Sign in to follow this  
JarrettM

[Game Update] - 493827

Simonova    29
5 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

Helped Sweepys get a little more confidence…they’re no longer afraid of everything, just critters

Love this, much needed buff; the place I always need the most sweeping is the bottom of high-traffic ladders, which just so happened to be where Sweepy struggled the most to sweep.

Now just give me the option to bury my heroic Rovers in tasteful memorials instead of simply deconstructing them, and I will be pleased with the state of all my mechanical friends.

• Haha 3

Gurgel    3143
2 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Critters won’t idle where Pneumatic Doors are being constructed anymore

What, that was not intentional?

Hehehe, just kidding. Great to hear from you folks again!

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

babba    2407

Its always nice to come to the forum, to read funny stories :cheerful:

image.png.70eec805a443478d3ca1113374fbb625.png

17 hours ago, Spoonwood said:

I laughed reading about rovers having balloons.  Silly duplicants!

Edited by babba
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Xenocent    22
22 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Also: keep an eye out for our 2022 roadmap! It explains what’s happening behind the scenes at ONI, and where things will be going for the next little while. We’ll link to that post here by the end of this week. 

can we have polling session what community want, and request for merging usefull mod to stable game ? like pliers

• Thanks 1

pether    1419
22 minutes ago, Xenocent said:

can we have polling session what community want, and request for merging usefull mod to stable game ? like pliers

Feel free to make poll thread yourself - I sometimes do that to both satisfy my curiosity and give Klei more quantified feedback. Klei does really good job when reacting to our feedback and they do read the forums. Eg. one of the DLC features (IMO best one, made my whole month) was enabling to demolish POI items, something requested a lot

Having this said - one need no poll to know that vox populi demands pliers, airlocks and diseases. DLC was a good opportunity to implement those, shame they did not, but I still hope

• Like 2

meekay    76
On 1/27/2022 at 2:48 PM, JarrettM said:
  • Solid tiles inside a Rocket beside the door now prevent Duplicants from navigating through them.

Since yesterday's update I've now been having trouble where if you change/add/delete modules on a rocket, dupes can no longer navigate in or out. If they're outside they can navigate right to the door but not the space inside; if they're already inside they'll just idle. I'm guessing it might be related to this fix. It is extremely frustrating as I generally reconfigure rockets after every landing, especially during an exploratory away mission. The workaround is to save and reload but I'm late in the game and that process sometimes takes 3-5 minutes. I'll try to get you a save file and add it to the tracker but this is a pretty significant regression.

Update: Someone beat me to it, looks like they already wrote it up.

Edited by meekay
Add link to bug tracker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

meekay    76
3 minutes ago, JarrettM said:
  • Fixed issue where rocket interiors were inaccessible after moving a module

Thank you! I figured you wouldn't get to it until Monday.

WhiteWind36    76
On 1/27/2022 at 9:48 PM, JarrettM said:

Suit storage is now only used when the suit is actually equipped; it's not enough for it to be assigned.

Lucky me, I've just recently find out that it is very nice exploit, when you lack of refined metal or reed fiber, but you need to stress out your duplicants to make them binge eat barbeque for carnivore achievement. It worked just perfectly - dupes who where wearing a suit, and got an assignment for suit, they unequipped the suit, but still had soiled suit debuff although they were not using a suit. This exploit helped me a lot to make carnivore achievement. I had 5 dupes stress out with soiled suit debuff although only having 3 suits overall.

• Haha 3

krop    126
On 1/27/2022 at 8:48 PM, JarrettM said:

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the first patch of 2022! Just a few minor things we’ve been working on since Spaced Out! launched in December. 

Is it intentional that LAUNCHPLATFORM was renamed LAUNCHPAD in all but database strings? (STRINGS.CODEX.EXOBASES.PARAGRAPH_* and STRINGS.MISC.NOTIFICATIONS.SPACETRAVEL.MESSAGEBODY)