Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Cookie95

Forumite appreciation post!

Cookie95    371

Not sure if this is allowed, just wanted to see what others have to say. There are many lovely people in the forums and I always look foward to their posts. Two of those are @HowlVoid who is always kind and understanding and  @Toros who is deeply knowledgeable about the game and whose articulate posts I enjoy. Do you have any favourite forum posters?

HowlVoid    8454

spongebob-brain.gif.0308000a4a3878669d3bc7f56d52796c.gif

Spoiler

Thanks for the kind words @Geo95, I try to make a conscious effort to be a kind person but I'm too argumentative for my own good, haha. 

I can get a little bent out of shape because I am very passionate about the game and it is always my hope that I'm not misunderstood. 

I nominate @minespatch for her awesome art but also probably the kindest person on the forum who I have never seen argue with anyone. 

@Mike23Ua for always keeping everyone on their toes.

@Ohan for being an awesome Wormwood main and brother in arms in the forum.

@Dextops For the funny shenanigans they get with me.

@Wendy C. I enjoy their roll play and I read a story of theirs somewhere on the forum and I think they are a great writer.

@Hornete, @QuartzBeam, @lakhnish, @-Variant,  and many others for their contribution to the forums, I see them bug reporting and/or showing neat stuff all the time on the data mining page.

@ShadowDuelist, @Captain_Rage, @I am Armor, who I haven't mentioned yet and like my posts frequently, thanks for the support.

I'm probably forgetting a lot of awesome people on the forum cause I just woke up and I'm hungry. Thanks you everyone, who make the forum an awesome place.

GetNerfedOn    8848

lots of the forum users i really were close to, looked up to or appreciated are now inactive.

so to those who remain, to those who've just entered, to those i haven't really gotten the time to know, i hope y'all are doing wonderfully!

big shoutout to @Hornete for hosting the first DS discord i ever entered (which still feels like home virtually to me to this day), for their help on Rosa and being a very friendly, gracious person overall.

another one for @minespatch for being the one warm constant in the forums through the years. you've never left, always kind, and ready with one of your quirky arts when the time arises lmao 

@ADM too for also being a very friendly and gracious person who helped also out with Rosa, and making Cherry Forest, which i am yet to play haha XD
I must also thank 
@Well-met and @Toros for not only having real in-depth takes on the game, but also being ones who gave me very valuable feedback in the past regarding things i said and did which weren't right.

Mike23Ua    14213

I like to keep things simple: there’s a follow button if you like what someone posts so you can see everything they post (which is actually more annoying to get notified by then it is helpful) AND there is a Block button so you no longer see what someone posts.

GetNerfedOn    8848

Now that this has begun, I think this should be a custom of the forum's. Every year, all of us just gathering in camaraderie on Nov. 7 to celebrate our community and the fine people in it. 

ADM    11022

Oh I just don't know with who to start with or fear to forget anyone so let's just say I love the forums and all the regulars around, wouldn't have sticked here otherwise so thanks everyone for building the community, with or without me.

Szczuku    18607

Alright, I guess. A lot of forumites will probably end up here just because they aren't annoying/arrogant. I respect good people

Also sorry if I mix/exaggerate some details, almost 5 years on these forums are probably starting to clump together in my memory

- @minespatch for the many reasons that people have already stated. You're active pretty much everywhere I happen to look. You probably have the most reaction points on the forums. You just seem like a fun person and your art's cool

- @Russian_Philin you were always nice to me. Also I guess I've often seen you around in the art subforum, weekly art thread and maxwell memes

- @Sinister_Fang tbh I have no idea why but you just resonate chill, lurker vibes and I respect that

- @Hornete while it seems that we often have conflicting opinions I do know that you're quite knowledgeable when it comes to modding and it seems like you're a nice person and I respect that

- @GetNerfedOn a very uniqe person. You have a cool dragonfruit plant and afaik you're the only one who puts so much effort into making tierlists. You just seem like a decent guy.

- @bruhmoment23 a nice fellow to see in the maxwell memes

- @ADM you're a nice person who is active around here and that cherry mod looks cool

- @Canis and @Scrimbles while your opinins about the unforgiveness of dst are probably a bit more extreme than mine I could often agree with what you said (back when dst difficulty threads were common anyways). Also I respect y'all for going out of your way to make a mod.

- @Zeklo if you need lore you talk to him. Also I liked some of your ideas you might've said somewhere in the past

Hmm I guess thats it. Tbh if I've seen you long enough on these forums and you aren't an annoying person, I'll probably start thinking of you as a colleague

kittem    942

shout out to the person on the forums who has their icon as taii from wonderlab (forgot the username, but it's taii with a mustache edited on them), also to bruhmoment23 for sending me lobcorp memes when they realized i had an icon from the game!! shared interests are fun :D
also shout out to one of my favorite artists dragonhead, and also sunset sky

and everyone who i see who reacts to my pics in the art forum!!!!! 

in general, you come to recognize people on the forums even when you have never talked at all! there are people i see reply and i'm like, "yep, thats the one who [blank]". its a community! so lets all have fun together! <3