JarrettM

[Game Update] - Rocketry Renovation 476059

minespatch    90073

Love the new Ladder bed. Did a double take when they were changed from completely white to having blue sheets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sakura_sk    1647
32 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

Rocketry Renovation Update for Spaced Out!

Did you remember to update the update for testing branch...?

image.png.9508ddbe51644420b6c99cc59e0b62a4.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

MarcinW    80
34 minutes ago, ATM Reaper said:

Intreguing update but still no Classic DLC Rime :-( I need this in my life......

I am waiting for super cold biome, which only got cold geysers. That would be fun :) But also super cold Rime would be nice :) 

• GL Happy 1

JarrettM    940
34 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Did you remember to update the update for testing branch...?

image.png.9508ddbe51644420b6c99cc59e0b62a4.png

Done :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • GL Happy 1

ALCRD    882

This is an update for the live branch yes? I'm asking cause i noticed the Public Testing version had slightly better performance than the live branch (tho still nowhere near as good performance as version before BOFA)

But the live branch of that ladder beds update seems to have worse performance thant the public testing version of it? I'm slightly confused.

So anyways any progress on fixing the severe performance issues some of us been having in base game after BOFA?

Or any chance that "public_previous_version - CS-469300" beta will stay open indefinitely? 

(Sorry for sounding like a broken record :( )

Edited by ALCRD

Gurgel    2975
2 hours ago, ThunderPuppy42 said:

Is the Wall Toilet to be buildable inside of a Spacefarer Module?

It is. That is its primary purpose, but you can also build it in a regular base.

ImDontknow    2

I'm not sure of the benefit of the space toilet because you still need plumbed water fed to it.  For the outhouses, you keep 2K oxygen pressure in the cabin and even if you have to get some polluted dirt, it doesn't offload gas.  Just sweep it next time you are on a planetoid.  The need for plumbed water to the wall toilet seems like no benefit and simply forces you to have to have a water pump process in the rocket wasting more space.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

34 minutes ago, ImDontknow said:

I'm not sure of the benefit of the space toilet because you still need plumbed water fed to it.  For the outhouses, you keep 2K oxygen pressure in the cabin and even if you have to get some polluted dirt, it doesn't offload gas.  Just sweep it next time you are on a planetoid.  The need for plumbed water to the wall toilet seems like no benefit and simply forces you to have to have a water pump process in the rocket wasting more space.

You don't need a water pump, just water storage.  I use a mod for a smaller water storage container (1/4 the size, 1/4 the storage).  The water flows out of that under pressure so you just fill it up when you stop somewhere next.  I can now change my design to only have the water, not one water, one polluted water so calling that a big win.

You can also use it in your base for some cleaver designs, although personally I use all my polluted water for plants.

Yobbo    202
2 hours ago, ImDontknow said:

Even in the small solo nosecone you can keep several weeks worth of toilet water just sitting in the pipes. As you can pipe water straight into the hab module now, nothing extra is needed inside the rocket.

Also the wall toilet only takes up 1x3 space, which is a pretty huge benefit.

Edited by Yobbo

nyonyonyo    9

With the space savings afforded by a smaller sanitizer and the rocket toilet (yes, I shall call it that because it sounds waaaayyyy better), you create space for a liquid tank to store that needed water. Or you could use an external liquid tank. The possibilities are endless!

g5457s    461

RIP Nikola and (Thick eyebrows dupe in the sightseeing capsule)... it was nice knowing you both...

• Haha 1

"Liquids and gasses can now be piped directly in-to and out-of Spacefarer Module interiors".
gases not gasses 
Nice work :wink:

Edited by randomuser45
  • Haha 1

Sasza22    3761
1 hour ago, ZnSstr said:

Do I need to create a new save file?

Should work fine on old saves but you might have to rebuild the spacefarer modules to get the ports.

• Like 2