goatt

How To Make Dupes Pass A Point One At A Time?

ghkbrew    634

How about with single suit docks? You could set up a bunch of one suit (oxygen mask) check points in parallel and allow access to them in sequence whenever a dupe walks through. They can drop off suits immediately after checkpoint if they're not needed.

• Like 2

goatt    333
23 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

How about with single suit docks? You could set up a bunch of one suit (oxygen mask) check points in parallel and allow access to them in sequence whenever a dupe walks through. They can drop off suits immediately after checkpoint if they're not needed.

does this involve a lot of manual "deliver suit" and "unlock suit"

Jann5s    51

i never had a use case for the dupe checkpoint, what are you using it for?

If i want to limit the number of dupes in an area, I use atmo suit docks (or the new face mask docks) like @ghkbrew suggested. But I'm thinking that you have a different use case.

Edited by Jann5s

goatt    333
16 hours ago, Jann5s said:

i never had a use case for the dupe checkpoint, what are you using it for?

If i want to limit the number of dupes in an area, I use atmo suit docks (or the new face mask docks) like @ghkbrew suggested. But I'm thinking that you have a different use case.

6 toilet 1 sink.

Prince Mandor    192
4 hours ago, goatt said:

6 toilet 1 sink

Any meaningful scheme will be more complicated and space consuming than just adding another 2x3 sink

But you can add combination of dupe detector, not-gate and door after each toilet, so dupe can move ahead only if nobody there. this also needs ability to enter toilets from orthogonal direction, from top or bottom. And some logic to disallow usage of toilet while previous user still in line to go out...

or put toilets in a column and allow exits from toilets in order and only if nobody in a sink part of room...

So, it is possible, but complicated and space consuming

On 8/5/2021 at 4:57 AM, goatt said:

does this involve a lot of manual "deliver suit" and "unlock suit"

You don't need to allow them to use this face mask dock, only open path throw them to separate one dupe from the crowd (if there are only one dock, only one dupe path will be build), and after that close path through dock and open another way

goatt    333
1 hour ago, Prince Mandor said:

Any meaningful scheme will be more complicated and space consuming than just adding another 2x3 sink

Some background: I was interested in the engineering possibility in the simulator. Since I couldn't figure it out, I posted here for help. It could also be the situation where dupes rushes back into base in downtime queuing up at ore scrubber.

But after all, there is no simple solution I guess

kbn    298
11 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

This is the smallest/simplest I could do:

I don't know if this will work because it's a bit of an idea, but it may be possible to make it even more compact by installing a door under the oxygen mask station and disabling it only when passing through the dupe.

aaa.jpg.401ce829a1b1c22f747c2c94d4018257.jpg

• Like 1

kbn    298

I forcibly compressed it.
If I haven't overlooked something, I think this will probably work.

aaa.thumb.png.31db6f1465dcdbc26fc262927e62c641.png

• Like 2

Prince Mandor    192
11 hours ago, QuantumPion said:

Couldn't you just use two oxygen mask checkpoints, facing each other, each with one dock, set to vacancy only?

Consider this situations.

1. Dupe come to first checkpoint. He wear mask. Now he can only go back, because this is only dock with vacancy.

2. Let second dock do not have mask. Dupe come to first checkpoint, wear mask, go to second checkpoint, leave mask there. Next dupe cannot pass -- there are no mask on first checkpoint

• Like 1