Sign in to follow this  
ZnSstr

Recreational Module

ZnSstr    89

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been suggested, but could you add the old module that used to destress a dupe while having a space trip? I think a great repurpose would be to be a module dedicated only for the Furniture tab and Oxygen, the best would be adding a special menu that shows custom furniture for that module and can be built only in that module/rocket, like don't starve special tabs for characters. Everything feels so cramped right now, would be cool when its sleep time they just go up or down a hatch and live in that module, or even better show both modules on the screen at the same time, there is plenty of empty space.

• Like 1

TuxSam123    112
2 hours ago, ZnSstr said:

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been suggested, but could you add the old module that used to destress a dupe while having a space trip? I think a great repurpose would be to be a module dedicated only for the Furniture tab and Oxygen, the best would be adding a special menu that shows custom furniture for that module and can be built only in that module/rocket, like don't starve special tabs for characters. Everything feels so cramped right now, would be cool when its sleep time they just go up or down a hatch and live in that module, or even better show both modules on the screen at the same time, there is plenty of empty space.

Ah, yes, the old Sightseeing Module. I don't see why the devs should add it back, cause you would still need to set up life support and for the duplicants that are inside of it. I do, however, like the idea of rocket exclusive furniture.

• Like 1

ZnSstr    89
8 minutes ago, TuxSam123 said:

Ah, yes, the old Sightseeing Module. I don't see why the devs should add it back, cause you would still need to set up life support and for the duplicants that are inside of it. I do, however, like the idea of rocket exclusive furniture.

Well maybe make modules connected with some airflow tiles, or add some tiles designed as vents to give the feeling oxygen goes into the next module. But yea I'd love some separation of concerns, it feels claustrophobic right now and a mess, at least for me.

boiledDupe    25

Or allow having multiple spacefearer modules that allow dupes to go from one to another (if adjacent) through a top/bottom hatch.  Then you could have your rec building in another module - but I do like the idea of a space-only rec building (maybe low power consumption too) like a ball pit.

• Like 1

Primalflower    3731

I am 100% on board with the idea of more spacefarer modules being allowed at a time on a rocket, and possibly dupes being able to cross between them.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

boiledDupe    25

Yeah, just need a way to close the "dump everything in storage bins" style exploit otherwise why have cargo holds. 

Maybe a weight limit for the spacefarer module - or limit it to one storage bin?

ZnSstr    89
11 hours ago, boiledDupe said:

Yeah, just need a way to close the "dump everything in storage bins" style exploit otherwise why have cargo holds. 

Maybe a weight limit for the spacefarer module - or limit it to one storage bin?

I think the storage weight of bins should be added to rocket burden when calculated and maybe rescaled to at least can carry something and rocket storages changed to be encouraged to be used.. 1000 steel for the big one is a bit too much(my opinion). Or simply add a wall storage where we can add life support items, like algae, polluted dirt, sand.

But I think its hard to fix filling bins then destroying them and having everything laying on the ground, or those should be added to the burden too, And show a list of whatever creates the burden in descending order while hovering the error "rocket too heavy", or whatever. Or dirt cheap solution is to gray out some items in the rocket, that don't belong in the rocket, but I feel like Klei likes to leave 100% space for creativity and they won't restrict things just to make the game very meta.

• Like 2

boiledDupe    25

I like just having a total weight limit that = buildings+debris+dupes.  To avoid piping tons of liquid/gasses, among other things.  Then you can still have storage bins, but have to be careful not to fill them, etc.  Also avoids having the rocket from hell with 20 dupes in the crew...

• Like 2