Beeremy the III

Wormwood is a good character (he is a plant)

Baark0    984

wormwoods fine, but imo he doesnt bring much to the table, more so now that farming is way better. if you want a speed boost for fighting, wolfgang is there, if you just want a general fast movement speed option, he's good at that, but ultimately beefalo outclass him, his armour has some niche uses probably. honestly his blooming is more annoying than helpful in a multiplayer setting, since any nearby bee boxes become rather hazardous when spring rolls around. i dont have any problems with him, but theres not much reason for me to play him personally since all he really has thats unique is no healing from food

ALCRD    526

Wormwood is the king of "my cup runneth over"

With little effort i can produce so much food that i can feed entire server for rest of the game (unless its all Wigfrids but then again free filler for meatballs and pierOPs)

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 2
  • Hunger 2

LinknAllie    1119

The only thing that bothers me is that he can't pick cacti without the husk.  Thorns in hamlet don't hurt him but cacti does.  How does that make any sense.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Mysterious box    1097
7 hours ago, Ohan said:

wormwood is hands down one of the best (if not the best) put together characters of the entire cast. he has so many gameplay options and intricacies.

the only thing that is a slight let down r his two bramble crafts. ive been suggesting what u said for the trap and husk since RWYS. i also wouldnt say no to 1 or 2 new crafts for his tab, possibly utilizing lunar materials or celestial station to connect him to the Moon.  

I like your wetness suggestion in order to differentiate him from wurt. yes to the damage from being too wet but no to the heal, i dont think thats necessary. 

Personally i feel like they should have made him get wet 60 to 70 percent slower and dry fast without a heat source under the assumption he absorbs most of it then he would gain sanity while wet with below 80 percent wetness but lose sanity fast at 80 and beyond.(around twice as fast)

1 hour ago, Theon said:

I thought the post's name was gonna be "Why (In my opinion) Wormwood is tall, stinky and kinda dumb"

Wormwood is tall because his sprite is large, stinky because he has a crippling poop addiction and no concept of what a bath is, and kinda dumb because he calls birds "tweeters" instead of birds.

• Haha 2

HowlVoid    4363
14 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Fashion tip: wear wigfrid's marble helmet skin to appreciate Wormwood's blooming.

Pic or fake news.

Gi-Go    420
2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Pic or fake news.

I'm poor and don't have skins. I'll send it once I'll rob a wigfrid main 

3 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

He's probably got the most unique playstyle of all the cast. Saying that as a good thing.

Wormwood is probably my favorite character in the entire cast. I just wish he had more skins.

ALCRD    526

Blooming Wormwood is so cute i just want to hug him. :D

Tho that's probably a bad idea since he is almost always covered with poo and rotten food.

And especially a bad idea if its the cactus skin variant .. ouch.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Happy Hazard 2

Mantispidae    163

I love wormwood and they're in a pretty solid place, the farming update came with some good changes and now they're the king over food overproduction with minimum effort for those who want a diet more varied than meatballs.

That said, wormwood's personal tab feels almost... pathetic. One of if not the first characters to have their own little craftables and most of them just aren't that great or interesting. That tab could really use a second glance. Personally wouldn't mind a wormwood-crafted weapon that acts similar to the batbat and heals on hit so that people using the character for the first time could get use to no food-healing easier by rewarding good combat. Things like autoreset on the brambles or maybe even a slow expansion mechanic (Like how the brambles in Hamlet would spread over the map, just limited in range) could make some of the tools more neat to use. 

(Also god replacing the compost wrap nitre with actual compost or something)

Mike23Ua    11258

I used to enjoy wormwood as a “challenge” character but then Klei changed him up to be easier to heal by a large variety of methods and “Challenge” went right out the Window.

As POPULAR as Wormwood is as a character (why I haven’t a clue..?) I guess I can understand WHY they made him more easy for even Newbies to pick up & play as.. but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with their decisions either.

(Rot is pretty much everywhere, you can passively heal just picking up loose rot laying on the ground- is it the BEST method to heal him with? Of course not.. but still IS an option when not doing large scale “boss fights” or something.)

My gripes about removing the challenge of playing him aside: He’s pretty fun to play & love the triumphant skin for him.. it takes “Dumb cute pink plant” and turns it into a cool looking alien plant with a menacing eye which is just plain Epic.

Klei will REALLY have to work hard to top that skin with Totally Normal Tree version: And for god sake- make it weird and spooky like triumphant, not cutesy like pumpkin wormwood.

My ONLY complaint about his skins are the small trail of purely cosmetic flowers that his blooms have aren’t equally evil/creepy looking.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

As POPULAR as Wormwood is as a character (why I haven't a clue..?)

funny plant go bloom :)

In all seriousness, he's a really good team player since literally every character will want him (almost as much as they want warly) [and yes, Wigfrid WILL want the filler from farms] and he's a really well balanced and fleshed out character, not to mention fun to play.

• Like 1