Sign in to follow this  
Ashar

[Steam] How do i save?

draco1776    10

Great New update was yesterday and Save bug is still there. I kinda making game unplayable. Pls fix it. None of the tips from this thread works for me!!! I would like to add that my save folder is still empy after the game is saving every morning and evening. And the most important thing is that option to continue disappear every time i restart steam!!!

Edited by draco1776

lordhelmet79    10

This worked for me, although there still are not any files in the save folder..... I also went into the \bin folder and ran dontstarve_steam as administrator and now my games are saved!!!! Thanks all!

mickyT    10

i'm thinking the destination the game gets saved to should be looked at. seeing as this is originally for chrome, the game's probably not being saved on your own computer. this could be the reason offline mode for steam doesn't save properly.

draco1776    10

I think i found a solution. I remembered that some time ago i turned off steam cloud synchronization since i use only 1 pc for steam play. When i turned it back on my save games work fine.

bobby223    10

This save problem is kinda strange. I can quit the game after its saved, quit steam and restart my PC and the saved game is still there. But if I do that and want to continue playing at the next day, then the saved game is just gone. Maybe its a steam cloud problem?

BlacShade    10

I have this issue as well. I can save, but the moment I reboot or steam loses connection the saves all go bye-bye. This pretty much makes the game unplayable for me. So frustrating to get 20 days in and have a base setup all for it do disappear. Not only does it disappear, but I get no xp for the progress made.

And before you ask, I have gone over the whole post and tried all the fixes, nothing saves my save-game when I do a reboot though.

sellako    10

Looks like deactivating steam cloud worked for me, games are being saved so far! try it out guys maybe it might help you.

bobby223    10

I have deactivated and re-activated steam cloud and restarted my PC and the save game is still there, i wonder if it will be tomorrow still there?

Hungertuch    15

1. [i'm not 100% sure if I've accidently done a wrong click but:] Steam cloud might not be working correctly in some cases. I played the game one time in "steam offline mode". When getting back to online mode Steam recognized differences between the files on my computer and the files in the cloud. Steam asked me if I like to upload to the cloud or to download from the cloud. After I clicked download my saved game was gone...

2. Sometimes, when a program crashes (or just doesn't "clean up" fast enough after closing the program) Windows 7 often pops up a "program crashed - try to find an online solution" dialogue (since I'm not using an english version of Windows, the actual dialogue might be very different!). Clicking "try to find an online solution" sometimes leads to automaticly configuring the program to run in "compatibility mode" which redirects files witten on the hard disk to a different location and often causes problems when trying to read them again. In some rare conditions this may happen automaticly without a dialogue appearing! (this is called "elevated compatibility mode" or something like that). I had this happen once to my whole steam! In the "automatic case" it is not so easy to repair this... You have to do some "registry hacking" which may corrupt your whole system (there are many registry keys wich nearly do have the exact same name). I can search together the necessary information (can't recall at the moment how this exactly worked), but only if a klei entertainment member gives me an OK, since I don't know if it's liked when such potential damaging acts are described here!

I think that the problem is Steam Cloud. Saves worked perfectly for me until I disactived my Cloud. And I disactived cloud because if I don't I can't delete my savegames. And If I don't delete savegames every time I start a new game I already have all things resourced from previous games. And I don't really like that, because I WANNA THE ******* GAME BE DIFFICULT.

Sign in to follow this