Dragonfly Solo Reworked Wes Speedkill (12:40) No walls, No healing, Melee only.

For those interested about the plethora of bugs associated with this boss, this run would've come much sooner but I was dealing with a very strange bug that I had to solve out before I could continue.

Essentially the dragonfly was despawning despite me clearly being within the arena bounds, after doing some code diving I came to the conclusion that the only way this could be occuring was if the home location of the dragonfly changed during the fight.

After writing a quick mod to debug I found out that when you pan flute the dragonfly, or I assume sleep it in general, it's home location changes. I assume this might apply to several other bosses which makes me wonder to the extent of how it could be abused.

In the case of dragonfly you can now essentially chain pan flute to pull him anywhere in the map, if he is pulled far enough away from his magma pools then the lavae he spawns will all be spawned on top of him and he won't move when spawning them.

Due to the changing location, this is why I would reset after every lavae pack in this video by dragging it to the center and then pan fluting it there.

Hope that is interesting, my only hope if that if you do something cool with this knowledge that you share it back with us here as well.

12 minutes ago, Whoneedspacee said:

For those interested about the plethora of bugs associated with this boss, this run would've come much sooner but I was dealing with a very strange bug that I had to solve out before I could continue.

Essentially the dragonfly was despawning despite me clearly being within the arena bounds, after doing some code diving I came to the conclusion that the only way this could be occuring was if the home location of the dragonfly changed during the fight.

After writing a quick mod to debug I found out that when you pan flute the dragonfly, or I assume sleep it in general, it's home location changes. I assume this might apply to several other bosses which makes me wonder to the extent of how it could be abused.

In the case of dragonfly you can now essentially chain pan flute to pull him anywhere in the map, if he is pulled far enough away from his magma pools then the lavae he spawns will all be spawned on top of him and he won't move when spawning them.

Due to the changing location, this is why I would reset after every lavae pack in this video by dragging it to the center and then pan fluting it there.

Hope that is interesting, my only hope if that if you do something cool with this knowledge that you share it back with us here as well.

time to have dragonfly fight celestial champion

9 hours ago, Whoneedspacee said:

So you're telling me if I get a bunch of pan flutes I can bring dragonfly to the public base and freak everyone out by fighting her there...

Not only panflute, rollback/server restart does similar thing. I didn't dive into code, but from my experience what happens is if dragonfly was loaded at the moment to which server was rolled back/restarted, then location where she was on the moment of rollback/restart becomes the center of area in which she wanders. I'm not sure whether despawn area location changes though. This can be used to wall up central magma pool without using panflute/other kinds of distraction.

Edit: at least that was true some time ago, I wonder if that was changed at some point, so this information might be not up to date, but post is already there.

2 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Would be interesting to see a Malbatross rush from day 1, including the preparations, although there is probably a reason why such no video doesn't exist and why nobody seems to undertake the task. xd

With the new rowing speed could be fun

Malbatross is one of my favourite fights, i just wish her aggro wasnt that messy

11 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Would be interesting to see a Malbatross rush from day 1, including the preparations, although there is probably a reason why such a video doesn't exist and why nobody seems to have undertaken the task. xd

well, it has been done before. by me infact. day 2 is possible, day 1 might be, but i think day 1 is pushing it.

this is my day 4 one

this is my day 3 one

when the water logged update comes out that when I'm going for a day 2 record

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

With the new rowing speed could be fun

Malbatross is one of my favourite fights, i just wish her aggro wasnt that messy

agro isn't too messy, just takes a while to get it down.

edit: I don't know why no one has done it yet (other than me) because its not very tedious. I'm not encouraging you to take my record though, for I wanna keep it. And if you do take it I will take it back as soon as possible.

Wow, nice! For now I won't watch the video, because I've only seen the Malbatross once without ever tying to fight it, and want to avoid spoilers. It looks like a respectable feat! :DD I meant "from day 1", as in starting the run at the portal and showing the preparations. Not as in defeating it in the first day, lol. Thanks for sharing your video!! :))

Archived