Recommended Posts

Kooks    0

Hello, recently I started to play the game with my friend and we faced lag issues. The delay between collecting items and also hitting mobs in tremendous. For example, Coala Elephant can be hit only once instead of four times(from the previous run). 

Is there any recommendation for us so we can return before the previous behavior of the server or play w/o lags at all?

P.S.
Not internet issue (stable 500mb/s internet). Location: Kazakhstan(most probable reason of lags) Even though I launched a dedicated server and we still had the same problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikoFanboy    1775

maybe because of fps drop? don't starve together nowdays required a pretty strong computer to be played despite the requirement on steam store never change :v 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kooks    0
3 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

maybe because of fps drop? don't starve together nowdays required a pretty strong computer to be played despite the requirement on steam store never change :v 

well, AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB 3200MHz RAM and 1050ti i think is enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel86268    516

There's a difference between Bandwidth and Latency.

Bandwidth mentioned in your post is ~500mbit/s. Bandwidth nowadays is rarely the issue, as the only time when bandwidth causes issues is when the network packages are not being able to be sent within a timeframe. Iirc DST needs a few kb/s bandwidth.

Latency would be the time a signal needs to travel from the client to the server (and back). This is usually the issue, most commonly when the Players and the server are in geographicially very distant locations, and/or when the connection goes over many routers. All of which delays the signal and therefore increases latency.

You can't really do anything against latency, besides changing locations, or possibly trying to rent a server that is geographicially somewhat between the users to have each player have approximately half the total latency. Results may vary, and might even be worse, depending on the rented server.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kooks    0
6 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

There's a difference between Bandwidth and Latency.

Bandwidth mentioned in your post is ~500mbit/s. Bandwidth nowadays is rarely the issue, as the only time when bandwidth causes issues is when the network packages are not being able to be sent within a timeframe. Iirc DST needs a few kb/s bandwidth.

Latency would be the time a signal needs to travel from the client to the server (and back). This is usually the issue, most commonly when the Players and the server are in geographicially very distant locations, and/or when the connection goes over many routers. All of which delays the signal and therefore increases latency.

You can't really do anything against latency, besides changing locations, or possibly trying to rent a server that is geographicially somewhat between the users to have each player have approximately half the total latency. Results may vary, and might even be worse, depending on the rented server.

I know about the latency. That's why i mentioned my location. But still, even if I'm my machine is being a host, my friend still experiences lag issues. We live in the same city btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kooks    0
2 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Do they have lag compensation set to predictive? Try setting that to none in the settings and see if that helps.

tried. Didn't help much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kooks    0
On 11/23/2021 at 10:26 PM, lakhnish said:

Do they have lag compensation set to predictive? Try setting that to none in the settings and see if that helps.

Hey, could you please provide me with much more help? Of course, if you have some free time to spend...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lakhnish    3722
2 hours ago, Kooks said:

Hey, could you please provide me with much more help?

Er, I guess disable all mods you both have (that's mean all server AND client-side mods).

Also try hosting your own server with a slot of 1 and see if that's the issue.

If it's happening in your own locally hosted world, best thing I can guess is that your CPU isn't strong enough? Not sure otherwise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DajeKotlyar    505

It's internet issue 100%.

It can be if you and friend on a big distance. Or if he has bad connection. Or if you use mods. Check you ping (backspace while on game)

 

Если на русском будет более понятно:

Это точно проблема с интернетом.

Тут либо плохое соединение у тебя либо друга. Либо между вами большое расстояние. В крайнем случае моды могут грузить слишком сильно. Проверь пинг (бэкспейс в игре)

Edited by DajeKotlyar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duck986    2367

Hmmm, one of the users in my discord server mentioned the same problem and said that this started to happen after Eye for an Eye update. But I don't have anything similar (maybe it's because I'm playing alone, but server still should transfer some info to Klei servers, right?)

Edit: I just tested my server in "Friends Only" mode, and it looks fine

Edited by Duck986

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kooks    0

Note: None of the suggestions above worked so do not spend time reading them unless you didn't search in google

Closing the thread. The solution is found, for anyone who is interested: (works only if you live within the same country/city)

Use Hamachi or RAdmin(in my case), or any other application to make a tunnel between two PCs. 

 

Edited by Kooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now