Sign in to follow this  
Beeremy the III

Does Walter need a change?

Does Walter need a change?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Does Walter need a change?

• Yes, he is dumb, short, and stinky.
    • No, he is smart, tall, and smells good.
    • I have no opinion.
  2. 2. If Walter needs a change, what type of change should he get?

• Character Refresh (like Wigfrid)
    • Character Rework (like Winona)
    • I told you already, he's smart, tall, and smells good! He doesn't need a change!
    • I also have no opinion.
    • QOL improvements are all he needs!

Recently I made a thread talking about why I don't like Walter and why I think his perks are all a big mashup of random junk piled together.

However, some comments on that thread have gotten me to rethink my views. So I'm wondering, what's the general consensus? Is Walter a good character, or not? Does he need a change? If so, should it be a full rework, a refresh, or sending him off to live with Warbucks and auctioning off his perks to the other survivors?

Edited by Beeremy the III
  • Thanks 1

Pruinae    1668
1 hour ago, Pruinae said:

uh oh stinky

I just wish his slingshot was a bit better and that they made it clearer how well-fed Woby is

and +40 hunger

• Like 1

DarkPulse91    1465

Personally.. woby needs some BIG QoL changes.

She is so infuriating to deal with half the time. She will run away from you nearly every time you try to open her storage or feed her and that's KILLED me multiple times because either my light or weapon were (and this shouldn't be the case) stupidly inside of woby. 

They need to seriously fix woby's AI so that she isn't scared of her damn owner.

(And no, this wasn't only when there was a hostile enemy nearby, this is ALL the time)

Edited by DarkPulse91
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dextops    1713

yeah hes way to op gotta nerf take away woby his slingshot camp fire stories bee allergy tent tree sanity boost sanity lost when hit sanity items not working on him ect

• Haha 3

Parusoid    1060

His only defining feature (slingshot) is underwhelming in every aspect. It is outclassed by a mere spear

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 4

ALCRD    525

Little increase in firerate on his slingshot would come a long way.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3

Dr. Safety    5082

It would be a lot more practical if initiating a string of attacks with his slingshot (or switching targets) didn't take so long of a windup to begin firing, especially when you still have to be pretty close to fire a ranged weapon.

Edited by Dr. Safety
  • Like 3

Mike23Ua    11200

Yes he needs a change. Get rid of campfire stories for a marshmallow/ Hotdog roasting animation- Instead of having 6 different Walters all telling different stories out of sync- They will instead gain sanity from cooking yummy hotdogs/marshmallow on a stick over campfire- AND if Klei wants to keep the perk of “restores sanity of anyone close enough to listen to his stories” then when they are in close enough proximity to a Marshmellow cooking Walter, they TOO will pull out Marshmellow sticks and cook over the fire.

That’s literally my only gripe with Walter: I hate his dumb campfire stories (this becomes significantly intensified if there’s more then one Walter)

• Like 3