Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Frashaw27

Should Wolfgang get his Speed Boost back?

sped, sped is teh nam of gam  

238 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should Mighty Wolfgang get back his speed boost?

• Yes, it was a definite point of his kit!
    • No, it wasn't needed/didn't fit his overall kit
    • I don't care either way
  2. 2. If Mighty Wolfgang doesn't get the speed boost back, should Wimpy Wolfgang get it?

• Yes, it would help balance out all the badness that form has
    • No, It's meant to be a punishment exclusively
    • I don't care
  3. 3. If neither form gets the sped back, do you think the heavy item penalty removal is decent enough compensation?

• Yes, while not the same, I can see it being useful
    • No, there is literally nothing that can compensate the loss of sped
    • I don't care

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/21 at 05:01 PM

Frashaw27    1737

Put this up mainly to see the poll and totally not to see a debate spark out below

I, personally, don't think it should be reinstated. Wolfgang is suppose to be the main damage dealer of the collective survivors, and I think that's a bit greedy for him to stick his hands in another honey pot, speed, while already being so good in one area. There are plenty of good speedsters already that can fit the job just aswell, but they were almost always overshadowed by Wolfgang due to also having that sweet, sweet double damage applied to it in comparison. While I understand that this is mainly a PvE game, that doesn't mean that the game can be wacked balence wise because it appears to be more fun. While I'm not saying the game has to be so balance that power is inherently irreverent between characters, literally having a character double dipping niches makes it harder for others in either to shine through.

I also think that the reincarnation of the perk through no speed penalty while wearing heavy items is much better to play with as it allows you to experiment with often tossed aside items like the marble armor and piggyback as their just straight up upgrades at that point. It's not as useful as straight speed, the way it opens different things to focus on as you play in a world is much more engaging than being able just skip the mag in raid boss fight prep.

Pig Princess    669

I think Wolfgang's speedboost should be tied to low sanity, not to form, mightiness or hunger, and be consistent (non-linear). That way Wolfgang can be fast while mighty or wimpy, but would have more enteractable property with various strategies around maintaining it (other than eating a lot; especially if he will spawn more shadowns and have speed boost while shadows are aggressive or very close to that) and retain his skill ceiling. Also that would give him utility he lacks outside of battle.

Mike23Ua    14617

The additional downsides to Wimpy form was unnecessary considering every other rework hasn’t added downsides that noticeable- if Wimpy Wolfgang has to be Wes levels bad.. then let him have something similar to the Speedy Balloon Wes has- A craftable item tied to how Sane he is that loses durability over time-

If any of you have ever played dead rising 2: the shakes you could mix for temporary buffs that fade over-time.

As far as hitting harder AND moving faster- No: It was broken and I’m glad it finally got hit with as hard of a nerf as Wickers Books already have (and she hasn’t even been reworked yet..)

BeeClops    1575

mind boggling to me that the majority of people voting here actually think fast heavy item carrying is a good compensation for not having speed bonus. Like, it's not even worth discussing, it has nothing to do with it gameplay wise or does it compensate in any way. Carrying statues fast is a very whatever perk, I never thought people think this perk is as good as having extra speed. 

Ohan    4562
Just now, BeeClops said:

Carrying statues fast is a very whatever perk, I never thought people think this perk is as good as having extra speed. 

And piggyback and marble suit, arguably the best armor in the game (materials, durability, protection%)  if u can negate the 30% slow which wolf can now. 

BeeClops    1575
1 minute ago, Ohan said:

And piggyback and marble suit, arguably the best armor in the game (materials, durability, protection%)  if u can negate the 30% slow which wolf can now. 

yeah, very much whatever to me. They're not bad things, but comparing this to general speed boost is ridiculous. We had night armors thelucite suits  and crowns and krampus sacks anyway, it's not like anybody was using a marble suit when kiting enemies. 

dish-order man    518

u know, i'm looking forward this thread all day long! seems to have many profits to debate on.

In my community, people describe the rework of Wolfgang as scrapped because of the remove of speed. some of them think the speed is the core features of Wolfgang, removing this feature just ruin this character. And another players think that speed is a dispensable feature.

As a Wickbottom main, i seldom played Wolfgang, just want to know your opinion.

783645696_QQ20210510142704.jpg.ed5816a135a59d9e48a4af38e018c4a3.jpg

GelatinousCube    1326

100% no. Wimpy doesn't need it either but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if wimpy wolf has speed.

Speed boosts are insanely good in this game, before the first winter and getting a walking cane exploring/moving around the map is so painful and slow.

Speed boosts outside of items should be exclusively for fragile characters like wormwood.

He's already and still will be a boss shredder regardless of the speed boost. 

Those who are flipping out about the speed boost loss seem like they have never played another character properly and just want their easy mode to remain to be brutally honest. He never should have had it in the first place.

You can hit like a truck and be a beast or be weak and do zoomies, having both is absurd and makes one of the hardest aspects of the game into a joke.

I really hope klei don't give in on this one..

If they do they should be going back to every other rework and fixing/removing every and anything else that a minority or majority of people were upset about. Fix Fireproof Falsetto, allow Beaver mode to spawn treeguards, revert all the wicker book changes so she can also be busted again etc.

The holy trio were always going to have controversial reworks but honestly this knee-jerk reaction from so many is out of control.

Stay strong klei!

4 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

They're not bad things, but comparing this to general speed boost is ridiculous. We had night armors thelucite suits  and crowns and krampus sacks anyway, it's not like anybody was using a marble suit when kiting enemies. 

Now you can kite with marble armor with Wolf and him alone. Marble armor is much cheaper than thul suits and doesn't have negative effects like dark armor, it also has a huge durability/amount of hit points.

The speed boost was busted. Him using anything that previously had a speed reduction without suffering one is still huge, marble armor is going to be the new meta for Wolf imo.

Ohan    4562
Just now, BeeClops said:

it's not like anybody was using a marble suit when kiting enemies. 

Well thats because they couldnt feasibly do that though? Only new wolf can completely negate the massive slow and use cane speed on top. 

I think its really neat for characters to have fitting perks with general use items (non char specific) like wanda/wormwood and night armor and now wolfgang and piggyback & marble suit. It enriches his character. 

In a team setting wolf making use of easily farmable marble and leaving the night armor and thul gear to his allies is also a big boon. 

Idk how lucky you are but i spend a very long time with a piggyback before i see my first krampus sack, i dont think its a negligable perk. 

GelatinousCube    1326
13 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

I never thought people think this perk is as good as having extra speed. 

No one is saying it's as good at all. It's a 'compensation' just as the survey says above. Ofc the speed boost is better but it was busted.

BeeClops    1575
Just now, GelatinousCube said:

No one is saying it's as good at all. It's a 'compensation' just as the survey says above. Ofc the speed boost is better but it was busted.

well the poll asks if it's a decent enough compensation. That means if it's comparable, if it's similar. It's absolutely not. 

5 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Idk how lucky you are but i spend a very long time with a piggyback before i see my first krampus sack, i dont think its a negligable perk. 

I agree that the piggyback buff is fine. But again my point is compared to general speed boost they are neglectable perks.

Milordo    610
29 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

As a Wickbottom main, i seldom played Wolfgang, just want to know your opinion.

783645696_QQ20210510142704.jpg.ed5816a135a59d9e48a4af38e018c4a3.jpg

Enjoy Wicker while it lasts ;) 

bruh.gif.d8f04cba2da00cee44fa1530f841c764.gif

hhh2    1112
43 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

mind boggling to me that the majority of people voting here actually think fast heavy item carrying is a good compensation for not having speed bonus. Like, it's not even worth discussing, it has nothing to do with it gameplay wise or does it compensate in any way. Carrying statues fast is a very whatever perk, I never thought people think this perk is as good as having extra speed. 

i'm pretty sure most of those people are just part of the "nerf wolfgang bandwagon, i don't play him anyway" and don't really care what happens aslong as he loses his speedboost. I certainly don't agree and think he should still have his speed boost (especially now, where it can take up to two minutes and cost 4 rocks and some twigs to get it) when mighty. the statues and marble suits should just be a given, even without the rework, as you are right it is a whatever perk and is very inconsequential.

Anyway bro, i think you should just come to terms that old wolfgang is dead and will most likely remain the way he is in the beta with a few number tweaks. It's just time to say goodbye to fun speedruns and find a new character to play. 

BeeClops    1575
Just now, hhh2 said:

i'm pretty sure most of those people are just part of the "nerf wolfgang bandwagon, i don't play him anyway" and don't really care what happens aslong as he loses his speedboost. I certainly don't agree and think he should still have his speed boost (especially now, where it can take up to two minutes and cost 4 rocks and some twigs to get it) when mighty. the statues and marble suits should just be a given, even without the rework, as you are right it is a whatever perk and is very inconsequential.

Anyway bro, i think you should just come to terms that old wolfgang is dead and will most likely remain the way he is in the beta with a few number tweaks. It's just time to say goodbye to fun speedruns and find a new character to play. 

Oh don't worry, I'm at peace with abandoning him for Wanda for a while now. I just don't understand what people that don't play him have to gain from him getting a nerf, it's what always bugged me about the Wolfgang discussions and I never got involved. But now I feel obligated since I've spend to much hours as him and it's kind of a turning point, and it looks like he's gonna join Winona in the nobody ever plays them gang. 

hhh2    1112
1 minute ago, BeeClops said:

Oh don't worry, I'm at peace with abandoning him for Wanda for a while now. I just don't understand what people that don't play him have to gain from him getting a nerf, it's what always bugged me about the Wolfgang discussions and I never got involved. But now I feel obligated since I've spend to much hours as him and it's kind of a turning point, and it looks like he's gonna join Winona in the nobody ever plays them gang. 

IDK really, I guess people are really sensitive about balance in a game PVE game where one of the characters prides themselves on being the worst. I think Klei should have reworked around fun since that's kinda why anybody plays any videogame ever. I don't play wolfgang too much but seeing him get disassembled like this hurts a little inside, ur right he will definatlly get a similar pick rate to walter.

I also love some people's arguments of wolfgang being 'hold f to win' like that isn't every character with enough resources. Wolfgang *was* very general and just made the game faster in general. Joeshomocoolstuff is rolling in his wherever he is right now...

BeeClops    1575
1 minute ago, hhh2 said:

Joeshomocoolstuff is rolling in his wherever he is right now...

Lolol I was thinking about this too today. Joeshomo must be fuming rn :))) 

ArubaroBeefalo    18463
1 minute ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

It seems that nobody cares about the character. They only the loudest care him to be powerful and easy.

so what? is bad to have easier characters? lets nerf to the ground wendy and wigfrid since they are dumber characters than wolfgang

this isnt a moba, lets keep our genitalia inside our cloths

BeeClops    1575
Just now, Frosty_Mentos said:

It seems that nobody cares about the character. They only the loudest care him to be powerful and easy.

if they didn't care before, just wait and see after the refresh.

Anyway idk how you figured that nobody cares, there are 6 topics about him, 3 hot. Surprisingly a lot of people care, even tho it doesn't affect them. 

Pig Princess    669
2 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I care about Wolfgang: about him being no too under- or overpowered, being fun, him having high skill ceiling, him having team interactions to benefit both Wolfgang and teammates (preferably on different stages of the game). Not everyone who is disappoined with proposed changes wants just "easy mode", braindead or Wilson-like gameplay.