Sign in to follow this  
xusnorris

Steam version don't feel smooth...

xusnorris    10

As title say the game sometimes have some kind of fps drop or something like that, the weirdest thing is that i used FRAPS to confirm and the fps are at solid 30 all the time.

I think this can be a bug related with the vertical sync or with amd crossfire (i tried with the crossfire enabled and disabled and the problems are the same, in some games when i disable crossfire i solve screen tearing and fps drop problems)

I gifted the second don't starve key to my girlfriend and she can play really smothly and without any problem with a laptop with lower specs than mine.

Changing topic, i want to congratulate klein entertainment for this game, is really funny and awesome, i hope you will change your mind and will add a coop mode :p

My specs:

i7 860

8Gb Ram 1333 mhz

Amd Radeon 5970 2gb gddr5 with 12.8 drivers + 12.10 CAP APP Profiles (it's like 2x 5870 in crossfire but the clocks are set like the 5850 model in both gpus)

JoeW    20,981

Hey there xusnorris,

We have some performance fixes coming in the update Tuesday. Thank you for your report.

Please come by after the next update and let us know how it worked out for you.

Glad you are having fun, thanks for your support!

xusnorris    10
Hey there xusnorris,

We have some performance fixes coming in the update Tuesday. Thank you for your report.

Please come by after the next update and let us know how it worked out for you.

Glad you are having fun, thanks for your support!

Thanks for the quick answer ^^ , i will tell you something about the performance with the next update.

xusnorris    10
JoeW I thought Kevin said fps was locked at 30?

Yes the fps are locked at 30, and there aren't any "real" fps drop, simply don't feel the game smooth, is like there are some kind of performance problem but isn't reflected in the fps of the game. As i said before my girlfriend play with the fps locked at 30 too but the game run really smooth, in my computer i feel some kind of micro stuttering.

Sign in to follow this