Sign in to follow this  
Crysyn

Food is disappearing on me

Crysyn    10

I am not sure if this is a bug or a weird game mechanic I have not noticed before... But I had a stack of cooked carrots, a stack of roasted berries and as I am planting down rabbit traps it is just disappearing.. As luck would have it I was recording while this happened.. And so while I decided to scrap the videos presuming that this is a bug I can atleast snip out the pieces of the video that clearly show my food is just gone. (So this will be coming as Soon as I can render and upload the video).

LadyD    3,212

I had the same thing. I wasnt sure though if I just imagined it.

I would pick up things and go from having a stack to having just 1.

Or I would put something down and stuff would vanish.

r0bop0lo    10

The bug is caused by the rabbit trap. If you stand over the trap while it's being sprung, all the raw meat (And maybe more) will be removed from your inventory.

In the video above, the glitch happens at 0:28.

r0bop0lo    10

Sorry to double post. I'm not sure how hard it is to pinpoint these glitches so I wanted to add that this may be caused by the game's bait mechanic.

When the trap is sprung, it removes any food objects underneath it. Therefore if the player is standing nearby, it may try to remove all the food from their inventory.

Crysyn    10

Wow, Very nice insight, I will definitely keep this in mind as I move forward with my recording (I restarted because of this bug and had it happen again, sucking away all of my berries). I will keep myself away from trying to set a rabbit trap and catch it all at the same time!

NippleKing    14

To be more accurate,The part when it happens is at :49 when he places down the trap and when it is triggered he loses his roasted berries.

r0bop0lo    10

Good catch. They're are actually two instances in that video then.

0:28 makes the roasted carrots disappear. So it looks like standing on a trap when it is sprung will make one stack of food vanish.

Bogpad    20

that happened to me with monster meat, a stack of 19 meat just going poof. since I hunt spiders with traps, the theory mentioned seems to be true, since I most lilky lost my stuff while trapping aswell, I didn't pay close attantion back then because I didn't know of this possible trapping issue.

Corey    175

Thanks for all the info on this, we'll look into this on Tuesday when we're back in the office.

Sign in to follow this