Nightfall's Additional Arts!

NightfallsCurse

Just now, NightfallsCurse said:

Jayfeather!

Untitled547_20220330202523.thumb.png.9b3ea047fefda9d9651be103a6b9c834.png

Jay Boi!!!!! I like the way you colored it, not to be rude or anything but having feathers behind the ear is idk how to word it but like cultural appropriation or something? not to be rude or anything im just a random person on the internet but putting the feathers on his tail or something is ok, just not behind the ears uhh sorry for bothering u just letting you know

edit: i can pm you the google doc written by an indigenous person if u want to learn more/proof btw
(also its worded better than how i try to explain it agjghjasga

39 minutes ago, PasssionFish said:

edit: i can pm you the google doc written by an indigenous person if u want to learn more/proof btw
(also its worded better than how i try to explain it agjghjasga

ok

btw it's just something I've seen in multiple drawings, for example, this (Credits to Maple_Drawws)

Spoiler

jayfeather____warrior_cats_by_mapledrawws-d9u4d1y.thumb.png.e9d0475fcb5b83a7d536c2ae9982c8e5.png

and this (Credits to Gekkozilla)

Spoiler

1004405019_OIP(17).jpg.3f7611137f49ad11d8cccc48feb45cf4.jpg

anyways, just pm me the doc

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

image.png.f08ac6d08c10ed9f85859792e8495c18.pngI tried tweaking the leg. You might also want to fix the lighting. 

Definitely recommend trying out cat tutorials especially around the leg area freehanded.

thanks-I definitely need more work on the legs, you give great advice-

Yea I thought the shadow in the back looked cool but didn't pay attention to the lighting so thanks for telling me
Also I don't think the head of my cat drawings is accurate, probably the eyes and muzzle, I will work on that too, I believe the legs and body need the most work

10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Drawing tutorials help a lot if you draw freehanded. The tutorial gives your hand's dna a structure to learn from but freehanded helps give your hand memory.

Again, thank you for the awesome advice, being an artist for only one year is pain, especially if i haven't taken any out-of-school Or professional art classes :sad:

Archived