Poll on if Wurt should be changed or not  

209 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Wurt be changed?

    • No
      39
    • Yes, give her a full rework.
      37
    • Yes, give her a small change.
      114
    • I have no opinion.
      19


Recommended Posts

As said in the title, do you think Wurt should get a change? If so, should it be a rework, like willow, a refresh, like wigfrid, or a simple change, like wormwood in RWYS

Edited by Beeremy the III
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Milordo    321

Yes, seeing all the posts in the forum still popping out about fixing her or giving new ideas. She needs to be fixed in the building depertament (merm king, merms a.i, ecc....) and be granted with new ideas that would fit quite well the character, as swimming in the ocean.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    11246
20 minutes ago, Beeremy the III said:

As said in the title, do you think Wurt should get a change? If so, should it be a rework, like willow, a refresh, like wigfrid, or a simple change, like wormwood in RWYS

Wurt actually DID get changes like Wormwood and oddly enough those changes came during RWYS, shes in a good spot: the Merm King is kinda boring.. but all her other perks are actually pretty balanced.. especially the hiring an entire army with as little as Seeds or the fish they drop when their kind dies.

Tip for Wurt: she has Strong Grip which translates to- Tools won’t slip out her hands when her inventory is too Wet, it may not seem like a big deal.. but it allows Wurt to run around in spring without needing Umbrella/Eyebrella making fights like Moose goose easier for her.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milordo said:

Yes, seeing all the posts in the forum still popping out about fixing her or giving new ideas. She needs to be fixed in the building depertament (merm king, merms a.i, ecc....) and be granted with new ideas that would fit quite well the character, as swimming in the ocean.

I'd love if Wurt could swim in the ocean, at the cost of an extra hunger drain or some other downside, such as being slower the more you have in your inventory, or taking much longer to pick up things or pick bull kelp. Honestly, I just wish she had more things to eat in the ocean, such as leafy meat. WHY can she not eat LEAFY MEAT?

  • Hunger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wurt actually DID get changes like Wormwood and oddly enough those changes came during RWYS

What changes did Wurt get in RWYS? Outside of the obvious food being more accessible, but that changes every character, except maybe Wigfrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonicDen220    2617
2 minutes ago, Beeremy the III said:

What changes did Wurt get in RWYS? Outside of the obvious food being more accessible, but that changes every character, except maybe Wigfrid.

RWYS made Wormwood and Wurt not lose sanity from wearing wet clothing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SonicDen220 said:

RWYS made Wormwood and Wurt not lose sanity from wearing wet clothing.

Huh. I always thought wurt had that in her kit from release, based on the quotes for getting wet. Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Milordo    321
5 minutes ago, Beeremy the III said:

What changes did Wurt get in RWYS? Outside of the obvious food being more accessible, but that changes every character, except maybe Wigfrid.

They gave to the merm girl who likes water, a half year later after her release, perks against rain and the wet meter. She had even in her quotes, questioning if the character was ready or they didn't give a lot of love and attention to Wurt

Edited by Milordo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Milordo said:

She had even in her quotes, questioning if the character was ready or they didn't give a lot of love and attention to Wurt

Wurt is such a fun concept and idea, but she didn't get the love she needed, in my opinion, to reach her full stinky potential. She has a focus on boating for king, but her perks directly counteract boating to the point you should get someone else to do it. The only food she can eat out there (again, why can she not eat leafy meat?) is kelp fronds.

Might as well get Wigfrid to do it, since she can catch fish, eat it, while collecting kelp fronds for Wurt.

Maybe as the ocean gets fleshed out, stinky girl will reign supreme there.

Edited by Beeremy the III
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PandoPon    211

Excluding making her a "bite sized" Hamlet expirience, i honestly have no idea how I would rework my favorite fish girl.

By "bite sized" Hamlet, i mean introducing several structures of Merms doing various jobs. Miner merms would generate small amount of gold or Food vender would trade veggies for... something. Just make baby sitting Merm king worth all-time, not just in situations of tougher fight.

I like Wurt as she is, spend at least 2000+ days on her. RWYS "buff" was all i really needed honestly.

Edited by PandoPon
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    10693
4 minutes ago, Beeremy the III said:

The only food she can eat out there (again, why can she not eat leafy meat?) is kelp fronds.

Theres also the Corn Cods and popper fish, which are actually pretty common in my experiences.

It's not much and I totally agree she needs some more food options, but I figured I'd mention it.

  • Hunger 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    11246

If they were to make small tweaks to Wurt, I would want them to make minimal changes- Such as, in addition to NOT losing Sanity while wet (which was a change she got during RWYS that also now allowed her to grow veggies in the middle of Winter to significantly trivialize her Veggies only downside..) I think maybe they could change it so she doesn’t get COLD from being wet either.. which yeah for Wurt would Trivialize spring as a Weather season unless she got Wes’s downside:

More likely to be struck by lightning (which makes sense when soaking Wet)

For the people who want Wurt to be able to swim: she ALREADY has a bunch of good perks.. (not dropping tools when soaking wet isn’t something to easily over-look) Shes in a decent spot with exception to Merm-King.. I Hate him.

(building Merm-King makes your Merm army PASSIVE, if you leave them without a king they will aggressively punch anyone or anything that dares to enter their swamp without a clever disguise.)

But your wanting Swimming, and IF Klei was ever going to add Walani to the game at all… swimming would pretty much be her ONLY Perk: Giving this to Wurt would be stripping the franchise of a character who’s entire gameplay centers around swimming abilities.

  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    11054
1 minute ago, Hornete said:

Theres also the Corn Cods and popper fish, which are actually pretty common in my experiences.

It's not much and I totally agree she needs some more food options, but I figured I'd mention it.

and figs

  • Like 2
  • Hunger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    10693
1 minute ago, Beeremy the III said:

Wurt.

The merm.

Who keeps fish as pets.

Will eat corn cod and popperfish.

:encouragement:

  • Haha 2
  • Hunger 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    11246

The new water-logged biome also added figs, it’s not much but it’s worth mentioning, pretty sure more sea biomes will be added in the future, there’s also the fact that a hungry Wurt lost at sea can bail from the boat and not lose her inventory at any time so maybe… it’s balanced? I don’t know..

What I DO Know is moving faster on Marsh Turf isn’t something to dismiss either, it makes any and all fights for Wurt that takes place in a Marsh or on built Marsh Turf: Advantage Wurt.

She also won’t lose sanity while wearing a top hat and carrying a pet fish, which means she can pretty much live in caves: I also just found out recently that Hutch (the caves version of Chester) counts as a pet fish for Wurt- So if she has that she never has to worry about her pet fish spoiling.

The more I think about it Wurt may actually be “Too Good..” Her only downsides are getting punched by Pigs, and only eating Veggies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The more I think about it Wurt may actually be “Too Good..” Her only downsides are getting punched by Pigs, and only eating Veggies.

If you're in a solo world, early game Wurt is not too good, and late game Wurt is also not too good, depending on how much she uses gold. If she doesn't use gold, she's very cool. If she does, she'll run into a shortage eventually due to being unable to trade with pig king for gold. iirc ruins trinkets are the only way to get large amounts of gold late game, and since Wurt can't trade, it's not looking good. I think. I've never made it past 150 days, so idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    11246
2 minutes ago, Beeremy the III said:

If you're in a solo world, early game Wurt is not too good, and late game Wurt is also not too good, depending on how much she uses gold. If she doesn't use gold, she's very cool. If she does, she'll run into a shortage eventually due to being unable to trade with pig king for gold. iirc ruins trinkets are the only way to get large amounts of gold late game, and since Wurt can't trade, it's not looking good. I think. I've never made it past 150 days, so idk.

Hmm, I don’t know.. I’ve played a lot of Wurt, what do you need so much gold for Anyways?? Once you make most structures I never had any further uses for gold.

You can bring Merms along with you to chop trees and Mine Boulders for Wurt which will actually save her tool durability.

Also: Gold Ore rocks renew themselves during Meteor Showers- sure it’s not as fast as and reliable as trading stuff to pig king- but I rarely ever use him anyway even when NOT playing as Wurt..

In fact I’m advocating for a way to completely toggle him OFF altogether in world Gen spawns for the upcoming QoL update.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

My problem with her is that her main perk is merms, and merms, while they might be better than bunnymen, requires much more setup than bunnymen do. Just go to the caves, smash all the bunny huts, and place them wherever you need them. Merms being able to work at night and punch rocks doesnt help either since bearger exists, but early game I guess it can help, but if you want early resources, why not play maxwell or woodie at that point. Plus, webber outshines her now, why play a character who's minions are broken and dont half the time get lost in the middle of nowhere, when you could play a character who can tank bosses armourless and who's minions follow you forever? The only reason I personally have to play wurt is because of her vegan diet, which makes the early winter slightly more interesting.

Before the Webber update, Wurt was second only to Wendy in terms of follower characters, as her merms could chop, mine, fight, and she could get a massive stat boost!

Now she's outclassed by Webber, which is understandable, given his spider loyalty lasts until death.

I don't think there's any reason for Merm loyalty to decay if you give them a fish. If that's too op, make it require a trip to caves for an eel, or make it a heavy ocean fish. 

I'd prefer that then having my merm kill the low health survivors when I'm dropping off wood.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious box    1097
29 minutes ago, Beeremy the III said:

Before the Webber update, Wurt was second only to Wendy in terms of follower characters, as her merms could chop, mine, fight, and she could get a massive stat boost!

Now she's outclassed by Webber, which is understandable, given his spider loyalty lasts until death.

I don't think there's any reason for Merm loyalty to decay if you give them a fish. If that's too op, make it require a trip to caves for an eel, or make it a heavy ocean fish. 

I'd prefer that then having my merm kill the low health survivors when I'm dropping off wood.

The problem is she isn't outclassed by him due to loyalty duration she's outclassed due to the tools and interactions he has.

-webber can heal his followers in mass using craftable and cheap healing goop

-webber can tell his followers to stop fighting, wake them up, and dismiss them

-webber doesn't have to wonder when loyalty will end and having his followers maul his friends

-webber doesn't have to worry about followers getting lost

-webber can place hats on his followers and get them back

-due to being able to heal his followers he can bring his followers to nearly everyone of the game's boss fights

-he can bring followers between shards

-high tier followers aren't tied to a immobile lootbox you have to feed and demands non stackable tributes

-gets full use of his natural racial bonuses without balance hindering it

Merms do more damage and can help with resource gathering but they are inferior to spiders in my eyes for combat.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now