Benchmark Testing of Spaced out

8 minutes ago, JohnFrancis said:

Out of curiosity did you restart ONI after each test or did you just reload from inside the game? The game has terrible RAM management and it fails to release memory if you reload from inside the game. So to load another save you should exit and restart ONI first. Might explain the drastic drop off.

I know that you were not asking me, but I can tell you how I ran my tests.

My first 2 tests were after my computer had been running for 3 days straight and had been used for about 8-10 hrs per day.  I did not close and restart the game between tests.

My times were 151, then 144.

Then I wanted to check the settings in the bios, but my bios did not have the XMP settings.  However, I did notice that it allowed for overclocking, so it turned it up to full.

Then, when I restarted and ran the tests 4 more times, the settings were not very consistent, and they were also not any better than without overclocking.  I did not close and restart the game between tests.

The next set were 141,150,170,154.  So this might be due to the memory issues you mentioned

As I was watching each test, I noticed that the game would freeze for 1-3 secs many times throughout the tests.  This is where I think most of the inconsistency came from on my computer.

Time : 1:58 or 118 seconds
CPU : Intel(R) Core (TM) i9-10900K CPU @3.70GHz (20 CPUs) `3.7GHz
Graphics Card : RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
RAM : 32 GB DDR4 3200 (1600MHz) (Though my task manager says it's running at 2933MHz...)
CAS : 21, 22, 23, 24 

HDD: Intel Raid 2TB SSD

I'd like to add that this is an Alienware 51m R2 laptop. I never OC. I didn't have time to restart before I ran the test. Sorry.

Edit: Also, I ran three tests... first came to 1:59, second was 1:58, and the third was 1:58. 

4 hours ago, Tuberi said:

You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand

i understand the numbers. and manual say i can add there 4333 mhz memory as o.c. there is most likely more, i just typed what i saw currently selling in my shop.

and i also say. i not know what motherboard he have

also while you stuck to your 3600 or whatever you have

company like G.skill selling already 5333 mhz for intel cpus motherboards

Time : ~2:13 / 133s
CPU : Ryzen 3900x
Graphics card : NVIDIA GTX 970
RAM : (2x16GB) 32GB @ 3200MHz
CAS : Too lazy to find it
HDD : Game files on a new nvme SSD (Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus), Save files on an old SATA SSD (SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series)

I can see why you don't like reloading the game in your videos, it takes my system about the same amount of time to load the save file from the title screen to the first pause as it does to run the test.

G'day John Francis love the video's here my results

Time : 2:20 or 140 seconds, without a restart 2:30(150 Sec)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor  3.89(base) GHz I was running at (4.15)
Graphics card : RTX 2060
RAM : 16GB 3600mhz

CAS : 16/18/18/36
HDD : SSD: Kingston 1TB A2000 M.2 NVMe

Ps i started looking at alot of the other submitted results some of the older CPU did absolutely amazing, and what i noticed a few of the OC Cpu absolutely blitzed the others of the same type saving as much as 20% time. So if you have a good cooler you consider a mild to large overclock, and gain 20% or possibly more or less. and if fans need to be load to do it see if thunder ports and wired extenders and put your pc in another room. In the end i look forward to what you do and what you produce with it.

This might actually be the first time that I think about upgrading...  My system has been going solid for almost 10 years.

Time : 3:01:37 ( 181 seconds)
CPU : Intel i5-2500k overclocked to 4.0GHz
Graphics card : Nvidia GTX 1050ti
RAM : 16Gb DDR-3 overclocked to 2133MHz

CAS : 11/11/11/30 1T

The savegame was running at about 8 fps.  My CPU was running at 62% (looks like dual threaded on a 4 core CPU) and GPU running at about 7%.  Zooming out increased the GPU load a bit.

2 hours ago, Screwygirl said:

Time : 1:58 or 118 seconds
CPU : Intel(R) Core (TM) i9-10900K CPU @3.70GHz (20 CPUs) `3.7GHz
Graphics Card : RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
RAM : 32 GB DDR4 3200 (1600MHz) (Though my task manager says it's running at 2933MHz...)
CAS : 21, 22, 23, 24 

HDD: Intel Raid 2TB SSD

I'd like to add that this is an Alienware 51m R2 laptop. I never OC. I didn't have time to restart before I ran the test. Sorry.

Edit: Also, I ran three tests... first came to 1:59, second was 1:58, and the third was 1:58. 

That's bcos your ram is running at this clock. Given ram set has a maximum performance it can run at (without overvolting and playing with real OC), mostly realized thru XMPs which are basically saved sets of parameters for it to run stable. Sorta like load function for "slight" overclocking done for you. You can "loosen" the memory setting by running it at lower frequency but tighter timings or just loosen it all for some sort of undervolting or something if you have overheating issues or something.
The point is, if the memory which is supposed to run at 3200 MHz reports as 2933 it most likely runs at this clock. Tho windows might not respect your xmp for some reason so i suggest you double check in bios if it's enabled or DL cpu-z, it's a small diagnostic program.

45 minutes ago, tyraelpl said:

That's bcos your ram is running at this clock. Given ram set has a maximum performance it can run at (without overvolting and playing with real OC), mostly realized thru XMPs which are basically saved sets of parameters for it to run stable. Sorta like load function for "slight" overclocking done for you. You can "loosen" the memory setting by running it at lower frequency but tighter timings or just loosen it all for some sort of undervolting or something if you have overheating issues or something.
The point is, if the memory which is supposed to run at 3200 MHz reports as 2933 it most likely runs at this clock. Tho windows might not respect your xmp for some reason so i suggest you double check in bios if it's enabled or DL cpu-z, it's a small diagnostic program.

Ahh, I see. There isn't an XMP option in my BIOS, one of the irritating quirks of my laptop model. The only option it gives me is to enable overclocking, which I don't like doing. I do have CPU-Z, and it is extremely helpful.

5 minutes ago, Screwygirl said:

Ahh, I see. There isn't an XMP option in my BIOS, one of the irritating quirks of my laptop model. The only option it gives me is to enable overclocking, which I don't like doing. I do have CPU-Z, and it is extremely helpful.

Do you happen to have a DOCP setting? It's what Asus calls XMP in their bios. Could also just be that the laptop doesn't have that option and you would need to manually overclock the memory which is a bit more involved than just turning on XMP

I didn't read through all five pages, but I'm guessing this is going to be one of the worst times. Behold, my engineering sample CPU's mighty 2.2 GHz cores!

Time : 03:56
CPU : Xeon 6138F Engineering Sample (QL1L)
Graphics card : GTX 1080 Ti
RAM : 24GB DDR4 2000 (yes, 2000)

CAS : 15
HDD : Samsung 960 Pro 512GB PCI-e NVME SSD

Yeah...I have a weird computer. You'd be surprised how well this thing games. Max settings, 1440p@144Hz. Even VR works great.

23 minutes ago, Tuberi said:

Do you happen to have a DOCP setting? It's what Asus calls XMP in their bios. Could also just be that the laptop doesn't have that option and you would need to manually overclock the memory which is a bit more involved than just turning on XMP

DOCP is AMD's XMP

Hi Francis, 

Low Spec gamer here. i have a 28w MAX CPU for this test. (its running on the Onexplayer) But it does show the power of the new 11th Gen Intel..  but I agree with your 5900X choice. 

Time : 2:16
CPU : Intel 1165G7 2.8ghz

Graphics card : inbuilt xe 96 EU
RAM : 16GB 4267MHz

wow that file was slooow to load. 

As i can't seem to edit my post, i tried a few things  as i recalled when i first built my pc had strange throttling issues that were solved when i changed my pc off the balanced to the performance to give other aspects of my own pc, i re ran all of the tests

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor  3.89(base) GHz I was running at (4.15)
Graphics card : RTX 2060
RAM : 16GB 3600mhz

Power Saver 3.41 or 221sec 2.21 ghz
High Performance  2:16 or 136 seconds 4.17ghz 
Balanced  2:17 or 137 seconds 4.17ghz 
Ryzen Balanced 2:19 or 139 seconds 4.17ghz 
Ryzen Performance 2:25 145 seconds at 4.17ghz 

Old Pc

CPU :Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz  
Graphics card : Amd hd 7750
RAM : 8GB 1333mhz DDR3
Performance 5:31     331s @ 3.5ghz
Balanced       5:20     320s @ 3.5ghz
Power Saver  7:51    471s  @ 1.6ghz     

So long story short if your speed is very low check your power mode. 

I also tested the auto OC of Ryzen master it only increased the speed to 4.19 so if you do try to OC it have to be a large OC like 4.5+ghz to really start to get real cycle time improvements. anyway good luck with the upgrade an i hope this helps

10 hours ago, SilicalNZ said:

Time : 2:56 or 176 seconds
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Graphics card : GTX 1060 6GB
RAM : 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz

CAS : 18
HDD : Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB (Dual boot win/linux)

Forgot to mention, but this was running on a 3440x1440 monitor. I can't imagine the rendering to be a huge part of this benchmarking. But it's worth mentioning anyway.

12 minutes ago, SilicalNZ said:

Forgot to mention, but this was running on a 3440x1440 monitor. I can't imagine the rendering to be a huge part of this benchmarking. But it's worth mentioning anyway.

i think you can increase speed when you lower the game resolution, 10-20 sec depends what res you take 

I have 2 video cards so ran test on both. Also windowed vs fullscreen. Didn't make a huge difference.

Time : 2:20 (140 seconds) - (see more details after machine info)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 3.8Ghz
Graphics card : AMD Radeon RX 5700XT & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
RAM : 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz

CAS : 16,19,19,38
HDD : Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Detailed Speed Results
--------------------------------

AMD Radeon RX 5700XT
Windowed (How I usually run ONI): 
   3440x1440 144hz - 2:20 (140 seconds)
Fullscreen:
   1920x1080 144hz - 2:21 (141 seconds)
   1920x1080 60hz - 2:23 (143 seconds)
   3440x1440 144hz - 2:20 (140 seconds)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Fullscreen:
   1920x1080 60hz - 2:16 (136 seconds)

35 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

i think you can increase speed when you lower the game resolution, 10-20 sec depends what res you take 

I don't think it will change anything, I ran this at 2560x1440 probably  only when u have a bottleneck in the GPU

Even then when you run at cycle 2xxx I don't think the GPU will be a bottleneck anymore because of the lower fps.

3 minutes ago, Kerdeld said:

I don't think it will change anything, I ran this at 2560x1440 probably  only when u have a bottleneck in the GPU

Even then when you run at cycle 2xxx I don't think the GPU will be a bottleneck anymore because of the lower fps.

test at 1024x768 . look if you can hit the 100 sec

8 hours ago, JohnFrancis said:

Out of curiosity did you restart ONI after each test or did you just reload from inside the game? The game has terrible RAM management and it fails to release memory if you reload from inside the game. So to load another save you should exit and restart ONI first. Might explain the drastic drop off.

No, only the first test was run on the clear game, further tests were done via reloading inside game. The 3rd and 4th tests were slower because i was actively trying to load my computer with work, especially 3rd time when I plugged in 2nd monitor and watched videos on it at the same time as testing. 

Archived