Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

Spaced Out! - Solar Swamped Update - 473720

SackMaggie    246
17 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Worldgen: Added varied sunlight & radiation values per world.Starting planets will be quite dim and the old "default" sunlight value will not be reached until you are closer to the outer planets in the cluster.

starting planet
Rad 25->18
Sunlight: 80000(?) -> 20000 lux (150W per solar panel)

2nd planet
Rad 25->18
Sunlight 80000 -> 35000 (260W per solar panel)
tested on space out style (sandstone)

• Like 1

Magheat2009    98

I suspect a significant portion of the playerbase will unwittingly simply skip past this nerf by stacking solar panel modules on top of each other on rocket platforms. This is a problem as that will also mean they skip most of the gameplay around generating power in the game. Dev coffee unlimited electricity generator should be added to sandbox without requiring debug for people who want an easy infinite power source and solar panel modules should be changed to produce power only during flight. 

Edited by Magheat2009
  • Like 3

SharraShimada    1211
21 minutes ago, ISS Proxima said:

Good nerf on the solar panels, that was long due.

What nerf? Its just more or less sunlight per asteroid. You could already build less solar panels.

Primalflower    4384
1 minute ago, SharraShimada said:

What nerf? Its just more or less sunlight per asteroid. You could already build less solar panels.

you need more glass for less power on certain asteroids. I appreciate how they did this nerf because it's a lot more of just a discourager than an outright "you-can't-build-solar-panels-on-the-starting-asteroids".

• Like 3

ALCRD    2701

Any word on the performance fix for base game (no dlc) after BOFA update? 

It's still very bad. Not what it used to before BOFA.

Game slowing down to a 20-30 FPS crawl on normal speed with small-medium sized base and partially explored map is pretty unplayable. 

(Had more than double of those framerates before BOFA was introduced)

And the "previous version" rollback beta probably won't be available forever right? (Neither will it ever have mod support for obvious reasons)

Edited by ALCRD

ISS Proxima    17
40 minutes ago, Magheat2009 said:

I suspect a significant portion of the playerbase will unwittingly simply skip past this nerf by stacking solar panel modules on top of each other on rocket platforms. This is a problem as that will also mean they skip most of the gameplay around generating power in the game. Dev coffee unlimited electricity generator should be added to sandbox without requiring debug for people who want an easy infinite power source and solar panel modules should be changed to produce power only during flight. 

Agreed, or just make the top solar module can produce power.

• Like 3

Primalflower    4384
1 hour ago, ATM Reaper said:

Swamp planet, really........ Im officially not talking to you Klei until we get a Rime classic DLC..... Humph!

swamp planet is pretty dang cold IIRC :butterfly:

• Like 1

zach123b    187

my wishlist right now is the autopilot for rockets and asteroid traits or some kind of variety in the SO maps aside from the random 9 or so geysers

maybe an easier source of radiation for mutated plants cause wheeze worts are limited, shinebugs hurt fps, radioactive contaminants are finicky/die fast, and compressed nuclear waste is annoying to setup as tiles

cpy    719

Can we get option to nerf solars even more? Like distant orbit mode or something? Where stuff is cold and sun is far far away?

noaIV    28

well swamp world is not really a planet so much as all the poo from earth that clumped together and froze in orbit after they blew the planet up try to never think of the smell

cpy    719
12 hours ago, ATM Reaper said:

Swamp planet, really........ Im officially not talking to you Klei until we get a Rime classic DLC..... Humph!

Pfff, I want RIME EXTREME TO THE MAX, where at the edges of map oxygen freezes! Hell yea!

• Like 1

0xFADE    582

I had always imagined some sort of space hatch that ate regolith or something having sunglasses like that and maybe a cape.

Edited by 0xFADE

Erikvv    14

I appreciate to hear this game is still under active development.

2 years ago I ran into some minor but annoying bugs. I saw they were reported and decided to wait until they were fixed. Unfortunately they're still there, so I haven't played since, which is a shame because it's a great game.

I hope that at some point you stop developing new features and work through the bug tracker. 

There's willingness from modders to contribute to the code, so maybe it would be good to make a process for this.

Edited by Erikvv
  • Haha 1