Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Waterlogged Update Beta Open!

LonelySkeleton    101
1 minute ago, Dextops said:

first off no its your fault you got your hopes up for something else you did this to yourself everything mentioned in this update fits the teaser it appears in some places in the ocean it is chill (trees give heat resistance) it has water spiders it was the community that saw the world chill and thought of a polar biome and again this content isn't useless the new figs are cool the new trees allow for water basing to be more possible and theres now a use for the useless river and ponds we have before which we could do nothing about it also gave wurt a greater chance of surviving in the oceans the water spiders help webber the ability to regrow the trees helps everyone the trunk being able to go in a crockpot helps warly the new gators give a lot of leafy meat so i have no idea what you mean by useless 

What?

• Like 2

minespatch    96134
1 minute ago, Dextops said:

it was the community that saw the world chill and thought of a polar biome

Y'know... The hype for a polar biome still might make the devs go into that direction next. :wilson_laugh:

• Like 4

me real life    12708
40 minutes ago, LonelySkeleton said:

New doesn't mean better. Why would i plant giant trees around the coast (can't even plant them on land) for protection from firers when we already have flingomatics/ oasis/ caves?

Because the knobbly trees can be planted along most any shore, require no fuel unlike a flingo, don't limit you to a single biome, and have the other purposes of cooling you down and protecting from lightning strikes. For something you can get pretty easily, that's a really awesome option.

40 minutes ago, LonelySkeleton said:

It seems more so like they're just attempting to fill up empty ocean space for the heck of it, without providing players any incentive to actually sail and go there.

The knobbly trees are awesome, the fig recipes are all neat, the striders give a cool way of getting large amounts of silk in the early game, the gators drop SO much leafy meat for something that exists from day 1, this update has so so much incentive to go and sail to its biome imo, I can see myself going there right at the beginning of new worlds/on pubs a lot!

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fenrir_Jow    54

@Jason 

" Boats speed calculations are now more consistent, so your speed won’t fluctuate up and down.

The following of platforms(boats) is now handled in the engine instead of in lua.

When boats are drifting(moving without a player on them) they will do a scan around them to turn on the physics of nearby objects.

When boats entity sleep all sails on a boat will get closed.

In the engine, platform following now properly supports rotation(as in objects would rotate around a boat when a boat is rotated), this however is not yet used in the base game.

Embarking can now fail if the embarked position gets too far away from the player(IE two boats moving at top speed past each other and trying to hop would now fail) "

this means Wild Fire on boats far away? 

• Sad Dupe 1

me real life    12708
22 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Wait, how?

Just killing them, nothing deeper than that :p their nests are really concentrated together and they just throw themselves at you if you keep a monster meat on the boat.

SomebodyRandom    1446
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

(being able to create mass of water (strident trident as a pitchfork that removes land?)) 

*Casually turns the entire world into nothing but water for the best sea basing experience*, or alternatively turn the entire world into land but that's not as cool as the ultimate sea base

TipherethB    865
20 hours ago, splorange said:

people arguing for things when they have no idea what they are talking about is the reason why we can't have nice things

Was saying something like that necessary when someone above you gave an actual response which addressed the concern I had in an infinitely more constructive way..? 

Edited by TipherethB
  • Like 2

Mike23Ua    15112

If you want my opinion I believe Klei has plans to add more and more to the game, this new Sea Forest Biome (yeah that’s what I’m calling it) is just One thing… But there are probably plans to do more content like this around the oceans and empty land biomes.

Im not sure why exactly the game would NEED a 64-Bit version but if I had to take a guess at it: It’s going to be like GTA V 360 version vs GTA V Xbox One version and soon (November) also GTA V Series X version..

For anyone who does not actually play GTA V: That means they stop doing content for the old version of the games because they’re not capable of having anything new added.. and instead focus remaining updates on the newer hardware.

It is an unfortunate process of life.. But I’m pretty sure there is a WORLD of differences between 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions of DST.

With that said: I believe we’re going to start seeing huge changes to the game now.. and I certainly expect more biomes to be added to both the land and sea.

Because I’m pretty sure Klei didn’t just jump from 32 to 64 just for Modders.

LonelySkeleton    101
4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Because the knobbly trees can be planted along most any shore, require no fuel unlike a flingo, don't limit you to a single biome, and have the other purposes of cooling you down and protecting from lightning strikes. For something you can get pretty easily, that's a really awesome option.

The knobbly trees are awesome, the fig recipes are all neat, the striders give a cool way of getting large amounts of silk in the early game, the gators drop SO much leafy meat for something that exists from day 1, this update has so so much incentive to go and sail to its biome imo, I can see myself going there right at the beginning of new worlds/on pubs a lot!

Sorry i overreacted 

• Like 4

Gourmand    1163

The new biome looks nice, it's just very empty. This update seemed to focus the devtime towards fixing boats. It just doesn't make sense how there is just shallow water in the middle of the ocean that allows for the grass gator to walk along and for trees to sprout from, it would look way better and feel more immersive if they added new islands around these waterlogged biomes. Right now, the direction Klei is taking the ocean is: structures in the middle of nowhere, niche use, no incentive to visit them often. Salt, cookie cutter shells, sea weed sprouts, seed shells, barnacles, and now figs all serve the purpose of filling up the ocean without having any meaningful gameplay implications. Salt you only really need to make one trip for. The rest is not worth it at all, there's no positive gameplay loop or replayability to 90% of the ocean content. Even fishing is not worth the hassle and materials.

• Like 2

twitchgabo    109

Loved it! So happy to see the ocean improving.

Also, regarding the Tree Jam, how does it affect wormwood? Does it count as a fertilizer? I hope there is some potential there

Baark0    1832
9 hours ago, Dextops said:

first off no its your fault you got your hopes up for something else you did this to yourself everything mentioned in this update fits the teaser it appears in some places in the ocean it is chill (trees give heat resistance) it has water spiders it was the community that saw the world chill and thought of a polar biome and again this content isn't useless the new figs are cool the new trees allow for water basing to be more possible and theres now a use for the useless river and ponds we have before which we could do nothing about it also gave wurt a greater chance of surviving in the oceans the water spiders help webber the ability to regrow the trees helps everyone the trunk being able to go in a crockpot helps warly the new gators give a lot of leafy meat so i have no idea what you mean by useless 

here, you might need a couple of these ----> .

• Haha 1

allmeitysk    81

As a basebuilder I do not see myself working around this update much. 

- I would love to be able to create artificial rivers or ponds where I could plant these inside the base not along the coast line
- I would love for tree to protect to certain degree from rain as well? 
- I would love to be able to craft or replant hanging vines. 

- Give us more decoration for basebuilding please. keep our creativity flowing. 

• Like 1
  • Health 1

QuartzBeam    8354
1 minute ago, allmeitysk said:

- I would love for tree to protect to certain degree from rain as well?

The canopy already provides 35% wetness protection and completely blocks lightning.

• Like 4

Zeklo    20639

So does 64bit mean it could be possible to widen the ocean a little?

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 2

ALCRD    2785
15 hours ago, Roodmas said:

So if I understand correctly, if you plant your own great tree trunk, it will not grow figs like the original ones?

Yea sadly it doesn't grow figs.

I think that should be changed imo. At least give them some chance to sprout fig vines.

Spoiler

That and also replantable Banana trees please ^^

Edited by ALCRD