in one game, though that makes for a really long and grueling journey. 

Hoping to see your future poggers! 

• Like 3

Terra B Welch    9232

Part 2 of my adventures through heartgold randomizer.

Spoiler

So after completing the first gym I decided to go catch a vulpix that the randomizer put in the bellsprout tower, leveled it up a bit, then went to the next route after violet city, I think it's route 33? One of the randomized items on the route was an EXP Share, so easier leveling!

I also encountered this guy, who dragon raged my vulpix when I swapped to it.

1.png.11f80c2807888d165c0bea322e379413.png

The egg that I got after the first gym hatched, it had a pokemon i didn't care for, so I put it in the PC.

2.png.3431b57cd8f83eaf9e0df61f5f204c2b.png

I encountered these two in the cave on the way to the next town.

3.png.932dc932b78f3219e164675b2c6f8dab.png

4.png.983c5ab0c1da41725814e48a826159f3.png

I completed the slowpoke well part, the team rocket guy at the end had like three dragon type pokemon, two being dragonites, I'm happy none of them dragon raged me, with the 2nd dragonite mainly spamming twister.

The 2nd gym was all dragon types, thanks randomizer, MORE DRAGONS!(Just FYI, the rando made the first gym all rock types)
In order to make my time getting through all the dragons in the 2nd gym, I went and grabbed one of those Garchomps from route 33 and leveled it up.

5.png.8a7bce3f9bd1bb4f78592e0e232d3f9b.png

After leveling it up to level 15, I proceeded to steamroll the gym with dragon rage, god that move is so strong.

Here's my final team after today's play session.

6.png.f66d5b3a7c2b098bf35ee9d7f03ab640.png

• Like 2

GetNerfedOn    8859

Seems like you're going really well trhough the start! 

A nice thing to know is that despite how frightening a pokemon or its typing may be in the early stages of a randomizer in the end its sorely limited to its initial moveset and apart from outliers i can think of like Bagon Headbutt or Buneary with max power Frustration or Metronome shenanigans you should tear through most of them decently. 

• Like 1

Terra B Welch    9232

Part 3 of my adventures.

Spoiler

I caught this noctowl on my way to goldenrod city, naming it after someone in a group I'm in.

1.png.296b6f445fa3b41e8b7ff04d1b64a8e5.png

@Hornete Hey look, cement!

2.png.b78ce784fd75af71015d7d3c8e81c070.png

(Jokes aside, it was a trainer's, one of the ones in the goldenrod tunnels.)

I beat the third gym leader, the randomizer made their gym poison types.

3.png.7b7ef6dabb9b37780cb26609b8d3a589.png

After reaching the town with the fourth gym and completing a side thing involving suicune apparently(didnt actually fight suicune it ran off), I realised I had a fire stone and reminded myself Vulpix only evolves into Ninetails via fire stone, so after having reached level 25 with whom I call "ThreeCats", I evolve ThreeCats into Ninetails! Now the joke makes a bit more sense haha.

4.png.32e76f48885078d55c0bf13ef7a3f440.png

I took out the fourth gym, which I think was supposed to be Psychic themed, though the pokemon felt kinda random, with one trainer just having a geodude for some reason, but most the trainers had pokemon that were psychic in some way, My team had to work for this one, namely since alot of the psychic types were also water, grass or even fire, so Mori, Kekgator and especially Threecats put alot of work into taking them all out, I got through it and got my fourth badge in the end.

5.png.c8cb247928383a00cb85166388de8d28.png

My team currently now, I feel like I gotta do some grinding soon, trainer pokemon are catching up levelwise.

6.png.1f37c0e213fbbf69d5e5bf6573d2deec.png

• Like 2

Terra B Welch    9232

I ran into this while I was level grinding, it ran turn 1 so I didn't get a chance to do anything.

bruh.png.a40432160c51040c97251a13fd822832.png

Here's my current team post-grind for future reference.

grind1.png.6ea0b1b524d9a82c92f9bdcaa63fa719.png

• Like 1

Terra B Welch    9232

More progress is done.

Spoiler

I completed three gyms this session, the 5th was fire types and 6th was normal types, while the 7th was bug types.

On the way to the 5th gym I encountered this swimmer named Wendy, the randomizer gave her ground type pokemon but I thought it was ironic, it honestly would've been even more ironic if she had ghost types.

irony.png.99df6040c341ee73b63656eb0412a8e5.png

After the 5th and 6th gyms I went to the Lake of Rage and caught the shiny Gyarados there, except it was a shiny skarmory in the randomizer! It had exactly 81hp so two dragon rages brought it to 1hp.

skarmory.png.6515ec2d6ff853bfaee87216cfcc03ae.png

skarmory2.png.4818990936cf0b657cda10c9e73a5e4f.png

After all the Team Rocket HQ nonsense, I completed the 7th gym which was bug types, so Mine had a field day again.

sweep.png.efb2276bce0b00eae869a546d754cfa5.png

Here's my party so far! And my 7 badges.

1.png.47b0b21227de380d9a0b4947df0d5d7f.png

2.png.69a876fc10cea128e178b9e7e1106841.png

Might need to grind a little more before I go towards the 8th gym.

• Like 1

OMGkawaiiAngel    5822

Oh but why would you let people bully you to the point they prevented you from doing what you love? I always beat people who dared to interfere to the ground they never defeated me and got things their way.

Terra B Welch    9232
4 hours ago, OMGkawaiiAngel said:

Oh but why would you let people bully you to the point they prevented you from doing what you love?

Because people are cruel, especially other kids when you're a kid, and especially back in the day.

OMGkawaiiAngel    5822
30 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Because people are cruel, especially other kids when you're a kid, and especially back in the day.

Well why didn't you strike back? I never showed any mercy to people like that.

Terra B Welch    9232
1 hour ago, OMGkawaiiAngel said:

Well why didn't you strike back? I never showed any mercy to people like that.

You think I didn't? I was only a child back then, and not a very strong one at that, and it was a good 5 or 6 other kids giving me hell over this.

goblinball    1186
2 hours ago, OMGkawaiiAngel said:

Well why didn't you strike back?

It’s not as simple as just “striking back”, I think.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

OMGkawaiiAngel    5822
1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

You think I didn't? I was only a child back then, and not a very strong one at that, and it was a good 5 or 6 other kids giving me hell over this.

I used to be a child too, I'd not beat a whole group all at once I wasn't that strong... But one was enough and all the rest would be too scared to go around me ever again. Violence begets violence... right?

Edited by OMGkawaiiAngel

Terra B Welch    9232
7 minutes ago, OMGkawaiiAngel said:

I used to be a child too, I'd not beat a whole group all at once I wasn't that strong... But one was enough and all the rest would be too scared to go around me ever again. Violence begets violence... right?

not in my scenario it didn't, it only got worse after any kind of attempt like that.

• Sad 1

GetNerfedOn    8859
1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

GrindDone.png.3ddbeb794755d9073c5cd7aa06cd1f1d.png

Hopefully that's enough level grinding to get past the 8th gym, but I think more is needed for the elite four.

Looks good indeed! My only concern would be to have options covering Ground types since 3 of your mon are susceptible to it, but anyways its a randomizer anyway lmao you should be golden. 

Have you been having fun through your playthrough, if i may ask? :D

Terra B Welch    9232
2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Looks good indeed! My only concern would be to have options covering Ground types since 3 of your mon are susceptible to it, but anyways its a randomizer anyway lmao you should be golden. 

Have you been having fun through your playthrough, if i may ask? :D

It's been fun, also ground types haven't been an issue for me, my mons have moves that can counter ground.

• Health 1

GetNerfedOn    8859
19 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

It's been fun, also ground types haven't been an issue for me, my mons have moves that can counter ground.

That's very nice to hear and I am overjoyed to see your progress :)

Good to see you've got coverage moves for ground too. Ground types are the bane of my platinum team lmfao

From what i usually experienced Elite Four and Champ are usually at 50s, but i really have no experience with HG given there are two sets ofElite Four. Again though your team should be ready to face most just *any threat it comes along :D

... Meanwhile im already struggling in Radical Red, havent finished Emerald yet either lmao

Edited by GetNerfedOn

Terra B Welch    9232

More progress

Spoiler

I mainly went back to areas I've been to and got items I couldn't get before, mainly due to needing surf and strength, also cleared out as much of the whirlpool isles as I could.

I then went and completed the entire Team Rocket goldenrod city portion of the game.

One of the team rocket executives had a garchomp, so it was garchomp vs garchomp! My garchomp was better though.

garchompvsgarchomp.png.b054f6ec60e3cc805e5959149c831af6.png

I eventually got to the top of the radio tower and beat the guy at the top, who had flying types, including a very fast togekiss who managed to knock out Mori, DragonRage came in to finish off the togekiss and I used a revive to get Mori back up, his final pokemon was a flying/ground type so HappyFeet was brought in to quickly dispatch it.

rocketpls.png.52b7b5613e442c35daec1068086d2dc6.png

Current party.

team.png.d0966d414e795e23c4a15be1cca6e07d.png

Now I'm wondering if the guy at mahogany town will get out of the way now and let me go to the final town.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

Terra B Welch    9232

Now that my friend and I are getting a bit more synced on sleep schedules, more progress with rando!

Spoiler

I went up to blackthorn city and beat the 8th gym, gym theme was dark types.

1.png.9eef968186d91aba5ecb5a470365d6ba.png

Gym leader was salty for loosing, so she made me go through the dragon cave to "prove myself", I did and got the badge.

2.png.c9d45e7184d55c0e642f0c762f25732d.png

After returing to Ecruteak and doing the entire kimono girl battle chain(which had freaing TWO Wobuffets btw! FREAKING COUNTER REE!) I managed to beat them with only garchomp kicking the bucket, and later revived in one of the later kimono girl fights. I then climbed the bell tower to the top, they summoned Ho-oh, I fight Ho-oh... and...

SUDDENLY GERBIL! THANKS RANDO!

wat.png.a62fa14520bad0ec61e1ce67a76223de.png

Rando replaced Ho-oh with this grass type gerbil, which was suprisingly a pain in the butt to catch as it had synthesis and leech seed which meant keeping it at red health was difficult, but I managed! Only took two ultra balls!

3.png.ba095b6a92ddc628975245bf9dfea734.png

and since it just looked like a gerbil to me I named it this. Also wow that gerbil is more tanky than most my crew.

gerbilpls.png.30448fe3d6caf3ad9dc3ed5ac028bf99.png

I then completed the routes east of new bark town up to the entrance to victory road. I plan to grind some more in prep for the elite four but here's my current party now.

partyt.png.0f94dde9d727d9047c28294b7ca48b22.png

Also thinking of renaming the Gerbil to "Chia Pet" now, haha.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

GetNerfedOn    8859
12 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

Now that my friend and I are getting a bit more synced on sleep schedules, more progress with rando!

Hide contents

I went up to blackthorn city and beat the 8th gym, gym theme was dark types.

1.png.9eef968186d91aba5ecb5a470365d6ba.png

Gym leader was salty for loosing, so she made me go through the dragon cave to "prove myself", I did and got the badge.

2.png.c9d45e7184d55c0e642f0c762f25732d.png

After returing to Ecruteak and doing the entire kimono girl battle chain(which had freaing TWO Wobuffets btw! FREAKING COUNTER REE!) I managed to beat them with only garchomp kicking the bucket, and later revived in one of the later kimono girl fights. I then climbed the bell tower to the top, they summoned Ho-oh, I fight Ho-oh... and...

SUDDENLY GERBIL! THANKS RANDO!

wat.png.a62fa14520bad0ec61e1ce67a76223de.png

Rando replaced Ho-oh with this grass type gerbil, which was suprisingly a pain in the butt to catch as it had synthesis and leech seed which meant keeping it at red health was difficult, but I managed! Only took two ultra balls!

3.png.ba095b6a92ddc628975245bf9dfea734.png

and since it just looked like a gerbil to me I named it this. Also wow that gerbil is more tanky than most my crew.

gerbilpls.png.30448fe3d6caf3ad9dc3ed5ac028bf99.png

I then completed the routes east of new bark town up to the entrance to victory road. I plan to grind some more in prep for the elite four but here's my current party now.

partyt.png.0f94dde9d727d9047c28294b7ca48b22.png

Also thinking of renaming the Gerbil to "Chia Pet" now, haha.

excellent progress, as always :)

I only remembered to warn you about Wobuffets now because of a PChal video i watched lmao, Wobuffets are run killers

Ways to deal with wobbufets are either to use Ghost types with physical moves, because Counter can't hit ghosts, or dark types with special moves because Mirror Coat can't hit dark types

Also, most fighting types are a risk to have counter in their movepool so just bear that in mind 

Regarding shaymin i did mention in the Hive that you can give it a GRacidea to turn it into a Sky Forme, which i think has higher SP Atk. You could probably use Shaymin as a defensive pivot to wall common moves like Earthquake, i suppose? unsure lmao take stuff that i say with a grain of salt

• Like 2

Terra B Welch    9232
51 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

excellent progress, as always :)

I only remembered to warn you about Wobuffets now because of a PChal video i watched lmao, Wobuffets are run killers

Ways to deal with wobbufets are either to use Ghost types with physical moves, because Counter can't hit ghosts, or dark types with special moves because Mirror Coat can't hit dark types

Also, most fighting types are a risk to have counter in their movepool so just bear that in mind 

Regarding shaymin i did mention in the Hive that you can give it a GRacidea to turn it into a Sky Forme, which i think has higher SP Atk. You could probably use Shaymin as a defensive pivot to wall common moves like Earthquake, i suppose? unsure lmao take stuff that i say with a grain of salt

I don't even know what a Gracidea is, but I'm guessing the randomizer might not have it, unless I'm really lucky?