Nightfall's (dead) Art Thread

a finished thing of the Queen of Arson 

I messed with colors and smudging to make FIRE

Untitled271_20211006204336.thumb.png.b12b49dbe1e468ce5ae30753709b5f95.png

And DANG they look detailed when clicked on

Now, I will be drawing Wurt, I draw her too much in English class and do you just hate when ppl ask what ur drawing? Not only that, but with a disgusted tone? There's this dude today (Not calling names of others), I was doing random sketches of Wurt and he asked, "What are you drawing?!" He sounded soooo disgusted :/

There, a story of me at one time ig, which was today

Edited by NightfallsCurse
Ehhhh I didn't want to mention my name, so I got rid of it :D
  • Like 8

If you want tips, here, I have some

Program Used: Ibis Paint X

Brush: Lineart (Found online)

I use a brush at 54% opacity (Black color), drawing rough edges, and when I'm done, I outline it at 100% opacity with no rough edges (same layer).

Then, I put a layer underneath the lineart layer, when I color, i use the Glass Pen

After I color, I put darker colors around edges that need their shading, I use the Blur tool to blend in colors

Then, I go back to the Lineart layer, turn on Alpha Lock, and color the lines

Ofc, it might sound complicated at first, but you'll get the hang of it, this is just MY style :D

Edited by ShadowQueen
fixed typos :D

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

I like the choice of colors in the background but I hope you work on them more in the background. There is promise but it needs to be pushed a bit more.

Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it!

im no person that makes the best backgrounds, I agree, it probably needs to be pushed more

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NightfallsCurse said:

Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it!im no person that makes the best backgrounds, I agree, it probably needs to be pushed more

You could try tracing the tree and then freehanded redraw the same tree but with the colors you chose. 

Since it's digital, for the grass, you might want to mix saturated noise and motion blur?

• Like 1