JohnFrancis

Benchmark Testing of Spaced out

Recommended Posts

StB155    2

Time : 1:52 / 112 sec.
CPU : Ryzen 7 5800X
Graphics card : RTX 3090 trinity oc
RAM : 2*16GB

CAS : 3400/14/15/15/35 (XMP-200MHz)
HDD : Corsair MP600pro 2TB

 

2022084200_Screenshot2021-10-02113813.png.b01a346fb2b6896397fb804b5b494b38.png1164085079_Screenshot2021-10-02113022.png.f0b9bd7625d80af5262be1d097ffbf5c.png1302035497_Screenshot2021-10-02112734.png.d64fefe20b799fcebc2ccb0ec5cdaeb3.png571605130_Screenshot2021-10-02111153.png.f009d1314c710cce87e46e764050fea8.png

Screenshot 2021-10-02 112734.png

Edited by StB155

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tracc    19
On 9/27/2021 at 11:14 PM, lautasdf said:

The power of Sweeping the hell out of the floor!! Are you a follower of Francis' Series? He has great tips and tricks to overcome performance hits.

I Folow Franci, Nathans Sandbox and Luma Plays.FJ is of course the god of ONI, but I like Nathans sandboxs approach "Ultimate base 2.0"  he is really optimizing the planets for performance and he doesnt use many exploits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rattja    3

Late to the party, but wanted to check how mine held up and represent the 4790k crew. My current rig is starting to get a bit old, but despite it's age it still preforms surprisingly well.

Time : 2:52 (172 sec)
CPU : Intel i7-4790K CPU 4.00Ghz (running at around 4.2)
Graphics card : GeForce GTX 1080
RAM : 16 GB DDR3 1867 MHz

CAS : 10/11/10/30
HDD : Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500G SCSI

Edited by Rattja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
10 hours ago, tracc said:

I Folow Franci, Nathans Sandbox and Luma Plays.FJ is of course the god of ONI, but I like Nathans sandboxs approach "Ultimate base 2.0"  he is really optimizing the planets for performance and he doesnt use many exploits.

if you clean map you get 100 sec with this kind test

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnoBuddy    16

Time : 126 seconds
CPU : 3900x with CCX OC to 4.35ghz
Graphics card : EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming
RAM : 2x16gb 3600

CAS : 18-20-10-20-38
HDD : 1TB WD Black 850 NVME

Attached image is Ryzen Master CCX overclock for reference

Screenshot 2021-10-03 115212.png

Time : 126 seconds
CPU : 3900x with worst core disabled and CCX OC to 4.425ghz
Graphics card : EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming
RAM : 2x16gb 3600

CAS : 18-20-10-20-38
HDD : 1TB WD Black 850 NVME

Attached image is Ryzen Master CCX overclock for reference

Screenshot 2021-10-03 120737.png

Time : 126 seconds
CPU : 3900x with one core disabled and CCX OC to 4.5ghz
Graphics card : EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming
RAM : 2x16gb 3600

CAS : 18-20-10-20-38
HDD : 1TB WD Black 850 NVME

Attached image is Ryzen Master CCX overclock for reference

Screenshot 2021-10-03 121426.png

As you can see no difference in times which means the benefit from faster cores breaks even with the loss of a core on each CCX and loss of SMT.

Edited by KnoBuddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
40 minutes ago, KnoBuddy said:

Time : 126 seconds
CPU : 3900x with CCX OC to 4.35ghz
Graphics card : EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming
RAM : 2x16gb 3600

CAS : 18-20-10-20-38
HDD : 1TB WD Black 850 NVME

Attached image is Ryzen Master CCX overclock for reference

Screenshot 2021-10-03 115212.png

Time : 126 seconds
CPU : 3900x with worst core disabled and CCX OC to 4.425ghz
Graphics card : EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming
RAM : 2x16gb 3600

CAS : 18-20-10-20-38
HDD : 1TB WD Black 850 NVME

Attached image is Ryzen Master CCX overclock for reference

Screenshot 2021-10-03 120737.png

Time : 126 seconds
CPU : 3900x with one core disabled and CCX OC to 4.5ghz
Graphics card : EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming
RAM : 2x16gb 3600

CAS : 18-20-10-20-38
HDD : 1TB WD Black 850 NVME

Attached image is Ryzen Master CCX overclock for reference

Screenshot 2021-10-03 121426.png

As you can see no difference in times which means the benefit from faster cores breaks even with the loss of a core on each CCX and loss of SMT.

i dont know why but i to feel you could increase speed atleast 10 sec

maybe because you use currently CAS : 18-20-10-20-38 and 3600

 

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnoBuddy    16
9 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

i dont know why but i to feel you could increase speed atleast 10 sec

maybe because you use currently CAS : 18-20-10-20-38 and 3600

 

My RAM is rated at 3200 16-18-18-18-34. So...

I could pump more volts into the CPU and see what clocks I could get but that RAM is basically maxxed out. It's Samsung C-DIE and it doesn't have much room for adjusting the main clocks or frequency and more voltage doesn't help, in fact it actually hurts the OC anything above 1.37v.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
4 minutes ago, KnoBuddy said:

My RAM is rated at 3200 16-18-18-18-34. So...

I could pump more volts into the CPU and see what clocks I could get but that RAM is basically maxxed out. It's Samsung C-DIE and it doesn't have much room for adjusting the main clocks or frequency and more voltage doesn't help, in fact it actually hurts the OC anything above 1.37v.

yes your ram. but i more talked those rams what is in shop

your time is not bad tho. some guys with 5900 have same time

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
On 9/27/2021 at 10:18 PM, Kerdeld said:

GPU (which has no effect on this benchmark)

actually i notice that when i overclock my lappy gpu memory aka increase MHz i was able get more fps in main menu and also in beginning game

in this test i not notice speed either but i think i know why. when CPU is soo over used it start  add less data to GPU and then GPU not have anymore full potential

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingy10005    4

Time : 1:53
CPU : 5600x
Graphics card : 3060 ti
RAM : 32GB 3200hz 
CAS : 16-18-18-36
HDD : Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB

From what i could see most of my system wasnt even being used i was around 15 GB of ram usage and only one core was at 65 % usage rest where around 25 % and my card was about 30 % usage. seems more of a game engine limitation than hardware since its unable to fully utilise a system

 

i ran the test again with limited amount of cores to 4 set in task manager and got same amount of time lol

 

:)

Edited by kingy10005
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
11 hours ago, kingy10005 said:

Time : 1:53
CPU : 5600x
Graphics card : 3060 ti
RAM : 32GB 3200hz 
CAS : 16-18-18-36
HDD : Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB

From what i could see most of my system wasnt even being used i was around 15 GB of ram usage and only one core was at 65 % usage rest where around 25 % and my card was about 30 % usage. seems more of a game engine limitation than hardware since its unable to fully utilise a system

 

i ran the test again with limited amount of cores to 4 set in task manager and got same amount of time lol

 

:)

game use too much ddr ram . they should start use gddr ram instead, as that what i see atm

i been also thinking what if they made some sort parallel support that you can start use more pc if you end the limit for pc

that you make a home cluster or something

lol

 

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arvenil    59

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

2,9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

OSX: 3:24

MAC: 3:12

Sadly unplayable. Steady 8 FPS, with rare, but periodical, freezes (1 FPS afterwards).

Yeah, I know it's not a gaming laptop :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dezixn    0
On 9/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, dezixn said:

Time : 1:59 or 119 seconds
CPU : Intel i7-10700K @ 5.2 GHz (Hyperthread off)
Graphics Card : Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC
RAM : 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHz 

CAS: 19, 19, 19, 43

WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD 1Ttb

Couldn't get my system stable with my DRAM XMP profile with slightly lower CAS and 3200mhz while maintaining 5.2 GHz. A better OC'er probably could but this was semi quick and dirty for me.

It sure seems that even with my slightly outdated Intel the most important factor is raw CPU speed. I've considered upgrading and while the newest generation CPUs are better, they don't seem THAT much better to justify the price. I suppose we'll find out with these benchmarks. May definitely consider at least a high end RAM upgrade pending these results.

Thanks for all you do FJ. An official response for Klei would be nice also.

I decided to upgrade my RAM and retest this.

Time : 1:51 or 111 seconds
CPU : Intel i7-10700K @ 5.2 GHz (Hyperthread off)
Graphics Card : Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC
RAM : 32 GB DDR4 4000 MHz 

CAS: 18-22-22--42

WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD 1Ttb

Was $200 worth a 6.7% increase? IDK, but I do play a lot of simulation games so it is what it is. Plus it looks cool https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TQVC3HR

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cpy    621

In oni HDD speed is irrelevant, the only thing matters is:

1. CPU speed in single core

2. RAM amount and speed

3. Not integrated GPU is pretty much almost good as you can get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
2 hours ago, dezixn said:

I decided to upgrade my RAM and retest this.

Time : 1:51 or 111 seconds
CPU : Intel i7-10700K @ 5.2 GHz (Hyperthread off)
Graphics Card : Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC
RAM : 32 GB DDR4 4000 MHz 

CAS: 18-22-22--42

WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD 1Ttb

Was $200 worth a 6.7% increase? IDK, but I do play a lot of simulation games so it is what it is. Plus it looks cool https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TQVC3HR

 

for every cycle with this test you get 16 sec win. i would say yes if you not plan buy new pc anytime soon

for you also means it takes allot longer to drop back to 119 sec. aka you can have more animations and soo on

if you had already 3800 before and then upgrade to 4000 you probaply not win almost nothing but as you had only 3000 your jump is good

and by looking stats you get same result  as Ryzen 7 5800X. what cost more atleast in my shop than i7-10700K

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Durandal337    0

Sorry for delay, I don't pop in here much

 

 

Nope my 4th row is 1066Mhz 16.0 15 15 36 51
Now that I see that I should probably go poke around the BIOS and see what's wrong.

@gabberworld
I'm leaving things as they are and going to upgrade the whole Core once the current gen CPU and Chipsets settle in a bit, so I'm taking notes from everything here. Gotta recharge the savings account after building 2.5 (cheap) computers and paying for a holiday.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time : 2:21
CPU : Intel i7-4790k @ 4.00 GHz
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM : 16 GB DDR3 (2x8) 

CAS : (will update if I figure it out, sorry)
HDD : SeagateST3000 3 TB 7200 RPM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
On 10/8/2021 at 8:18 AM, Durandal337 said:

@gabberworld

 

I'm leaving things as they are and going to upgrade the whole Core once the current gen CPU and Chipsets settle in a bit, so I'm taking notes from everything here. Gotta recharge the savings account after building 2.5 (cheap) computers and paying for a holiday.... 

its ok, no worries. it was just info anyway.

in meantime. i try overclock my laptop. but first i need mod bios as oc is disabled by default

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cpy    621

Time with mods enabled: 2:13

Spoiler

Travel Tube Anywhere, Heavy Batteries, Debris Melts to Debris, More Food Variety, Efficient Supply, Pliers Fixed, Simpler Pip Plant Rule, Stairs, Thermal Tooltips, Fast Save, Refresh Immigrants, Mod Updater, Thermal Interface Plate, Settings Change tool, Better Automation Overlay, Better Info Cards, No splash screen, Show Building Ranges, Deconstruct Only Buildings, Mineral Processing, Ranching Skill Increase, Butcher and Fishing stations, Geyser Calculated Average Output.

Time without mods: 1:59

CPU : Intel i9-9990k @ 3.6GHz
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti
RAM : 32 GB DDR4 (2x16) 

CAS : 15-17-17-36-69 (nice)
HDD : SSD Samsung 4TB QVO

 

Anyone who suggested to disable mods to get more performance: You are useless! This is borderline unnoticeable!

Edited by cpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
1 hour ago, cpy said:

Time with mods enabled: 2:13

  Reveal hidden contents

Travel Tube Anywhere, Heavy Batteries, Debris Melts to Debris, More Food Variety, Efficient Supply, Pliers Fixed, Simpler Pip Plant Rule, Stairs, Thermal Tooltips, Fast Save, Refresh Immigrants, Mod Updater, Thermal Interface Plate, Settings Change tool, Better Automation Overlay, Better Info Cards, No splash screen, Show Building Ranges, Deconstruct Only Buildings, Mineral Processing, Ranching Skill Increase, Butcher and Fishing stations, Geyser Calculated Average Output.

Time without mods: 1:59

CPU : Intel i9-9990k @ 3.6GHz
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti
RAM : 32 GB DDR4 (2x16) 

CAS : 15-17-17-36-69 (nice)
HDD : SSD Samsung 4TB QVO

 

Anyone who suggested to disable mods to get more performance: You are useless! This is borderline unnoticeable!

you get the 2:13 with mods enable 133 sec

what means you losing at every cycle somewhere 1min for your real game time

prefect result should be at 100 sec

if it would be time race challenge for example who launch the rocket first for example.

user who have faster cycle times wins as he can todo much more at same time

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GScully    4

Some late testing for me, 

Windows 11

Time : 1m 46 40
CPU : 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz
Graphics card : ATI RX480 8G RAM
RAM : 32G DDR4 3200 Mhz
CAS : Default 
HDD : Corsair MP600 SSD M2 1Tb -Game Drive, 1T SSD SATA3 for Docs drive.

Edited by GScully
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
babba    2126
2 hours ago, GScully said:

Some late testing for me, 

Windows 11

Time : 1m 46 40
CPU : 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz
Graphics card : ATI RX480 8G RAM
RAM : 32G DDR4 3200 Mhz
CAS : Default 
HDD : Corsair MP600 SSD M2 1Tb -Game Drive, 1T SSD SATA3 for Docs drive.

Thanks for sharing :distracted: If this would be my cpu I would switch of Hyperthreading and have cores running at 5GHz, but it entails messing with tech stuff and the risk of breaking things + $ dollares. ONI only needs 2 cores, game could run 30% faster. Modern 2-4 cores with high permanent base clock and large cpu caches are perfect for the game ( and most other games ). Achieving a permanent and high base clock can be a big challenge to undertake, no easy feat.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16857/overclocking-with-intel-rocket-lake-four-core-i911900k-binned-and-analyzed/7

Hope you can enjoy ONI :beguiled: Sending you a nice warm coffee and wishing you lots of ONI fun. :love_heart:

In a perfect world there would be new $500 - $1000 top range 2 core cpu`s with a high permanent base rate , they would rock so heavy with a lot of games. Of course, more cores sound great in marketing and they are superb for multi core software. I better stop dreaming now :lol: Anyways, people tend to play a lot of 3D anyway and spend $2000 on a graphic card which sucks 500 Watts, gnhihihi. Soon we need a power generator truck and a solar farm to run our machines.

Edited by babba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    350
37 minutes ago, babba said:

Thanks for sharing :distracted: If this would be my cpu I would switch of Hyperthreading and have cores running at 5GHz, but it entails messing with tech stuff and the risk of breaking things + $ dollares. ONI only needs 2 cores, game could run 30% faster. Modern 2-4 cores with high permanent base clock and large cpu caches are perfect for the game ( and most other games ). Achieving a permanent and high base clock can be a big challenge to undertake, no easy feat.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16857/overclocking-with-intel-rocket-lake-four-core-i911900k-binned-and-analyzed/7

Hope you can enjoy ONI :beguiled: Sending you a nice warm coffee and wishing you lots of ONI fun. :love_heart:

In a perfect world there would be new $500 - $1000 top range 2 core cpu`s with a high permanent base rate , they would rock so heavy with a lot of games. Of course, more cores sound great in marketing and they are superb for multi core software. I better stop dreaming now :lol: Anyways, people tend to play a lot of 3D anyway and spend $2000 on a graphic card which sucks 500 Watts, gnhihihi. Soon we need a power generator truck and a solar farm to run our machines.

actually power numbers not changed much. there been tests that you not need  2x1000w power supply's like i have for my 2 dell servers

750w should be ok most senarious if you overclocking but i can be wrong tho. 500w i not really recommend use this days. new pcs. there been tests that they almost hit already 500 in last years. soo 500w not have much room left for any kind higher modification

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GScully    4
20 hours ago, babba said:

Thanks for sharing :distracted: If this would be my cpu I would switch of Hyperthreading and have cores running at 5GHz, but it entails messing with tech stuff and the risk of breaking things + $ dollares. ONI only needs 2 cores, game could run 30% faster. Modern 2-4 cores with high permanent base clock and large cpu caches are perfect for the game ( and most other games ). Achieving a permanent and high base clock can be a big challenge to undertake, no easy feat.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16857/overclocking-with-intel-rocket-lake-four-core-i911900k-binned-and-analyzed/7

Hope you can enjoy ONI :beguiled: Sending you a nice warm coffee and wishing you lots of ONI fun. :love_heart:

In a perfect world there would be new $500 - $1000 top range 2 core cpu`s with a high permanent base rate , they would rock so heavy with a lot of games. Of course, more cores sound great in marketing and they are superb for multi core software. I better stop dreaming now :lol: Anyways, people tend to play a lot of 3D anyway and spend $2000 on a graphic card which sucks 500 Watts, gnhihihi. Soon we need a power generator truck and a solar farm to run our machines.

Actually, I'm an IT guy so I know how to do it, thing is the game and others seem to crash more often if you over clock. But I have other apps that will use more cores(vm's for example). The only time I really see lag is on the saves, I've switched to local saves and it seems a bit better.

I am enjoying ONI, I think I"m over 4280 hours now, thou most of that is afk time.,

  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now