1. 1. Do you like fish tacos as a dish?

• AMAZING!!
    • Good
    • it's okay
    • meh....
    • terrible!
    • useless as heck!

Just-guy    1377

I wouldn't say it's bad but th fact that Fishticks have higher health and it's required ingredient is more accesible than corn, it puts Fish Tacos in the shadow, which is a shame. If Fish tacos were better it could be reliable when sailing since you can get fish and corn at the sea.

• Like 2

Terra B Welch    7823
Just now, Just-guy said:

I wouldn't say it's bad but th fact that Fishticks have higher health and it's required ingredient is more accesible than corn, it puts Fish Tacos in the shadow, which is a shame. If Fish tacos were better it could be reliable when sailing since you can get fish and corn at the sea.

I get your point, and I do feel like fish tacos don't need too much to be better, honestly giving them 75 hunger and maybe making their spoil time 10 days would make them already better and more worth using imo, using corn cods as a food at sea would be a pretty viable strategy too.

• Like 2

HowlVoid    4361

I agree with everything you wrote.

Another route they can take is remove the corn part of the recipe and just have a veggie requirement of 1.5. This combination would normally net you meatballs.

• Like 1

Dr.Medic    1551

the only time you would ever make tacos i guess is if your warly and have fish i guess but then again moqueca exist wich yes ok there is no good use for it

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Baark0    983

no idea what this does but considering its fish and not surf n turf/fish sticks its probably terrible

• Haha 1

Owlrus    5091

I just wish there was a separate cooking station other than the Crock Pot that would let you cook foods that only need 2 ingredients and give around 37.5 hunger (many dishes including this, Fishsticks, Froggle Bunwhich, Guacamole, Honey Nuggets, etc do this and would fit perfectly). Perhaps a Kettle that can get placed over a campfire that players could bring with them on their expedition to cook them. Throw in a frog legs and a carrot for a small meal, a fish and a twig for another small meal, a morsel and a honey for yet another, 2 berries for a fistful of jam, and 2 monster meat to understand that makes monster lasagna; all while listening to Walter's campfire stories over a fire.

We have a lot of dishes that only get a lot of use because you can cram twigs into the pot. This way I feel would encourage newer players to combine ingredients a whole lot more and give Warly a bit more niche and incentive since he's the only character that could cook "Big" meals on the go.

• Like 4

Baark0    983
1 hour ago, Owlrus said:

I just wish there was a separate cooking station other than the Crock Pot that would let you cook foods that only need 2 ingredients

Hell yeah this would be great for making all these terrible 37.5 hunger recipes viable.

• Like 2

Captain_Rage    1994

Next up: "Wet Goop is Useless (opinions)"

Spoiler

No, please don't go hating on wet goop. It was only a joke. According to the wiki it can be used as bait in traps, so it is not useless (even though most mobs are uninterested in it).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cheggf    4237

I'm voting "meh" because on its own it's not too bad but when compared to fishsticks it is pretty much useless.

21 hours ago, Baark0 said:

no idea what this does but considering its fish and not surf n turf/fish sticks its probably terrible

Fishsticks is what overshadows fish tacos, not surf n turf. Fish tacos are 20HP & 38HNG per fish, while Surf n' Turf is 20HP & 12.5HNG per fish, but also 11SAN per fish instead of 5. Both are very comparable to eachother.

Edited by Cheggf

Flarezen    155
2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I'm voting "meh" because on its own it's not too bad but when compared to fishsticks it is pretty much useless.

Fishsticks is what overshadows fish tacos, not surf n turf. Fish tacos are 20HP & 38HNG per fish, while Surf n' Turf is 20HP & 12.5HNG per fish, but also gives 28 more sanity. Both are very comparable to eachother.

surf and turf is 60 hp, around 37 hunger and 33 sanity, no where comparable to fish tacos.

First, why did you copy my answers?

Second, I don't like fish tacos

Third, who said they're amazing? State your name!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I'm voting "meh" because on its own it's not too bad

Corn gives 25 hunger, like the post says, eating all of fish tacos ingredients ends up giving more hunger than the dish itself (if you don't use 2 twigs)

Edited by ShadowQueen

BeeClops    1294
5 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Name one reason to make fish tacos over Fish Sticks. 'Nuff said.

tacos > sticks 

33 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Name one reason to make fish tacos over Fish Sticks. 'Nuff said.

There is 100% no reason why you would prefer tacos over the sticks, they're a great dish

28 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

tacos > sticks 

Is this a joke?

Dextops    1734
16 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

There is 100% no reason why you would prefer tacos over the sticks, they're a great dish

Is this a joke?

i mean speaking from personal experience eating tacos is a lot better than eating a stick

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

i mean speaking from personal experience eating tacos is a lot better than eating a stick

the word "stick" means fish sticks (unless you were joking around, I just thought you were being serious)

Edited by ShadowQueen

Cheggf    4237
10 hours ago, Flarezen said:

surf and turf is 60 hp, around 37 hunger and 33 sanity, no where comparable to fish tacos.

If we're ignoring the cost of the recipe then surf 'n' turf sucks because mandrake soup gives 100HP & 150HNG. But you remind me that it shouldn't be 28 more sanity, it should only be 18 more sanity. I forgot to factor in two more of the dishes for the sanity part.

Edited by Cheggf