Baark0

QoL Discussion thread

Mysterious box    1324
11 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Merm king taking dmg from being fed kelp.....:wilson_facepalm: merm

Funny thing is the reason this happens is he has the same modifier for hunger as a normal survivor which is why he doesn't gain bonus hunger and is hurt kelp...

It's weird because normal merms share wurt's modifier.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 2

Mysterious box    1324
2 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

Change how wetness works on spiders would be my #1 request. Since they can be put into inventory now, they're treated as items instead of mobs and objects, which means they have a separate wetness meter from the entire world. This change massively nerfed morning star against the simplest mob in the game. What, am I supposed to have 2 weapons on me during spring - one for everything, one for spiders? Blasphemy.

I was actually tempted to make a thread with a title "Why Webber rework ruined the game forever" because of that. I reported it as a bug and there's no response. Probably gonna be another case of "it's intentional by design" like how morning star doesn't stack with Warly's jelly. 

Morning star doesn't stack with jelly because jelly doesn't give a damage boost it gives you electric modifier which has a damage boosting modifier morning star already has this so nothing changes it's like trying to burn a burning tree.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 1

Mike23Ua    12943

The #1 thing on my list- More world Gen options and world Gen settings.

Archipelago style world gens would be included in this list.

#2 After that I would probably be OKAY with reducing crafting costs on some things here & there a bit like Boats only needing 3 planks instead of 4.. etc etc. just to make sure in an Archipelago style world Gen the player doesn’t get completely screwed by spawning somewhere they can’t build a boat.

#3 Character touch ups on already released/reworked characters- Willows lighters being refuelable using the nightmare fuel she farms Would go a long way in keeping the lighter useful even late game.

Guess thats it outside of the things I’ve stated multiple times across multiple other threads that don’t need repeating.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

2021gingerm    15

I would like Wormwood to get some benefits from the rain.  He is a plant I think he should bloom and gain health or sanity in the rain.  

Mentioned in another thread smashing the bone helm gives fossils.  Even just 2 fossils would help.  

• Like 4

Keller Max    251
7 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I'd love to see a few refreshed characters get a touchup or two personally. I would like to see Warly get a bonus to either his food's stats or abilities compared to other survivors, and for Wortox to be able to use souls in the Crock Pot to make dishes exclusive to himself or something similar (get more use out of eating those souls).

Yes please! All characters should have something that benefits them only. Right now, Warly is just a Wilson with a tedious to deal hunger mechanic.

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:
  • Merms returning to their house after not being friends with anyone for a while.

It should be for all mobs that have houses (Pigs, Merms, Bunnymen, GrassGator). If they get lost and unloaded, their house will be empty forever.

• Like 3

SomebodyRandom    505
9 hours ago, Ohan said:

World gen update. Make the Archives larger on average to include more moth dens and/or add dustmoth dens as a world gen option.

Yes please. Fountains of Knowledge are not even guaranteed spawns, they have a chance to not spawn at all.

9 hours ago, Queron81 said:

- Better AI for mobs (not walking towards walls/fences all the time trying to reach unreachable food).

Upon becoming allied with that mob, they learn from you and become smarter as long as they're allied with you.

That'd be nice. I used to have so many spiders just stuck trying to follow me.

Edited by SomebodyRandom
  • Like 4

Well-met    6518

Yes, pig berry bushes haven't reached the point of no-return yet. They're very rare and only spawn in specific spots (if at all). These are probably done correctly.

• Like 1