Sign in to follow this  
Dread

Drill cone for glimmering asteroid field?

Dread    0

Are there any further requirements to mine the glimmering asteroid (the one with wolframite and tungsten)?

I went and mined the gold/fullerene field already, no problem. Same with the frozen ore/sandy ore fields, all work neatly. But I can't get the drill to work on the glimmering asteroid. Any ideas why that might be? The resource section of the rocket just states 'drill cone not working'. Is it because I don't have a gas tank for carbon dioxide that's also there? That would be so silly...

blueberry pi    61

i think it's because you need all the types of cargo a asteroid field has, this one i think has liquid tungsten so you also need a liquid tank in the rocket or a gas one depending on the state of the resources.

is this feature hard to understand? yes

is it needed? yes because a player could collect all solid resources in for example a gas field in an unfair deal.

there should be something informing about this need but oh well.

now you can go with this knowledge and happy mining.

• Like 2

Sasza22    3581
13 hours ago, Dread said:

The resource section of the rocket just states 'drill cone not working'.

The drill cone needs exta diamonds after a while of mining to "sharpen it`s teeth". Basically using diamond as fuel for mining. It`s possible that your cone ran out of diamond mid mining and stopped working.

• Like 2