Sign in to follow this  
zarklord_klei

[Game Update] - 499243

Cassielu    978
1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hounds don’t spawn on the ocean they spawn on the shore and then jump into the ocean to swim, But… according to this post Varglets do spawn out on the ocean & can swim.

Personally As long as it is limited to spawning maybe 3 hounds it would be an good way to keep boating content from becoming a peaceful fishing trip.

Why would they mention they can spawn on the ocean if there’s no change?

Hound Wave does not spawn at ocean, but if the player comes to ocean after it happen, Hounds and Varglets will spawn in the ocean.

• Like 3

Hornete    15615
25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hounds don’t spawn on the ocean they spawn on the shore and then jump into the ocean to swim, But… according to this post Varglets do spawn out on the ocean & can swim.

Personally As long as it is limited to spawning maybe 3 hounds it would be an good way to keep boating content from becoming a peaceful fishing trip.

Why would they mention they can spawn on the ocean if there’s no change?

Hounds can spawn on the ocean if you get the warning on land, hop on a boat real quick, and then sail out to the middle of the sea.

• Like 2

ALCRD    2671
2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Finally people can’t just sail out into the ocean to escape hound waves :lol: this will be fun.

Uhm i am not sure what this is about i had hounds swim way before this patch.. many times i had extra passangers following me after visit to Pearl or Moon Island.

Some hounds literally swam behind my boat untill i reached land. So not really could "avoid hound waves when sailing"

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

Cheggf    8683
2 hours ago, Luxaezar said:

Pretty cool stuff, now, about their drops.

What about them? Their purpose is to make hound waves easier so I don't see why they'd need to drop anything special.

• Like 2

Mantispidae    650
5 hours ago, meow meow meow said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/951648282009038848/954174166607724554/unknown.png

Oh thats perfect! It really does look like a good in-between for the vargling pet and the big proper varg

Notecja    3029

Now I want Vargling Pet.

But since game loads creatures before walls/statues, it's quite impossible :"( Just as Ewecus escaped from nicely prepared pen because of that. 

SinancoTheBest    6287
4 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Uhm i am not sure what this is about i had hounds swim way before this patch.. many times i had extra passangers following me after visit to Pearl or Moon Island.

Some hounds literally swam behind my boat untill i reached land. So not really could "avoid hound waves when sailing"

Well, the hound waves (for the specific player(s)) are skipped if you happen to be on a boat when the barking phase starts. 

They still spawn or follow you if you have started hearing the barks and started sailing.

For instance, if four players are walking towards a boat, two of them jump on it, then the barkings start and the other two jump on, you'll still get attacked by hounds of the latter two players + their bonus hounds for being near more players.

• Sanity 1

reallychina    867

Makes me wanna go kill malbratross for the oar even if i don't even sail with wanda

varglet looking sexy

Edited by reallychina
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ALCRD    2671
19 minutes ago, reallychina said:

varglet looking sexy

*concerned varglet noises*

• Haha 1

Milordo    609
9 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

what about reviving during moon shenanigans? :3

Too much "horror" and "scary" for Don't Starve

• Sad Dupe 2

PeiperPires    218

About the rocky ruins, maybe they could be changed to not bounce when they hit the ground, please? It doesn't really look right, plus theirs assets show them stuck to the ground, witch makes the bounce even more unfitting

Edited by PeiperPires
  • Like 1
  • Sanity 1

Cheggf    8683
16 minutes ago, Luxaezar said:

Ah, sorry, maybe I should be more specific next time, their drops are just as the same as a single normal Hound, I don't want special drops that are only dropped from these bois really, I just want them to have more meats or hound teeth, like Vargs just less.

It's pretty underwhelming as of now really, this is just my take on it though.

Yeah, they should probably drop the same loot you'd get for killing 2 or 3 hounds. Honestly I just assumed that they did, never really pay much attention to exactly how much monster meat and teeth I got, just hold space then chuck em away in storage.

• Like 2

QuartzBeam    8118
Just now, Cheggf said:

Yeah, they should probably drop the same loot you'd get for killing 2 or 3 hounds. Honestly I just assumed that they did, never really pay much attention to exactly how much monster meat and teeth I got, just hold space then chuck em away in storage.

That's the weird thing. They did drop more loot until last night's patch, which slightly nerfed them (damage went from 50 to 40, and they freeze in 1 "hit" now), but heavily nerfed their drops.

GodIess    237
local function GetCharacterAtlas(owner)
    return resolvefilepath("images/avatars.xml")
end
local function GetCraftingMenuAtlas()
	return resolvefilepath(CRAFTING_ICONS_ATLAS)
end

Please make this path a constant so that it can be easily changed, as is done with icons. It is very necessary to create several variations of the character icon and the possibility of customization. recipes_filter.lua thx

i use 

_G.CRAFTING_ICONS_ATLAS = "images/org/crafting_menu_icons.xml"

-Variant    11018
16 hours ago, Owlrust said:

Also, does the Varglet still howl/spawn hounds? The animations posted about it don't show any howl animation.

The animations posted weren't all of them at all.

But yes, they do. They use the howl animation that normal hounds use.
image.thumb.png.66dbb10892a182692e5b2eba31f12fe9.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1