Sign in to follow this  
Jason

[Game Update] - 490729

Owlrust    6734
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Tuned the potato sack ingredients

I'm willing to guess this means no more free potatoes?

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

I assume this'll be the last patch/update for this year. I wish the team(s) at Klei a very happy holidays! You did fantastic this year :)

Here here. :wickerbottomthanks:

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    14497
1 minute ago, Owlrus said:

Here here. :wickerbottomthanks:

Wait.. No more free potatoes? B.. but but.. I was really enjoying the idea of Wolfgang the Mighty Potato Mancer. (Which someone drew art for)

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    14497
2 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Yup, most likely, unless something critical comes up over the weekend. Next week most of the studio is on vacation and the rest of us are participating in our yearly game jam! :D

Before you guys head out just wanted to ask will the console version get the Wolfgang hot fix changes (increased durability on dumbells & ability to use them as Melee weapons) or will I be waiting until after the holidays for those changes? I personally don’t mind the waiting just asking to be sure. Thanks Peter Enjoy your Holiday you guys deserve it! :wilson_love:

Hornete    15519
5 minutes ago, PeterA said:

rest of us are participating in our yearly game jam!

Oh that's so cool, i'd love to see the games some of the folks at Klei will be making after the jam :>

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

Shosuko    5270
11 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

No more free potatoes - I guess even THAT was too OP for Wolfgang :\  This rework even sucks in the flavor town now -_-

Edited by Shosuko
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

MoonChildd    44

Hey, first of all I would really like to thank for the update and I appreciate all Klei workers' efforts that making this update possible. I have a question which I'd like to ask though. Why the potato sacks come out of the nothing? I really thought that we would come with the sack, not after we built the gym station. I also don't understand why you did not add same functions of bundle wrap to potato sacks. It would be really awesome to see if potato sacks constitute bundle wrap (with same function).

After all, I dreamed that he is a circus performer and he is coming to the world with his sack, don't you think that would 
be much sweeter?
Edited by MoonChildd
  • Like 1

I hope you guys have a great holidays and enjoy the vacation time, for you have surely earned it! After the holidays I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the Year of the Catcoon event and, even more so, the 2022 roadmap! Until then, thank you Klei for another great year of DST!

• Like 1

Catteflyterpill    1300
1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Yup, most likely, unless something critical comes up over the weekend. Next week most of the studio is on vacation and the rest of us are participating in our yearly game jam! :D

Do you guys even sleep? A game jam sounds like a lot of fun, but make sure you're all getting rest and taking more than enough time for yourselves. 

• Health 1
  • Sanity 1

Pikapikap    1608
5 minutes ago, PeterA said:

There was a bug that's been in the engine I believe since Day 1 that caused hidden layers to be used for mouse detection. This was mainly an issue with mouse detection on the player after the player unequipped a large item. The mouse would still hit the hidden arm holding the item. That was fixed a few months ago, and it caused this bug in the drying rack. The drying rack was hiding it's mouseover region layer. Instead we now render it with 1% alpha, so it gets detection from the mouse again. The wasted gpu fill-rate on drawing the near invisible region in the center isn't ideal, but until we make deeper improvements in the mouse detection/rendering logic, this is the method we'll use.

Hey Peter~ Will we have a chance to get dst style mouse style in the future? At present, when we play the game, the mouse is displayed in the game is the Windows mouse, if dst can let us choose the mouse style in the future, it feels good. (similar to League of Legends kind of modified mouse)

Thank you and all the other klei staff for your hard work throughout the year and have a great holiday!

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    18170
3 minutes ago, Pikapikap said:

Hey Peter~ Will we have a chance to get dst style mouse style in the future? At present, when we play the game, the mouse is displayed in the game is the Windows mouse, if dst can let us choose the mouse style in the future, it feels good. (similar to League of Legends kind of modified mouse)

Thank you and all the other klei staff for your hard work throughout the year and have a great holiday!

a dinamic mouse that converts into diferent sprites depending of what we are doing like a shadow hand while holding items, or a spear while atacking or a magnificent glass when examinating things would be cool

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
more examples
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1