ZombieDupe

No reason to want Tackle Box skins

ZombieDupe    312

Aside from collectors, none is going to have skins for items such as the Tackle boxes. They are a trash item meant for a boring task exclusively. The only actually useful things you can store in these boxes are some trinkets and twigs. You want people to want to have skins for your items, make the items themselves actually serve a useful purpose.

The effort you put into building Pearl's house and getting to and from there, getting all the bottles seems fair to allow the boxes to store anything in them, instead of it just being a stepping stone to a boss battle. Bundling wraps can become annoying to wrap and unwrap stuff in them, wasting 3 grass each time. They wouldn't become useless as a result though, bundling wraps would be perfect for storing food, which is what many of us already do and until you get enough boxes you will have to use more wraps. Tackle boxes would simply be an upgrade then. But right now I have no reason or the will to weave or purchase these skins because the items are just trash. I never see anyone use them even in moderated servers.

seaside_items.png

• Like 3

Mike23Ua    11255

I bought this skin set a few hours ago, mostly for the gypsy tent, lighthouse & Chester skin but… the other items in this bundle just feel like bonus to those 3 really great skins.

• Like 1

DelroyBM    1418
1 minute ago, Well-met said:

Make a "nobody likes the cat cap" next time, I want to see the lengths people go to justify it

Spoiler

3.3 Sanity/min restoration.

Small protection from freezing.

Actually looks good.

Cheap.

Easily obtainable on early game.

Fight me.

On the OP's on-topic part: You should try sea fishing, usually you'll need more than one bait, and you'll find how annoying it is when those floats and lures take so much space. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the skin, but the item itself is very useful, and I'm glad it got a skin instead of OTHER skin for the football helmet, the spear, log suit, etc.

• Like 2

BezKa    2980

Who cares? Like do people really crave skins for some things so much that they will be upset when something else gets a skin? 

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 3

Szczuku    17568

Their skin only serves a decorative purpose. I mean, that I, for one, wouldn't get this skin unless it fit into a setpiece that I'm making

Dr.Medic    1554

there are alredy some skins for items no one realy uses anyways like grass armor and it still has some skins

• Like 2

Terra B Welch    7823

I rarely fish in DST, and even then I like the tackle boxes whenever I do and can see why others like it.

It's just skins, no  need to get your briefs in a knot over it.

• Like 3