Sign in to follow this  
Maris

Update Issues

Maris    236

Have you ever had a situation where there are no bugs in your mod, but users still complain?

dst_update_issues.thumb.png.d4f0f2ef5ad0ef9f4f0db58dabbe14c6.png

Offhand, I can say that there really is a bug in the update process.

Some people complain that even the name of the mod is buggy: it contains "workshop" plus numbers. This could indicate missing or damaged files.

We have already discussed and even implemented a feature called "version_compatible". I use this feature. It may be source of issues too.

penguin0616    1297
On 9/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, Maris said:

Have you ever had a situation where there are no bugs in your mod, but users still complain?

Frequently.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, Maris said:

Some people complain that even the name of the mod is buggy: it contains "workshop" plus numbers. This could indicate missing or damaged files.

This is a file permissions issue on the user's side. Your Show Me (Origin) mod was originally a v1 mod since it hadn't been updated in a long time, so it was stored in the mods directory. Now that you have updated it, it is a v2 mod and is stored at Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330. I have seen that installation location is one of the possible reasons for the issue.

• Like 1

Maris    236
On 9/23/2021 at 8:32 PM, penguin0616 said:

This is a file permissions issue on the user's side.

I think devs can patch the game so it will use "workshop\content" as cache folder too. I mean the game can count all versions in all folders and pick the best one.