Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Shu1106

Don’t starve: pocket edition (Apple Arcade) bug

Shu1106    0

When the four seasons boss except moose-goose comes, the game will crash. The screenshot shows here. I’m glad to see you can fix the “wooden gate bug” and “ ruins crash bug” so fast, but someone also reported this bug on the forum and after the latest update, this bug is still exist. I hope you can fix it soon so we could have a better experience.

E83EE06D-4A90-4B5E-8778-A1804735FEE6.thumb.jpeg.ccdfe91af200c887f79ef0cb2c20895f.jpeg

JanH    8679

Sorry to hear about this. Could we get you to ensure that no other programs or apps are running in the background while trying to run the game to see if that makes a difference? Also, could we get you to ensure that your game app has been updated to the latest version on Apple Arcade?
As well, could you provide us the following information?

- Your iOS device,
- Your Device model number,
- Your iOS version number,

Shu1106    0
22 hours ago, JanH said:

Sorry to hear about this. Could we get you to ensure that no other programs or apps are running in the background while trying to run the game to see if that makes a difference? Also, could we get you to ensure that your game app has been updated to the latest version on Apple Arcade?
As well, could you provide us the following information?

- Your iOS device,
- Your Device model number,
- Your iOS version number,

Thanks for your reply. I have closed all other apps in the background to run the game but it still crash. The version of the game app is the latest one- version 1.0.4 .

My device is iPad Pro 2018, the model number is MTXR2B/A and the iPadOS version is 15.3.1.

kjds    0

This crash is happening to me(same error msg). The most recent crash occurred while chopping logs—the time before that while cooking in a few crockpots. It has completely broken at least three different worlds. I have employed the methods you outlined above: completely updated, no background apps, shut down/restart…

Device info:

iOS device: iPhone 7
Device model number: MNAM2LL/A
iOS version number: 15.4.1

——

Sometimes my last save was far enough back that it will not immediately crash again upon reopening. However when the game reaches the “time stamp” of the initial crash it will consistently crash again allowing no further progress past that point in in-game time. It does not seem to matter if one’s avatar is near or far to the location on the map where the initial crash occurred.

I am almost certain this same bug has occurred to me in shipwrecked. (but my memory might be fallible there—I have most recently and frequently dealt w/ it in ROG pocket edition.)

It’s quite unfortunate—and is making the game unplayable.

Happy to provide further information if useful.

Edit: a bit more info— can confirm it has happened on a world 44 days old as well as a world 31 days old where adventure mode was completed.  fairly certain it has also happened on worlds approaching 100 days, though these were earlier breaks I have since deleted, and can’t confirm.

JanH    8679

@kjdsSorry to hear that you are encountering this issue. Would you be able to take a screenshot of the crash/error message? It would also be of help if you could provide a video clip of what is happening when you encounter the crash? 

kjds    0
1 hour ago, JanH said:

@kjdsSorry to hear that you are encountering this issue. Would you be able to take a screenshot of the crash/error message? It would also be of help if you could provide a video clip of what is happening when you encounter the crash? 

Thank you for the quick response.

Certainly.

video clip for the world 1-44:

Screenshot of error msg for world 1-44:

02BD7BF8-024B-483A-A639-3BCCE4F5A7C5.png

Let me know if you would like a video clip of the other world I have active where this bug is happening. In that world the time between loading in and the crash is much longer so I would need to find a different compression/upload solution 

JanH    8679

Thanks everyone for providing us with additional information, specs, and clips/screens regarding your encountered issue. We are currently investigating with our mobile porting developer partner and hope to have a fix for it as soon as we can. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

kjds    0

Hi Jan—thank you(and the other devs working on it) very much for the update and attention to this issue.

I know the pocket edition port isn’t close to a top priority, and it’s player base is comparatively teeny tiny— but this makes me optimistic the port won’t be completely abandoned. Even w/ all of PE’s troubles with game feel I love to see devs trying to give mobile players access to games w/ this kind of mechanical depth.