Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Halloween 2021 Costume and Fan Art Event

JoeW    42658

halloween-event.png

Last year we decided to throw a costume and fan art event to celebrate Halloween. We all had so much fun we couldn't pass up the chance to do it again.

Send us a picture of your costume or an image celebrating Halloween 2021 and we’ll send you a treat. If you don’t have a costume to share, just send us an image of something fun and seasonal. Send us something spooky or something seasonal. Anything you like, Día de los Muertos, All Saints Day or even just some cool painting of Fall Leaves. Made some awesome apple cider muffins last night? Draw a note with "Klei Halloween 2021" take a pic and submit it! Make the community smile. Show us what this time of the year means to you. 

For participating you’ll receive a random set of Halloween skins in Don’t Starve Together on the account used to submit. With your permission, we’ll share our favorites with the community.

RULES TO QUALIFY: Failure to follow the rules will disqualify the submission. 

1. You must be at least 18 years old or have parental permission to submit.
  2. The image must be your own and taken for the purpose of this submission.
  3. Your photo or image MUST include a handwritten sign with “Klei Halloween 2021” in it.
  4. No tricks for treats! You must “try” to have an interesting or funny costume or image.
  5. If you don’t want to post a costume, cool. Post something else Fall or Halloween related that follows the other entry rules. An In-game Costume, Fan Art, Jack o’ Lantern or spooky scene.
  6. All images must be PG - any inappropriate images will be deleted and blocked from participating.
  7. Costumes aren’t required to be related to Klei or Klei games to get a reward (though they are welcome, of course!).
  8. Qualifying images will receive a reward even if you choose not to allow us to share them publicly.
  9. As with any community submission, event rules are subject to change.
  10. Participating submissions will be shared here on the forums the next day. 

We will be accepting submissions between October 28th and November 2nd (Pacific Time).

Submissions are now closed

Item rewards will be granted upon verification that all the above rules have been followed on your submission. Have fun

Tips for getting your submission approved. 

• The image should be made by you and for this event specifically
  • If it's an in-game screenshot say "Klei Halloween 2021!" in chat.
  • It should be a handwritten note on paper for IRL images. For digital art, decorate your "Klei Halloween 2021" message, even if you can't draw. (You can get accepted just for the note!)
  • It doesn't need to be good. It just needs to be yours. 
  • We won't approve some picture found online - send us something YOU made. 
  • If you're just sending somebody else's submission, it won't be approved. Just doodle a thing and get some skins. It's easier than photoshopping somebody else's thing.

To participate click here: https://accounts.klei.com/account/halloween

Day 1: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/134908-klei-halloween-2021-event-submissions-day-1/
Day 2: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/134943-klei-halloween-2021-event-submissions-day-2/

Day 3: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/134972-klei-halloween-2021-event-submissions-day-3/
Day 4: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/135006-klei-halloween-2021-event-submissions-day-4/

Day 5: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/135041-klei-halloween-2021-event-submissions-day-5-final-day/

TaschDraws    797

Just making sure - I know it says things don't have to explicitly be Klei-only, but also that this is posted in Don't Starve Together forums. Are entries about other Klei games allowed or are events DST-focused this year?

JoeW    42658
1 minute ago, TaschDraws said:

Just making sure - I know it says things don't have to explicitly be Klei-only, but also that this is posted in Don't Starve Together forums. Are entries about other Klei games allowed or are events DST-focused this year?

Absolutely! Really looking forward to yours! =)

X-lem    792

Didn't think you'd all do this again this year. Super excited for it again. Gives me an excuse to carve a pumpkin!

Echsrick    3348

so kleki paint time or nah? i promise everything will be alright i mean technicaly i alredy made something halloween like drawing but that was like beggining of the month and not anything klei things even if rule say what ever but eh what ever so well now time to make something new that has something dont starve theme in some sort of way

Fenneko 06Z    4

Godness gracious am I grateful that I can draw the fanart ! :yaypigs:
I was supposing that it was a costume ONLY event ... But if you think about it , not a lot of people would perticipate total then ! Thanks Klei :)

JoeW    42658
13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

@JoeW are screenshot still accepted? if so is applied the same rule of writing in the ingame chat: "klei halloween night 202X"?since handwritten would be difficult

That would be the ideal way to handle ingame screenshots yes. It's all there in the post. =)

nome    6919
8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

@JoeW are screenshot still accepted? if so is applied the same rule of writing in the ingame chat: "klei halloween night 202X"?since handwritten would be difficult

Yes, that should be fine. The goal here is to make sure you're not taking some picture you already had or stole off google and then photoshopping the text onto it. If you're making something new it's clear that you made it for this event then you should be fine.

We _want_ to give you skins! Last year we had all sorts of silly people putting effort into hiding the fact they were stealing other people's art and we kept scratching our heads because it would have been so much less work to just take a picture of a sign with the right text. :P

Mike23Ua    14255

My Halloween costume this year is most certainly not PG so I’m going to have to take a few days to re-evaluate and come up with something else to submit- I doubt I’ll be able to top my last years submission.. so don’t get your hopes up too high on that.

You guys have to understand that when my family does Holidays.. we do it BIG.. like well here’s a Christmas example: this is a Christmas tree made entirely out of Budweiser cans where we cut the tops off the cans and shoved Christmas lights down into.

BD310D70-9AF7-4DDA-8CE9-8D4357CE141A.thumb.jpeg.6d8826156e5eab520e6e5728152aa44f.jpeg

In honor of Holiday festivities I felt like sharing this with you guys. :) 

Have Fun everyone!

Echsrick    3348

@JoeW do i get like a notification of some sort if the thing i sent in was correst or if i somehow dit something wrong? because i am not realy sure if i done it correct or not

JoeW    42658
2 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

@JoeW do i get like a notification of some sort if the thing i sent in was correst or if i somehow dit something wrong? because i am not realy sure if i done it correct or not

You can either go back to the submission page, or check your transaction history. At the point that I started this reply everything has been reviewed, so you should have something if it was accepted. 

Echsrick    3348
58 minutes ago, JoeW said:

You can either go back to the submission page, or check your transaction history. At the point that I started this reply everything has been reviewed, so you should have something if it was accepted. 

oh cool it seems i done it corectly thanks for lettin me know that it worked