Mike23Ua

A friendly reminder to people who complain about the status of the game and it’s updates

Mike23Ua    11258

I know that’s a long title for a new thread I apologize in advance for that but I just felt I needed to speak my mind. People are currently arguing that Wanda should be allowed to Respawn with her clocks after she dies and currently she does this with most clocks when every other character in the game loses their entire inventory after dying.

The Age-less clock I completely understand her respawning with she needs that to not die, but the OTHERS are all Additional Fluff, and being able to Respawn with them when no other character who dies respawns with any of their stuff is just Unfair.

People are complaining that “All those other characters items are Easy to recreate etc etc..” “Wanda’s watches need Thelucite and aren’t as easy to create..”

Yeah lets stop right there for a second: Yes CURRENTLY Thelucite may be seen as this “End-Game” Material that’s tough to get, but if past updates are any indication to go by, it WON’T remain that way.

Before Wormwood or Lunar Grotto Update: Getting Living Logs required finding non-replaceable Totally Normal Tree’s, Spawning and killing a Treeguardian.

Wormwood comes out, can craft living logs from himself out of no where.

Lunar Grotto comes out, can get Living logs from relatively easy to kill Mush Gnome mobs.

My point? There may be an update or character in the future that makes Thelucite just as passive & easy to gather as to how living logs are now.

So it’s important that we don’t think of characters how they play NOW, because as seen above future updates can and likely WILL impact them in significant ways.

Theres also the RWYS update which made getting food in Winter or Veggies for Wurt or Warly dishes a highly passive objective now.

Thank You for reading, just food for thought, have a nice day. :wilson_love:

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sanity 1

HowlVoid    4364

Dust moths are a thing. :)

i know, I forget they exist too.

They just need to make it so they have a more usable and consistent number per world as @Ohan has been suggesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    11258
58 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I disagree. Sure being mindful that changes to the game may cause a ripple effect is fine. But that doesn't mean we should hold out of giving criticism towards the current state of the game, nor give out criticism based on 'what if' scenarios. In this case, Thulecite being 'end-game' is part of what allows Wanda to be a somewhat balanced character. With this being discussed and stated, the hope is that Klei will keep that feedback in mind and not make Thulecite significantly easier to come by. Or, on the off chance they do, they'll know they have to revisit some balance on Wanda.

Meanwhile: 5 Characters yet to get reworks, a Season two story arch that explains the cliff hanger ending to whatever the heck Wagstaff is up to at the end of Return of Them, New characters, and QoL updates can completely tip the scales of balance 

In fact I would EVEN go so far as to say now that we can toggle off core game features like rather or not sanity monsters can spawn at all- Balance has long gone out the Window.

What matters now is fun, characters with unique abilities, biomes, mobs and just in general things to do…

And by the way yes Klei confirmed Return of Thems odd abrupt ending as a Season Finale.. not a SERIES Finale- which means there will be more story arch’s in the future, who knows.. maybe even one coming up really really soon.

But the point I’m trying so desperately to make? If the upcoming QoL allows us to for example toggle “Tons” on Ancient Statues: And those things will now spawn all over EVERYWHERE like how setting “Tons” on Clockworks now does to Clockwork monsters OR if Klei adds a new Biome like Ancient Library or updates an existing mobs behavior to passively drop it- Who other than Klei can say what is or isn’t balanced?

But the very fact that Wanda’s equipment requires this “currently” hard to obtain resources, yet she respawns with these items still in her inventory: Just sounds highly off… Whats the point?

And more importantly: How do we know there won’t be updates focused on adding MORE to the caves, ruins, ancient library- etc..

how do we know Wagstaff or some new character won’t become playable and one of their craftables becomes Thelucite? We DON’T Know..

Thats the purpose of this thread: we can’t complain about the status of the game how it plays NOW because Klei is probably thinking 4 to 5 updates ahead of anything We can possibly come up with.

But.. to give you the benefit of the doubt: IF Wanda’s kit is supposed to be this expensive near “end-game” materials, then Why exactly is she still respawning with them instead of having to craft more?

Klei is obviously AWARE of how much power and utility Wanda’s watches have- so Why is her dying with them so meaningless?

The Ageless I understand, but being able to teleport and open wormholes? Those watches need to drop wherever she recently kicked the bucket so she at least has SOME challenge in going to get them back.

__IvoCZE__    9486

Mike, by the way you disable elements, you barely experienced the game, please learn what you are talking about. I'm not trying to be hurtful, just please think twice. Your thoughts are valuable, but sometimes you are saying nonsense about the game mechanics

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Like 3

ArubaroBeefalo    11080
13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But the very fact that Wanda’s equipment requires this “currently” hard to obtain resources, yet she respawns with these items still in her inventory: Just sounds highly off… Whats the point?

The real question is why you complain about something about a character you dont play

Maybe in a future update klei will give a reason for that clocks spawning with her so please, dont talk about it again because you dont know klei plans (:

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

TemporarySolutn    1123

The way that life giving amulets exist is just unfair, albiet red gems arent the most common the fact that you can use gold and nightmare fuel to ignore death just makes the game too easy

Mike its just a portable touch stone, a thing that is already in the game, and a end game already know what you're doing item

Thread title is not a friendly reminder, it is you who goes on a tangent and complains

FURTHERMORE you are complaining about a QoL item, doesnt insta kill bosses or anything, just makes it so I don't have to rollback 1 day everytime I die or move straight towards a touch stone if I was even lucky enough to see it in the firstplace

Finally what you say about thuelicite becoming "passive & easy to gather" is honestly enraging, getting living logs as wornwood makes sense when (regen health is hard + cutting trees has negative effect + you need to cut alot for treegaurd) and you have no proof that "this is going to be in a next update" and nobody and i mean literally nobody agrees with you on this, this is a point where you really really should take a step back and think "yeah maybe i am over exaggerating" because you most certainly are, to the point this is past just a hot take

And honestly I hope they do make thuelicite a little easier to get because I never get my hands on the ****

• Like 2

__IvoCZE__    9486
1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

aren't you the one that didn't know that catcoons stole items on the ground and wanted catcoons to steal items from player's inventory instead cause of your misunderstanding? It seems that giving feedback only applies to you and not for other people :/

He did also die to a moleworm taking his thermal stone. Oh well.

• Haha 3
  • Shopcat 1

ArubaroBeefalo    11080
11 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

He did also die to a moleworm taking his thermal stone. Oh well.

i remember dying in early dst because of that. Why did they change it? was hilarious

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Haha 1

ALCRD    526
2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Also, aren't you the one that didn't know that catcoons stole items on the ground and wanted catcoons to steal items from player's inventory instead cause of your misunderstanding? It seems that giving feedback only applies to you and not for other people :/

Wait .. Catcoons can steal items that are on the ground?

*PANIK cause my current base is in Deciduous Forest*

Hold on while i proceed to kill every single Catcoon in the area..

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

QuartzBeam    5945
1 minute ago, ALCRD said:

Wait .. Catcoons can steal items that are on the ground?

It gets even worse: Catcoons don't have an inventory to store items in, so they just delete them. Meaning there is no way to retrieve the items they steal. At least that was the case in DS.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

ALCRD    526
1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

It gets even worse: Catcoons don't have an inventory to store items in, so they just delete them. Meaning there is no way to retrieve the items they steal. At least that was the case in DS.

Oh my..

• Haha 1

Mike23Ua    11258

Why do you people expect someone to know every little thing, the in’s and the out’s of how every item, mob, structure, craftable etc in this game works? And then you INSULT them for their lack of knowledge? I’m sorry we can’t all be on a PC with console commands to know exactly how something works or how much damage something deals, or that Catcoons only take clocks when you leave them laying on the ground (when is anyone ever going to do that??!) 

I’m not about to even enlighten you guys by arguing back all I will ask is that you please stop, if you have nothing nice to contribute to the thoughts & feedback of the thread then honestly don’t bother commenting at all, this was just to remind people not to complain too much that Wanda’s clocks require Thelucite because how does ANYONE know there aren’t plans for new biomes, mobs, or even characters that make it more readily available?

I saw someone say cutting living logs from Wormwood costs him health- yeah but his health is easily recovered by sleeping in a tent so Meh..?

Or you need to lose sanity and chop trees to get Treeguards to spawn, alternatively.. you could just go down into the new-ish Lunar Grotto and kill the mobs down there for your living logs.

So who can say there won’t be enemies added in a future update MADE of Thelucite that drop it when killed?

Please be nice & remain respectful, thank you all and have a blessed day. <3

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Sad Dupe 1

Pig Princess    193
53 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

At least that was the case in DS

It is the case in DST, last time I checked was about 2 weeks ago in my lights out world.

Speaking about feedback: one more example of this is march QoL, where not only bugs were fixed, but amount of entities on "tons", "little" and the like was adjusted, new toggles were added, including protection of new players right after joining server and starting items, as well as ability to change settings of already generated world. I doubt we would have that QoL if not for feedback.

On the contrary, not much people generate worlds with non-default settings for branches and loops, so not much feedback here, and I assume that is the reason why cave map is so wonky when loops are set to "always", e.i. biomes inaccessible without lazy explorer or at all, fractured labyrinth, etc. generate often.

• Like 1