SecretPizzaMan

What method is the best at harvesting huge amounts of logs? (Answered)

Theukon-dos    3271

If you have a pig village/farm, then pig Guarda are probably your best bet thay doesn't involve waiting/swapping. Just feed them before dawn breaks, and them immediately head over to your wood farm and get chopping.

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

If you have a pig village/farm, then pig Guarda are probably your best bet thay doesn't involve waiting/swapping. Just feed them before dawn breaks, and them immediately head over to your wood farm and get chopping.

Thanks, but I hate chopping with pigs cause:

1. I'm Wanda, my ice box only has two pieces of bat wing and a stack of ice.

2. Pigs running around in the dusk is annoying, especially when they follow you back to base with piles of rot in the ground that you'll totally need later.

Edited by SecretPizzaMan
Wrote chet instead of icebox

BezKa    2971

Playing with two friends proved to be the best- you just tell one to chop wood and they go to the forest and die to spiders and-

On a serious note, we planted a bunch of lune trees and with the power of honey crystals one person chops, the other one catches moths, and the third one runs around and digs up stumps and collects wood. Very efficient. Maybe not the most efficient, but after three days of chopping we got over 21 stacks, probably more since I didn't count. No treeguards to worry about, and leftover moths can be eaten for sanity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ArubaroBeefalo    11022
10 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Playing with two friends proved to be the best- you just tell one to chop wood and they go to the forest and die to spiders and-

On a serious note, we planted a bunch of lune trees and with the power of honey crystals one person chops, the other one catches moths, and the third one runs around and digs up stumps and collects wood. Very efficient. Maybe not the most efficient, but after three days of chopping we got over 21 stacks, probably more since I didn't count. No treeguards to worry about, and leftover moths can be eaten for sanity. 

i remember the time i was farming the moths to decorate my base, i got that much logs by just chopping few trees

now, that moontrees are included in world regrowth, deforesting the lunar island could be a very good way of getting a lot of trees without worring about replating the trees

TemporarySolutn    1121
7 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

They're as fragile as a flint axe, but dropping trees in 6 swings means you get 2.5x as much wood.

(not to be that guy but glass axes have 20 less uses then a regular axe, and you probably should have said "2.5 times more efficient" as its time efficient and not increasing harvest size of course unless you meant harvest size per axe which again might have wanted to say that too before you confuse someone and make them think it makes trees drop more wood lmao)

Ohan    2547
2 hours ago, BezKa said:

this sounds like a really fun way to do it. id like to be on moth catching and planting duty :mrgreen: 

---

i like gathering all kinds of resources but i hate gathering wood... its probably my least favorite thing to do in the game its such a tedious chore even when i just run bearger through a forest :wilsondisapproving:. i only have like half a chest of boards i think and like 1.5 chests of wood in my ~900 days world :lol:. I rely very heavily on my beef's poop for fire fuel as a result especially in the early game before i get mushlights for the core base. 

zacqiang    235
7 hours ago, Ohan said:

i only have like half a chest of boards i think and like 1.5 chests of wood in my ~900 days world :lol:.

Meanwhile, from a hoarder's perspective:

image.png.436eed90306ae68b7e5b72ac13cbeadc.png

...not the most lag-friendly world but at least I can forgo making too many chests. :crushed:

And yeah I enclosed my mineral stacks just to prevent any mole-thieves from getting their grubby hands on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 1