Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Bugsworth

DST should be free

should DST be free?  

206 members have voted

  1. 1. should it be free

    • yes
      9
    • no
      197


Recommended Posts

Bugsworth    146

DST should be a free to play game as it collects data and has in game purchases. Both things that should only be in a free to play game. I think that it's pretty unfair for you to get payed to sell data ngl. Also unfair to have to pay for items in game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bugsworth    146
Just now, Paoling said:

Do you just want to make a popular thread by making a controversial poll?

no, i just think its unfair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waoling    1208
Just now, Bugsworth said:

no, i just think its unfair. 

Well, the game doesn't have ads or energy needed for you to play, no item lock behind pay walls the characters can be unlocked just by playing it better than most of the free to play mobiles games.

Also, controversial polls always get more attention than polls that actually put effort into them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxil20    2381
20 minutes ago, Bugsworth said:

DST should be a free to play game as it collects data and has in game purchases. Both things that should only be in a free to play game. I think that it's pretty unfair for you to get payed to sell data ngl. Also unfair to have to pay for items in game. 

If you can’t afford to pay $15 (which in all honesty is ~$5 with how often the game goes on sale 4-6 times a year) with 95% of the content being included and the other 5% can be woven at a reasonable speed with ingame currency, much less getting a free copy of the game included, then maybe you shouldn’t play DST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waoling    1208
3 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

This poll its just controversial in purpose

That's what I said.

Thank you for putting it in a more understandable way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrSoratori    454

Dude.

Thats cringe. Rude, sorta.  Like seriously learn how to valorize anothers effort and jobs, please. This is disrespectifull in so many levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GuyNamedChris    14141

Oh no, lest a paid game has DLC that lets you enjoy more of the game you bought and lets you support the company at the same time.

And yo, all of the cosmetics and DLC survivors in the game can be woven for free after you get enough spool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Empa505    326

Why should it be free? Because it has in game purchases? Almost any type of game has a in game purchases. Klei gives us years worth of content just for ~15 bucks, and a free copy to a friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jan Mele    1260
1 minute ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Yes. Use it well.

Can't find it, i only see the one for posts. Ig i'll use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SecretPizzaMan    1220
2 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Can't find it, i only see the one for posts. Ig i'll use it.

It's the same thing. A poll post has two parts, the content and poll. They might seem separate but they're part of the same post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karitha    3506

DST have annoying community enough, even right now. I can not imagine how griefers would swarm all community if it become free.

I'm even against to the %80 offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capybara007    1278

just let this thread die, there is enough people saying why dst its fine as it is, no need to just keep saying exactly what we all think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowDuelist    10498

The Overwhelming "No" answers in the poll are good enough.

Also there was a free weekend of DST once and it was good to introduce a lot of people into the game, I think that weekend the amount of players at the same time on DST created the historical peak. That kind of "free" does good to the game, but that's mostly it.
As long as new players keep populating the game and keep the community alive, it does not need to be free.

 

Spoiler

Mic Drop | Know Your Meme

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baark0    1778
1 hour ago, Bugsworth said:

DST should be a free to play game as it collects data and has in game purchases. Both things that should only be in a free to play game. I think that it's pretty unfair for you to get payed to sell data ngl. Also unfair to have to pay for items in game. 

damn kind of a garbage take, didnt expect that coming from you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.